Breakup of Canada... or the Breakup of Quebec

Sold my condos months ago... Toronto is a stink fist festering on a bubble... My house is in Milton. Moving my business to Alberta as of last week. Enjoy the cesspool. You can not make money in Toronto. Adios suckers. Toronto is dragging Ontario down FAST! Kill off city council and keep Ford... He's great only hope.... Not like I give a crappie anymore!

When you pay the bills, you call the shots.

Assuming you live in Ontario, you really want to live where there isn't any money? (If TO left)

You can not make money in Toronto.

Hmm....Im doing just fine thanks. Probably my biggest year.

Plenty of people making huge dough. You....not so much.

Toronto is dragging Ontario down FAST!

Yes, dragging it down by paying the bills for the province.

:lol: Thanks for the laughs !

All those tall bank towers pay corporate taxes. Their workers pay income taxes. Ontario and especially Canada (which charges higher rates than Ontario) benefit from this.

The City of Toronto levies no income or corporate taxes.

Of course, Toronto cannot levy income taxes because they have no taxation authority beyond property tax and user fees.

They have been blubbering and whining for years that they need the same taxation powers that the province and federal govts have now. Nothing prevents them from rasing as much as they like through existing taxation powers except political cowardice.

I guess that Canadians must have always considered Vancouver as an extremely remote city but once the world economic power shifts to the Pacific-rim region the very concept of remoteness will have to be redefined.

Of course, Toronto cannot levy income taxes because they have no taxation authority beyond property tax and user fees.

They have been blubbering and whining for years that they need the same taxation powers that the province and federal govts have now. Nothing prevents them from rasing as much as they like through existing taxation powers except political cowardice.

Property taxes don't care about income. Your comment is just plain misleading because it presumes it does.

If Ontario was it's own country, it would be in surplus this year.

If Toronto was it's own country, we could reduce sales taxes to 0, and, still be in surplus, this year.

That's how much we contribute to Canada in corporate and income taxes. In return they insult us.

Toronto has gotten so self-centred and introverted these past years that it should really be considered its own PLANET! ;)