RW Authoritarians Rolling back Cannabis decriminalization in Canada

kairos

All drugs are natural made. Can you identify anything that is not made by first starting out with natural substances? We cannot make anything unless we process it from something else first.

Um....not correct for the most part

Wanna try again?

Unless you mean the computer you post from started out w natural substances.

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry but it is quite true. I can give you exact information from knowledgeable smokers about the dangers of eating marijuana. The problem is the doseage is hard to control, and when it becomes digested there can be a huge inrush of the drug into the bloodstream. This process can take up to an hour, so the drug user has difficulty gauging the effect on their brains. No brains, no brains

First of all what you are saying is BS but this was actually something you were concerned about you would be legalization. Which is the ironic thing you keep making my argument for me. Again your problem with edibles stems from your insistence at keeping it illegals. If you legalize and regulate distribution you can make sure all pot products are the same. It would be the same as you saying illegal booze makes people go blind so we should keep that illegal. Yep home-brewed booze and moonshine done by people that don't know what they are doing is dangerous. SO WHAT?

Your arguments are the lamest attempts at trolling I have ever seen.

Ok, no more doper comments, I promise. I'll find another, nicer pronoun for people who abuse drugs.

Touchy aren't we...

How about people that use drugs. People that abuse alcohol are alcoholics do you call everyone who has a drink an alcoholic? Of course not because it would be stupid to do so. Ergo your use of the term doper for anyone who smokes makes you an.......

Presumably they have to sit there in emerg because there is nothing anyone can do about it.

I know people who went to the hospital to get their toe nails cut. That small minority does not mean everyone or anyone else would that. Like it or not there are plenty of people in Canada who abuse our healtcare system because they have problems. That has nothing to do with anything though.

So you admit there is a problem, people do have to go to the hospital after eating the pot. Can't really be 'categorically untrue' then hey?

Reading comprehension issues I see.

I said people may go to the hospital, no one is sent to the hospital, no one has to go. Some people are morons and may think they might need to go. But the fact is no one is sent...capice?

Quotin facts to you who are in denial, right off the top of my head! I guess the old boy's memory aint so bad. See that's what happens when you just say no to drugs.

Mock all you want, but it is plain to see you have no idea what you are talking about. No one had OD'd on pot, no one gets sent to an ER on pot alone.

Perhaps if you did research you would find out most of the myths you hold are plainly untrue. But then I know you are a person of religious faith so your MO is to believe such sky fairy crap as you do.

Presumably they have to sit there in emerg because there is nothing anyone can do about it.

Because it is not a medical condition to treat.

Finally some sense !

Sure did. Oil, copper, silicone...

Fine, but MDMA are not natural substances, neither is insulin, neither is advil, neither is a plethora of other drugs. If you think they are, please show us the plant that grows Advil, or insulin.

If you do, I 'll shut up

Ok, no more doper comments, I promise. I'll find another, nicer pronoun for people who abuse drugs.

Touchy aren't we...

No , not touchy at all.

The vast majority of people who use pot are not abusers. You categoriclly lump them all in one group.

You like religion as referenced in other threads. You do know that religious folk abuse children. Why do you do that?

Now.....do you see the stupidity of one positing that all religioous peeps are child molesters? Now apply that same logic to people who use MJ.

All kinds of people use drugs, but the distinction is that these are people who use ILLEGAL drugs. That takes too long to type out. "Dopers" is much more to the point. Everyone knows what it means. Pretty sure that's why they call it dope.

You just said you called abusers that. You can't even follow your own posts Manny. Your reasoning it running circles around your own self. Maybe go back and re read your posts because you are all over the place and haven't given one real reason why you chose to hold your opinion besides your own ignorance.

Well you jumped in late, so you missed the good stuff posted by me and others a few days ago. We're at the ad hominem part now in the thread, so...

No I was there, most the points were pretty weak and based on the fact the anti-pot posters in the thread couldn't understand the difference between correlation and causation. That weak point was the best ones you had and those were pretty weak especially when if you replaced the word marijuana with alcohol you would have made a point for making alcohol illegal and there is more medical evidence on every point you made about how alcohol is worse.

Seriously just say it. It is your own ignorance that keeps your mind made up on this fact.

Even if it were true that pot caused schizophrenia, cancer, AIDS, and death, it wouldn't justify creating a black market and criminalizing it. There are all sorts of substances on the market that are much, much more dangerous, and all you have to do is list the side effects in a monotone during the advertisement for them.

