Olympics 2012 in London

That DQ for team Canada in the 4x100m put a really bad taste in my mouth regarding these Olympics.

It sucked but the runners all know the rule. Afterwards the CDN guy said yup, I goofed. Thats all I needed to hear and in the interest of fair sportsmanship, good for him to come and say that.

I'll still watch the closing ceremonies tomorrow but it seems like the Officials had it in for Canada in these Olympics.

I doubt , even for a nano-second, that this is even a remote possibility.

The closing I thoroughly enjoyed.

Maybe Ray Davies is a bit out of it, but the rest was a blast, inclusing the Spice Girls.

I have a new appreciation for the girl Jessie J ......oh my, she can sing.

For our Yank viewers, I understand that NBC bleeped 'shit' from the Monty Python sketch ? Shame....shouldnt have done that.

Is it true the closing was interrupted and NBC went to a sticom and came back to the rest of the closing? Oh man.....I sure hope not.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw that soccer-match between Canada and the USA and I agree that it was a gross miscarriage of justice.

and the americans think it was one of their proudest moments of the games :rolleyes::lol: ...a travesty of officiating the game was stolen from us...just as canada stole the following bronze medal game from the french, the difference being canada did it without the officials help that's just how the game played out the the french couldn't score and canada did, but it was done honestly...

It sucked but the runners all know the rule. Afterwards the CDN guy said yup, I goofed. Thats all I needed to hear and in the interest of fair sportsmanship, good for him to come and say that.

track is the least subjective of sports, he stepped on line shortened the distance the team ran by a few millimeters but in event where the difference between winning and losing is measured in fractions of second millimeters matter...it was the right call...
The closing I thoroughly enjoyed.

I was very unimpressed/disappointed with the ceremonies...I expected much better...

track is the least subjective of sports, he stepped on line shortened the distance the team ran by a few millimeters but in event where the difference between winning and losing is measured in fractions of second millimeters matter...it was the right call...

It is the rule and he had to be called on it, but I would hardly call it the right call. Even the Jamaican commentator in an interview said that it was an "unduly harsh rule" and that a team ought only be disqualified if a runner steps over the line, not merely on it.

It is the rule and he had to be called on it, but I would hardly call it the right call. Even the Jamaican commentator in an interview said that it was an "unduly harsh rule" and that a team ought only be disqualified if a runner steps over the line, not merely on it.

ya but those are the rules...if you start letting people step on the line then there is the possibility he interferes with the runner in the other lane...if he can step on the line and not over then staying off the line is no more difficult...

it was a tough decision but not even the canadian team is arguing against it...

Guest American Woman

and the americans think it was one of their proudest moments of the games :rolleyes::lol: ..

Really? Good to know, because I thought one of the proudest moments of the Games was winning the most medals, including the most Golds. ;)