Gay Pride OR Anti Israeli rally?

I am all for gay pride as long as it is done in a tasteful manner with participants adhering to all of our laws. Gays should indeed to treated the same as straight people.

I still don't understand what being proudly antisemitic has to do with being proud of being gay? Maybe someone could shed some light on this for me...I'd greatly appreciate it. The message they spout may be anti Israel but the slogans they shout during the pride event are clearly anti semitic.

Every year we tape events down at pride and pass them along to the powers that be with good results. The heat has been turned up on pride the last few years and it's in part because of the efforts of our group and others like us who have been working hard to ensure that the letter of the law is followed and we don't have public sexual displays in the streets with children present. I'll never forget the blatant hand jobs and pinching of one slender mans penis by another bigger hairier man.

The QaIa can say whatever they want about their message but we have actual video footage of the parade and it is wildly antisemitic ewith racial anti Jewish slurs being yelled by the crowd. What does this have to with being proudly gay or fighting for gay rights?

It would be unacceptable to shout anti black slogans or anti Asian slogans or anti Muslim slogans so why should we tolerate anti Jewish slogans being yelled by a mob?

My uncle whom is Jewish left this country many years ago to live in the US for exactly this reason. Canada is an unfriendly place for Jewish people. I don't know why so many gay people are supporting this blatant racism, it's appalling to me but again these are people who find amusement in public penis pinching after all so who knows.

Edited by Mr.Canada

The QaIa can say whatever they want about their message but we have actual video footage of the parade and it is wildly antisemitic ewith racial anti Jewish slurs being yelled by the crowd. What does this have to with being proudly gay or fighting for gay rights?

Are you saying that the Gay Pride Parade is actually a front for an anti-Semitic movement? :ph34r:

Edited by Melanie_

Are you saying that the Gay Pride Parade is actually a front for an anti-Semetic movement? :ph34r:

No ofc not. What I'm saying is that Pride has allowed itself to be infiltrated by people who seemingly don't care about all that Pride has built and is intent on destroying its already tarnished reputation by including anti Semitic messages in their chants.

I think Gay Pride is Gay Pride. After all they call Gay Pride Gay Pride because it's full of Gay Pride. People are there to celebrate Gay Pride and watch Gay Pride. In general, Gay Pride supports Gay Pride and Gay Pride related causes. Gay Pride has always been pro-Gay Pride and supportive of Gay Pride. I won't doubt that there are those who partake in Gay Pride who support other non-Gay Pride causes. In fact, Gay Pride is full of causes not directly related to Gay Pride. One of those small causes is Anti-Israel. Gay Pride however is Gay Pride, supporting Gay Pride of Gay Pride for Gay Pride. Gay Pride is not an Anti-Israel rally.

I hope that clears things up.

I think Gay Pride is Gay Pride. After all they call Gay Pride Gay Pride because it's full of Gay Pride. People are there to celebrate Gay Pride and watch Gay Pride. In general, Gay Pride supports Gay Pride and Gay Pride related causes. Gay Pride has always been pro-Gay Pride and supportive of Gay Pride. I won't doubt that there are those who partake in Gay Pride who support other non-Gay Pride causes. In fact, Gay Pride is full of causes not directly related to Gay Pride. One of those small causes is Anti-Israel. Gay Pride however is Gay Pride, supporting Gay Pride of Gay Pride for Gay Pride. Gay Pride is not an Anti-Israel rally.

I hope that clears things up.

Could you include more words like Gay Pride please? Anti whatever is fine. The problem I have is when the group is shouting blatantly anti Jewish type slogans. Should these groups get a free pass because they are gay groups and not a white nationalist group? If some white group was spouting the same things as this QAIA group is people would be condemning them but since it's a gay group it is tolerated. Blatant double standard.

Edited by Mr.Canada

No ofc not. What I'm saying is that Pride has allowed itself to be infiltrated by people who seemingly don't care about all that Pride has built and is intent on destroying its already tarnished reputation by including anti Semitic messages in their chants.

