Free Post Secondary Education in Canada

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No I have and you are just trolling.

I suppose the other dozen or people who questioned you, and who did not get an explanation are trolling as well. You either can't communicate or your idea is bad. The consensus seems to be about 20% of the former and 80% of the latter.

Edited by hitops

I suppose the other dozen or people who questioned you, and who did not get an explanation are trolling as well. You either can't communicate or your idea is bad. The consensus seems to be about 20% of the former and 80% of the latter.

Nope just you.

I replied to the others questions which you appear to be unable to read.

This isn't democracy. It is basically ability to read and comprehend, as of now your vote doesn't count. You fail the qualifier.

Although Guyser has come pretty damn close to trolling persistently, he still seems to not be totally obsessed though, unlike you.

Edited by shortlived

Nope just you.

I replied to the others questions which you appear to be unable to read.

And not a single person agreed with you. I'm guessing you just passed that part over. That's because it doesn't make sense to anybody.

Keep calling people trolls, if you do it long enough, maybe your idea will magically become sensible.

The most recent participant, just like everyone else, has the same problem.

There are a lot of questions here that need to be answered and I don't believe that you have done a good enough job of explaining your concept. That is likely why you have received criticism to the point that those posting on this board are laughing at the concept. You need a more detailed account that is supported by evidence. You are simply mucking about with a generalized theory and tearing into any challengers that have contested your position. Answer some of these questions and perhaps a more credible, civil conversation will emerge that will either solidify or disintegrate your argument. Cheers.

He wants you to answer some of these challenges. Why? Because until now you have not done so in any way resembling coherence.

TimG strongly disagrees with me on housing. But we are united in recognize what an unworkable idea your plan is:

When I was at university the people paying their own way took it seriously.

Rich kids on their parent's dime were there to party.

The lesson is the same: put a price on something and only people who value it will seek it.

Give something away for free and it will not be valued.

It is also worth noting that in places that provide free university education like Germany it can take 7 years to get a 4 year degree because there are not enough seats in mandatory courses. It is exactly the same problem we have with healthcare because the government cannot limit demand with a price so it is forced to control costs through rationing.

He recognizes the incentive problem. He gave you an example proving exactly that. We don't to wonder, we can just look around us to see how that works. You can't see it, and it's too bad.

Bonam gets it too

Anything that is "free" gets used inefficiently. If you offer people free houses, they'll take 5 just cause they can. If you offer people free hot dogs, they'll take a bunch and eat one or two and throw away the rest. If you offer people free education, they won't properly consider whether there is economic value to what it is studying, value enough to make the cost of it worth it. And meanwhile universities still have costs, so they'll still be charging money. But that money will be charged to the government administering the "free education" program. And the universities can then just raise the rates through the roof, since it won't actually deter any students from going there, since their education is "free".

It's just you. The funny part is you believe that having tried to explain it means you've answered it. You haven't, as shown by the fact that it doesn't make sense to anybody.
I hope one day if I'm ever in politics, you are chosen by the opposite party to explain your platforms to Canadians. Actually come to think of it, would you mind joining the NDP?
Edited by hitops

Hitops you are a troll that is why you are called a troll.

Taking comments out of context proves nothing other than you like to distort information.

You are digging for an argument, when I'm here to discuss.

I'm not here to repeat myself.

I have to state supporting false positions doesn't help you see the light it helps you fail miserably at improving the world. Its not too late to change and save yourself from a life of utter idiocy.

You have issues.

I can tell you are more challenged than some of the others with only slightly jaded and delusional viewpoints.

You are here to be an anus and little more, I recognize that.

I don't value your opinions what is your point? Stating false premises and gaps in logic only shows you to be stupid. Is this to say stupid people won't agree. Well line up the people to vote on the idea and lets see who is stupid.

Tell enough lies people like you might start to believe.

A vote which does not comprehend is not an informed vote.

Anything that is free gets used inefficiently - not applicable to my plan.

Lwhispers questions were answered.

TimG raises nothing to do with my plan.

None the less I have opened this up to discussion rather than repeating myself.

IMO quoting other board members is pretty lame. Especially when it doesn't even come close to supporting the premise you are trying to make when the statements are taken in chronology and context to the thread.

You are only demonstrating even further you have no clue how the thing works or are lying massively to distort it. Either way you are showing you are an anus..

Edited by shortlived

After 11 pages. You rant you rave, but you don't have an answer.

It's funny you keep having a seizure and have nothing but insults. Because you have no argument.

As stated I'm not here to argue. I'm not trying to insult, I'm sharing my impression of you, no offense intended.

