Shooting at the Eaton Centre

'Derek L'... if you were charged with sexual assault... would you be a "violent sex offender"?
if charged with a sexual assault and put into a remand facility, I’d most certainly be treated as a sex offender and put into protective custody, so yes, I could be considered a violent sex offender.

within the judicial system, with you charged with sexual assault, would you be deemed a, "violent sex offender"?

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Derek L

within the judicial system, with you charged with sexual assault, would you be deemed a, "violent sex offender"?

That would rest on the determination of the Judge and/or Crown over the course of my bail hearing, where the inclusion of hearsay is very much part of the process and ultimate determination.

Guest Derek L

are you running low on lube and tissue? :lol:

I’m failing to make the reference……..You speak of the process of our legal system, but you omitted a key process that very much so can discard the presumption of innocence, as such and one would be left to assume based on the Mr Husbands court documents being sealed, the Judge/Crown ultimately scored an own goal at the expense of seven people.

I’m failing to make the reference……..You speak of the process of our legal system, but you omitted a key process that very much so can discard the presumption of innocence, as such and one would be left to assume based on the Mr Husbands court documents being sealed, the Judge/Crown ultimately scored an own goal at the expense of seven people.

your bafflegab is irrelevant... the guy was charged with sexual assault - charged, only. You've acknowledged as much. He, quite obviously, was not convicted. You see fit to equate an accusation to being an offender, to being, as you stated, a "violent sex offender". You have no foundation to state as much... the judicial system has provided you no foundation to state as much. You do so only to fuel your agenda.

I won't waste any more time with you... I'll leave you with your lube & tissue.

Ive asked this question to several other posters, how many Canadians die a year from:

-Recreational/substance drug/alcohol abuse/use?

-Smoking?

- The side effects of Fast Foods/obesity?

-Car accidents?

-Firearms?

So you don't think we should be involved in some overblown (in fact, fallacious) "War on Terror"?

Good man.

;)

Edited by bleeding heart

Guest Derek L

So you don't think we should be involved in some overblown (in fact, fallacious) "War on Terror"?

Good man.

;)

Yes and no……….Quite clearly, the negative aspects in which you infer are results of nation building in both Iraq and Afghanistan…….Lots people injured and killed, and a King’s ransom spent. Clearly such actions will no longer be viable for any elected Government in the near future……..You’ll see further Libya’s though, or in other words, the doctrine of Gun Boat Diplomacy reborn.

Yes and no……….Quite clearly, the negative aspects in which you infer are results of nation building in both Iraq and Afghanistan…….Lots people injured and killed, and a King’s ransom spent. Clearly such actions will no longer be viable for any elected Government in the near future……..You’ll see further Libya’s though, or in other words, the doctrine of Gun Boat Diplomacy reborn.

It's proper you should use the term, as it derives from the Imperial practice of demanding superior Trade concessions and the like from weaker powers...through the use of violence. It's gangsterism, to put it bluntly.

Guest Derek L

It's proper you should use the term, as it derives from the Imperial practice of demanding superior Trade concessions and the like from weaker powers...through the use of violence. It's gangsterism, to put it bluntly.

Perhaps, but over the centuries it has proven effective as opposed to “Nation Building“. [see Libya]

piss off... no one is defending him.

like I said, whenever you're cornered you trot out your silly buggar act. Perhaps you could qualify a distinction between your use of the words "violent sex offender" and... now (as you backpedal, furiously), "convicted sex offender"? What's your silly buggar act distinction between the two phrases, hey? In what 'Derek L' world do you equate "charged" with your use/designation of the phrase "violent sex offender"?

Why on earth do you care? Are you offended anyone would dare to insult a man who, by his record, is the definition of the term 'vermin'?

the shame is your sham! Answer the questions... is there a reason you keep avoiding these questions? Is there a... problem? Do you have a... problem?

Oh God. Dry up and blow away. Please! :rolleyes:

Nope.

Presumption of innocence is there until found guilty or convicted of the charge(s)

The state has to make a presumption of innocence. There is absolutely no requirement anyone else does.

Why on earth do you care? Are you offended anyone would dare to insult a man who, by his record, is the definition of the term 'vermin'?

why on earth do you care that I care... that a fundamental tenet of our judicial system is understood, recognized and respected?

Is everyone, including political parties innocent until proven guilty or is this just for your select causes?

cry me a Harper Conservative robo-call river, hey? I understand there is a MLW thread on that very subject... perhaps you should try and make your case... there.

cry me a Harper Conservative robo-call river, hey? I understand there is a MLW thread on that very subject... perhaps you should try and make your case... there.

I'm trying to determine if these are your core values beliefs as a person, or if they are your values and beliefs just for today. If you argue that something is wrong, and then engage in the same activity you just denounced what does that make you? My issue is not to argue innocence or guilt for the government, I just want to know if you believe what you say or if you switch your values depending on the person you are arguing against and the topic at hand.

Guest Derek L

Nope.

Presumption of innocence is there until found guilty or convicted of the charge(s)

You care to take a crack on how a bail hearing is conducted within our legal system?

why on earth do you care that I care... that a fundamental tenet of our judicial system is understood, recognized and respected?

This might come as a shock to you, but MLW is NOT a part of our judicial system.