Cost of being in Afghanistan

Topaz

http://news.national...of-900-arrests/ (mentions the billion spent on the summit), and has the number of police at about 20,000.

http://toronto.ctvne...rrests-1.527218 mentions more police were sent in making the number 20,000.

I can't find information googling on the number of protestors. I remember a news report on the cbc national back at the time, which said that there were about 3 times as many police as there were protestors. The only info I can find regarding the number of protestors present is on wikipedia, which says that at its peak there were about 10,000 protestors. So at the peak, the ratio was 2-1. I'm guessing that off peak, with a number around 7000 that would be about 3-1.

http://en.wikipedia....summit_protests

Either way even if there were twice as many police to protestors when the protestors were at their peak that is ridiculous!

That is how things are done right, don't wait till it is out of control before you bring in the police. Sound like you are the type that is pissed off ,because they ruined your day of destruction in the streets.

This war of Harper's has too high of a price in money and in blood and nothing really came out of it.

All harper did was give the troops the best possible equiptment to help keep them alive ,where the liberals sent them over with that stupid little jeep, that if you ran over a ground hog, it would be a write off.

You start killing people it is a whole new game.

Serious people take people serious.

Jokers don't give a damn.

Killing people to manipulate others is just bad karma, you probably don't need the people you would let live anyway. Finish them is what serious people would call for. The jokers just use humans like puppets and wonder why they see off white on the ground.

You will not make people better citizens by killing their family and friends. If you think that it willl smack yourself a few times and try again.

War isn't about reforming bad apples, it is about making apple juice.

Edited by login

Signals Corporal, Toronto is not Afghanistan, it doesn't deserve a billion dollars and twice as many police active as protestors, lets be real here. There is no way to justify that.

Thats argument would have made sence if there was no violence in the streets of Toronto but saying this BS after the violence we saw makes me laugh. You are saying we did not need as much police because the protestors were so peaceful? Were you here during the G20?