Good thing you were there hoping to get some footage of hot male on male action and instead were able to witness racial slurs. I'm sure the authorities will be happy to review the tape, and appropriate action will be taken.

Could you include more words like Gay Pride please? Anti whatever is fine. The problem I have is when the group is shouting blatantly anti Jewish/ pro nazi type slogans. Should these groups get a free pass because they are gay groups and not a white nationalist group? If some white group was spouting the same things as this QAIA group is people would be condemning them but since it's a gay group it is tolerated. Blatant double standard.

What are some examples of the slogans they shout?

Many people consider them to be anti-semitic because they use the term Israeli Apartheid. But them many people say any criticism of Israel is anti-semitic. Apparently a good proportion of these QAIA people are Jews. So are they being anti Jewish or anti Israel policies?

Good thing you were there hoping to get some footage of hot male on male action and instead were able to witness racial slurs. I'm sure the authorities will be happy to review the tape, and appropriate action will be taken.

:lol:

Mr.C has a long history of filming those disgusting public sex acts by gays at the Pride parade...

Get him to discuss the issue of "flying ejaculate" from a few years ago...

We like for the citizens taking part in Pride to follow the law. We don't want sex acts being performed in front of our children. We don't want racist slogans being shouted around them either. I think these are reasonable expectations of a group wishing to appear family friendly.

Yes, we do go down to pride armed to the teeth and with video cameras in tow to ensure that we can document these events in a professional manner.

On a side note I think mayor Ford has made his point about Gay Pride and I feel he should attend next year as he is the Mayor for all people of Toronto.

Edited by Mr.Canada

Once again, I am both sad and amazed at the reaction of many to such reports.

You ARE displaying a double standard!

Who gives a damn if they are gay? If any group allows itself to be used as a forum for hate the fact that its main message is for some minority group is no excuse for not bothering to take action.

Years ago when the Reform Party was new they sometimes discovered racists had taken out membership. When one was discovered they were unceremoniously given the boot! In fact, when one CANDIDATE for election was discovered Preston Manning himself booted him out, leaving no time for an alternate candidate. Reform allowed the riding to pass uncontested. Meanwhile, a similar scandal had broken over a liberal candidate and he was allowed to continue in the race, with the feeble excuse "Well, what can we do? We have no time to replace him!"

Now we have open displays of anti-semitism in Gay Pride parades. Are we supposed to IGNORE racist behavior within its ranks?

Do anti-semites get a free pass because they are gay?

Give yourselves a shake here, people! Wrong is wrong! The organizers of the Gay Pride movement have an obligation to throw such characters out!

How can they expect fair treatment for themselves while allowing bigotry within their own ranks?

We like for the citizens taking part in Pride to follow the law. We don't want sex acts being performed in front of our children. We don't want racist slogans being shouted around them either. I think these are reasonable expectations of a group wishing to appear family friendly.

On a side note I think mayor Ford has made shis point about Gay Pride and I feel he should attend next year as he is the Mayor for all people of Toronto.

Did you take your children to the Parade?

Hre's the thing for me...

I'm not interested in anything "Gay" so I don't go...

I don't see men wearing ballet tutu's then asking society to accept them as normal...

I don't see anti-Semitic sloganeering by people so misinformed that if they knew better,they would realize the people they think they're defending would slit their throats in a New York minute...

And,I don't see any flying ejaculate by Gays Gone Wild in the Streets...And I'm not intersted in the film footage...

Basically,they ain't gettin' gay on me so they can have their little parade and do whatever they want to do...Out of sight/out of mind...

Edited by Jack Weber

Hre's the thing for me...

I'm not interested in anything "Gay" so I don't go...

I don't see men wearing ballet tutu's then asking society to accept them as normal...

I don't see anti-Semitic sloganeering by people so misinformed that if they knew better,they would realize the people they think they're defending would slit their throats in a New York minute...

