Reporting posters

betsy

This question was due to the incident at United States section:

http://www.mapleleaf...ic=22138&st=105

Well, I do not support the list of gun owners being published and I'm the one who reported you. And I would do it again.

From what I understand, it was Bryan who felt personally insulted. If Bryan decided not to pursue the matter to the extent of actually reporting about it - why should anyone do it?

Isn't this being petty? Furthermore, tying up the time of the mods? If the concerned party decided to leave it at that, can't we just go along and let it go?

There is a time when we do have to intervene and report to the mods (such as when someone makes a threat against a fellow-poster, etc..,) ....and there is also a time when we just leave it to the concerned parties to do what they want to do. Don't you think?

Edited by betsy

This question was due to the incident at United States section:

http://www.mapleleaf...ic=22138&st=105

From what I understand, it was Bryan who felt personally insulted. If Bryan decided not to pursue the matter to the extent of actually reporting about it - why should anyone do it?

A violation of the forum rules can be reported by anyone at anytime.

It is then up to Sir CA and/or Sir Greg to issue warning points and/or suspensions based on whatever it is they base it on.

Isn't this being petty? Furthermore, tying up the time of the mods? If the concerned party decided to leave it at that, can't we just go along and let it go?

Why is it being petty to point out to CA and/or Greg that a forum rule may have been broken?

What is petty is when someone takes advantage of a situation to start an ad hominem attack on another member and it goes unnoticed (either by other members and/or by CA/Greg).

There is a time when we do have to intervene and report to the mods (such as when someone makes a threat against a fellow-poster, etc..,) ....and there is also a time when we just leave it to the concerned parties to do what they want to do. Don't you think?

Um, no.

Read the forum rules.

Anyone can report another member if another member is breaking any of those forum rules.

This is not rocket science.

I also want to know what do you think is the difference between insults? Which is more insulting....innuendoes, or direct?

You replied to Signals.CPL with this retort:

They have to deal with the consequences despite the fact that people like you are irrationally blaming them for something that is not their fault.

http://www.mapleleaf...pic=22077&st=90

I didn't read anything coming from him to justify you insulting him, and the others that happen to mirror his views on the matter.

You also gave an uncalled for statement that's meant as an insult to the queen, and disregarded the thrust of the argument being presented.

Msj

I also have no respect for the Queen so I do hold my former premier clients in a higher regard than I would hold her.

http://www.mapleleaf...ic=22077&st=105

It is not what or how you feel for the queen...but the nurses' in question that's being discussed. Therefore, injecting that irrelevant comment is meant as an offense not only to the queen, but for those who have respect and see the queen as their monarch....those who takes their OATH of ALLEGIANCE quite seriously.

There, we're talking "oaths"....that should be up your alley. biggrin.png

And what about this statement?

msj

No, the problem is that people like you who have never taken a professional oath in your life, who is completely ignorant as to what it means to take such an oath and to conduct oneself as a professional, who thinks that we professionals can just fall back and use typical excuses that ordinary people get away with.

http://www.mapleleaf...ic=22077&st=135http://www.mapleleaf...ic=22077&st=135

People who'd never taken a professional oath are not only completely ignorant....but are also "ordinary" people. I guess when we compare it to your ego, everyone becomes so ordinary! ha-ha-ha!laugh.png

msj

I have reported 681,412 in all.

Well....I wouldn't have brought this up, but these insults-laden statements came from someone who seems to be very

report-happy! laugh.png

I guess you must be our official self-appointed resident "rat." laugh.pnglaugh.png

Edited by betsy

Betsy, I have reported you for, once again, cross posting.

If you think I have insulted you or another member then report it.

I don't easily go for the button. Maybe when I'm having a really, really bad hair day.....then, maybe?smile.png

Edited by betsy

It's just her way to provoke msj.

Well there are times to post in public, in short, when you want to try to sway public opinion to your side - but these cases should be reserved for incidences when the administration seems complicit. PMing a mod to say "so and so is doing bad, please stop them" has a good chance of working, while if a mod is not doing what you feel their duties are... well lets just say, go up to anyone in any job and tell them you want them to "start doing (their) job properly" and see how well that works for you.

I've posted threads like this, but only when I feel the admins are ignoring an issue and that IMHO putting some pressure on them will get the problem resolved. Otherwise I go straight to the admins.

That guy msj is the one who got me suspended, and then afterward made taunting posts about me to which I did not respond. I reported it to the mods but never heard a thing back from them.

He is the type who will make provocative, jeering statements and then if you try to have fun with him, he will immediately report you.

In a few of the threads I pointed out to the mods, he swoops in, says something off topic, usually in my case or with Betsy it's about insulting someones religion. Then he waits for someone to make a response. so he can make his move. I call that TROLLING.

That guy msj is the one who got me suspended, and then afterward made taunting posts about me to which I did not respond. I reported it to the mods but never heard a thing back from them.

He is the type who will make provocative, jeering statements and then if you try to have fun with him, he will immediately report you.

In a few of the threads I pointed out to the mods, he swoops in, says something off topic, usually in my case or with Betsy it's about insulting someones religion. Then he waits for someone to make a response. so he can make his move. I call that TROLLING.

See now THAT is a good reason for a public-calling-someone-out thread.

I really do not know why this is so hard for people to understand: if you do not want to get suspended then you do not write certain things.

Wishing I was dead was most certainly worth some kind of suspension and you have no one to blame but yourself.

And you know this how?

You have no idea how much or how little I have actually reported people.

In a few of the threads I pointed out to the mods,

Funny this. Seems like I had no idea how much you report people either...

he swoops in, says something off topic, usually in my case or with Betsy it's about insulting someones religion. Then he waits for someone to make a response. so he can make his move. I call that TROLLING.

Then report me for crying out loud.

If what I say is insulting or is off topic then go ahead and report me.

Of go into that topic and explain to me how my post is off topic or show me where I have made an insult.

By all means - educate me.

See now THAT is a good reason for a public-calling-someone-out thread.

Yep, it would be if he could back it up with some substance.

Yes, I did make a joke in poor taste to Manny recently and received a warning point for it (rightfully so and I am not whining about that - I should not have written my bad joke and take full responsibility for it). There is substance to that.

But the other stuff really comes down to Manny disagreeing with what I have to say which is not the same thing as trolling or doing the other things he accuses me of doing.