The answer arn't there because you have some issue with reading the answers.

Understand my tone is not meant to be nagging as I perceive yours to be, not vexatious at all.

I simply believe you to be a troll and an anus. I could find much more creative ways to attack you if I wanted to insult or vex you.

Since I'm not here to argue or flame, as you seem to be... ...if you want you could perhaps keep on topic and discuss free education rather than making false statements to distort the information presented.

You and other here seem to get off on attacking people far more than actually presenting valid issues with a position. You have not done that, that is why your comments here lack substance. Regurgitating previously flawed positions really doesn't do anything.

Edited by shortlived

As stated I'm not here to argue. I'm not trying to insult, I'm sharing my impression of you, no offense intended.

The answer arn't there because you have some issue with reading the answers.

Understand my tone is not meant to be nagging as I perceive yours to be, not vexatious at all.

I simply believe you to be a troll and an anus. I could find much more creative ways to attack you if I wanted to insult or vex you.

No you couldn't, that's the sad part. All your best comedy has been used up.

And still no answer.

No you couldn't, that's the sad part. All your best comedy has been used up.

And still no answer.

Yeah whatever. Keep on blabbing. The only contribution to this discussion you are presenting is fill and misinformation.

Perhaps when you have a meaningful thought you can come back and post.

Or *gasp* learn how to read..! and maybe even comprehend.

Now to restate that free education will benefit Canada and Canadians, removing $20,000 in lifetime taxes from taxpayers at the federal level alone, plus inflation adjustment. It will also reduce redtape, staffing overload, and duplication of services. Better yet, it will create pensions for those who funded the initiatives.

This will save time, money, and improve quality of education by giving students more time to study and less time filling out paperwork and waiting in line.

Edited by shortlived

Yeah whatever. Keep on blabbing. The only contribution to this discussion you are presenting is fill and misinformation.

Perhaps when you have a meaningful thought you can come back and post.

Or *gasp* learn how to read..! and maybe even comprehend.

Now to restate that free educaiton will benefit Canada and Canadians, removing $20,000 in lifetime taxes from taxpayers at the federal level alone, plus inflation adjustment. It will also reduce redtape, staffing overload, and duplication of services. Better yet, it will create pensions for those who funded the initiatives.

This will save time, money, and improve quality of education by giving students more time to study and less time filling out paperwork and waiting in line.

And.......still no answer to the incentives problem. What a shock.

It's humorous watching you lob the insults, and in the process label yourself with them.

And.......still no answer to the incentives problem. What a shock.

It's humorous watching you lob the insults, and in the process label yourself with them.

Still no reading of the thread. I've explained these points before, ...

free education will benefit Canada and Canadians, removing $20,000 in lifetime taxes from taxpayers at the federal level alone, plus inflation adjustment. It will also reduce redtape, staffing overload, and duplication of services. Better yet, it will create pensions for those who funded the initiatives.

That is a fact which has been demonstrated in my comments.

Why don't you do yourself a favour copy and paste all my comments in one big thread. Then see how true my statement is

free education will benefit Canada and Canadians, removing $20,000 in lifetime taxes from taxpayers at the federal level alone, plus inflation adjustment. It will also reduce redtape, staffing overload, and duplication of services. Better yet, it will create pensions for those who funded the initiatives.

Is that repetitious enough for you. I know you get off on wasting my time. That seems to be part of your sickness.

Edited by shortlived

Still no reading of the thread. I've explained these points before, ...

free educaiton will benefit Canada and Canadians, removing $20,000 in lifetime taxes from taxpayers at the federal level alone, plus inflation adjustment. It will also reduce redtape, staffing overload, and duplication of services. Better yet, it will create pensions for those who funded the initiatives.

That is a fact which has been demonstrated in my comments.

Why don't you do yourself a favour copy and paste all my comments in one big thread. Then see how true my statement is

free educaiton will benefit Canada and Canadians, removing $20,000 in lifetime taxes from taxpayers at the federal level alone, plus inflation adjustment. It will also reduce redtape, staffing overload, and duplication of services. Better yet, it will create pensions for those who funded the initiatives.

Is that repetitious enough for you. I know you get off on wasting my time.

That has absolutely nothing to do with the incentives problem. Maybe you are not answering it because you are just to stubborn to understand it. There are only so many ways we can try to ask this.

Edited by hitops

That has absolutely nothing to do with the incentives problem. Maybe you are not answering it because you are just to stubborn to understand it. There are only so many ways we can try to ask this.

read the thread, as stated it is explained in from page 1 to about 9 when you got on and started your nonsense.

You are back on ignore until you start making valid comments again.

Edited by shortlived