And,I don't see any flying ejaculate by Gays Gone Wild in the Streets...And I'm not intersted in the film footage...

Basically,they ain't gettin' gay on me so they can have their little parade and do whatever they want to do...Out of sight/out of mind...

so you do have a problem with gays.

“The Pride Parade is not an opportunity to slander one state,” said Anita Bromberg, National Director of Legal Affairs at B’nai Brith, who represented the league at the hearing. She said that there is public concern with the term “apartheid” being used against Israel at the march, which she said is discriminatory and can be perceived as anti-Semitic.

Source

The above is good indicator of how this group is perceived by some Jewish groups in the city. There is no need for this group to use such offensive language as that.

I'm not sure that "Queers Against Israeli Apartheid" is very beneficial to the community as a whole.

Out of curiosity, would any political message be equally welcome at the parade? I'm not saying they are or aren't, I'm asking because I don't know.

For example, if there was a group called "Queers for Trans-Pacific Trade", would they be welcome to march to promote their message?

-k

Source

The above is good indicator of how this group is perceived by some Jewish groups in the city. There is no need for this group to use such offensive language as that.

the only reference to anti-semitism I could find in your link is:

She said that there is public concern with the term “apartheid” being used against Israel at the march, which she said is discriminatory and can be perceived as anti-Semitic.
I think the people that use that term have a point - it may not be exactly the same as South African apartheid, but the Israeli state certainly seems to be creating Palestinian enclaves within Palestine with their settlement policy. I think the greater Israel movement is as racist as the Palestinians who want to drive Israelis into the sea. Neither side can claim the moral high ground, IMO.

Source

Ok, so finally some context. There was a process followed to decide if this group could participate, and in the end it seems they were allowed to do so. I'm sure the people who made this decision would be interested in seeing your video footage, so they can decide how to proceed from here. (I'm confused, though, if it was the QuAIA shouting the anti-Semitic remarks, or if it was the crowd?)

The QaIa can say whatever they want about their message but we have actual video footage of the parade and it is wildly antisemitic ewith racial anti Jewish slurs being yelled by the crowd.

Wild Bill, I agree with you that there are no free passes, but so far Mr. Canada has just stated that there were instances of anti-Semitism, with no actual evidence other than his say-so. What exactly was said?

There have been some media reports, Melanie. Not just for this parade but for the past few. Do you realize you are giving the benefit of the doubt AUTOMATICALLY to the Gay Pride Parade?

If it happened at the Fat Old White Guys Parade, would you have done the same?

If Harper had been accused of such a thing many here would instantly have accepted it as gospel and called for him to be publicly hung!

Double standards are insidious things.

Lots of links if you care to do a google. Here's one:

http://www.haaretz.com/news/anti-israel-group-could-cost-toronto-gay-pride-parade-its-funding-1.284697

"Toronto officials consider pulling city funding over participation of group named 'Queers Against Israeli Apartheid'."

"The municipality's general manager of culture, Mike Williams, told the Toronto Star this week that the city has received complaints following the use of the phrase "Israeli apartheid" at Pride Toronto. T-shirt slogans equating Israel to Nazi Germany were also reported, with some complaints coming from Israel.

He added the complaints pertained to the group Queers Against Israeli Apartheid - or QuAIA - which may have violated the city's anti-discrimination policy in previous parades, and may do so again if allowed to participate this summer. This, he said, would have "very serious" repercussions for organizers."

There's ALL KINDS of reports, Melanie! Hardly a mystery and certainly fact, not just rumour.

There's ALL KINDS of reports, Melanie! Hardly a mystery and certainly fact, not just rumour.

There may be all kinds of reports circulating in Toronto, but this story wasn't a big splash here. Now that a link has been posted I've read it, but still don't see evidence of actual racist comments being made at the Parade. Its Mr. Canada's thread, so it is up to him to show evidence of anti-Semitism at the Parade.