Simply, the people who are in favour of criminalization are either very uninformed on the subject, or they just dislike dope smokers and like using the state to persecute them, or they're making money from its black market sale and want to perpetuate the status quo.

Perfectly clear to what has already been posted and not what you're arguing.

The article's argument and the research says that marijuana can have an adverse effect on those who already have schizophrenia or the genetic precursors for schizophrenia.

What you and others have argued is that pot causes schizophrenia. That article doesn't say that, nor does any of the research posted thus far.

Edited by cybercoma

All drugs are derived from natural sources. Some are deadly even when natural, such as those poisonous mushrooms that people smoke. God made that shit too.

false, there is a difference between a plant and a chemical base.

For instance hash is not the same as pot. You need to process pot to make hash. While hash could still be a herbal, it is not natural. It is manmade.

Now chemical drugs are even more processed. Example opium may be a herbal, but heroin is a chemical thus should be a pharmacuetical as opposed to a herbal. Opium like pot has been used since ancient times.

Pot is not edible.

false, pot is edible. Pot seeds are very nutirtious. Pot is a green leafy plant.

Pot is definately edible.

Or if you eat it you can get way, way too high.

False it is all about how much you eat, and its potency.

Some people eating it end up having to go to the hospital because they're completely freaking out. Laughing with dorito dust don't help them no more.

Well there is a difference between use and abuse. Part of abusive behaviour is doing drugs like drinking all by yourself.

Anyone who experiements with drugs should ease into experimentation and research dosage to body size, just taking a key of coke and inhaling it all with a gas mask is just asking for problems. The same is true of eating a grow lab.Fact is here that while eating pot can cause some pretty exceptional states of mind body interaction, freaking out is due to a failure of the individual to have proper experience in managing their own trip. People who havn't learned to manage their own trip should never do drugs alone and should always have someone who can manage their trip and/or isn't high along for the ride. These are just common sense rules.

The common effect of eating too much pot is passing out , as the body shuts itself down.

Overload of the endocannabinoid system causes the body to shut itself down. http://en.wikipedia....nabinoid_system It stimulates enjoyment of specific activities, like eating, causes supra sensory response that is focal concentration is a million times, and neurochemical reactions are amplified. It does not change anything it amplifies things so you more readily experience them. Likewise memory function is put into feedback mode, which is effectively what pot does, creates a feedback loop on memory function thus causing chain triggering of neurochemical processes.

A pot high while can be compared to a chemical high, is not as dangerous. Cocaine and other drugs are drastically more dangerous than pot. You would get sick eating tobacco and die, you won't get sick and die from pot.

Nicotine is lethal THC is not very lethal at all. There are way more harmful substances in cigs than in pot. Fact is tobacco is way more dangerous than pot.

http://en.wikipedia....otine_poisoning

"Nicotine, in its pure form, is one of the most lethal poisons known to man."

source: "http://www.ecigarett.../comment-page-1"

Also your link talks about someone who ate cannabis "resin" resin is nasty stuff. Eating resin is not the same as eating the plant, there is lighter fluid and other crap in it. Resin is a refined substance that is adulterated with lighter fluid. Also who knows what grow or lacings were on the stuff he burned to get the resin.

What your link alludes also is if they smoked pot what other drugs like LSD or otherwise have they done? Fact is LSD is clinical. This says nothing about other drugs that people who smoke pot might also have done.

Part of the issue is the gateway, they get the other drugs from the same person they get the pot from.

The mood is much different when you already think doing illegal pot is ok so other drugs are just the same, but the fact is they are a totally different level in some cases.

Making pot legal will just reduce the interconnection of the gateway and acceptance of illegal behaviour. That is if strick laws are put in place for manufactured drugs and the association between natural pot from chemical drugs removed.

The netherlands is a classic example of how legalization in some form actually lowered the number of users as compared to the united states, canada or britain.

Edited by shortlived

Causes and triggers is semantics.

Your analogy of Russian roulette is stupid because one person is playing with a gun that has 4 bullets, while another person is playing with a gun that has none. Because smoking pot does not cause schizophrenia. It's like saying we should ban peanuts because many people have an allergy to them.

Nonsense. Nobody is arguing that it causes schizophrenia.

Except you did.

Funny that, cant keep up on what you said.

...here,,

Jan 31st... I recall there was some research came out last year, showed it made some people go schizo

Rocky Road

Yes Cannabis does cause schizophrenia and mental illness

Need more?