The official, what’s your favourite and my wife won’t let me get this

Guest Derek L

Guest Derek L

Of course, the Zombie Apocalypse. I mean...what else??

:lol:

I still love the Lee-Enfield...but, the bolts can get pretty sloppy with time. Need a fired once dropped once from Singapore or something.

I have several different marks of the Lee Enfield and have never had a problem with the bolt……It’s as smooth as snakes on glass……….My father has one in "original used condition" with teeth marks in the butt ;)

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have several different marks of the Lee Enfield and have never had a problem with the bolt……It’s as smooth as snakes on glass……….My father has one in "original used condition" with teeth marks in the butt ;)

Could be all the ones I've fired were getting wored out! Accurate, none the less. The Bren, too. No wonder they suggested wiggling the Bren when you fired it to increase the cone spread. Otherwise there would just be one big hole in the target.

Just for debate....why do you guys have guns? Do you feel you NEED them? Do you think someone out to do you harm, don't trust the Feds, what? Do you like the power of shooting one? Do you like to kill things? Don't like my questions, just trying to understand why people, mostly men need guns.

Just for debate....why do you guys have guns? Do you feel you NEED them? Do you think someone out to do you harm, don't trust the Feds, what? Do you like the power of shooting one? Do you like to kill things? Don't like my questions, just trying to understand why people, mostly men need guns.

City slickers...lol.

Guest Derek L

Could be all the ones I've fired were getting wored out! Accurate, none the less. The Bren, too. No wonder they suggested wiggling the Bren when you fired it to increase the cone spread. Otherwise there would just be one big hole in the target.

Indeed, in my opinion, the AK-47 & Lee Enfield no 4 are the most successful rifles ever produced……..I wouldn’t doubt the one you fired was well used ;)

Guest Derek L

Why I have guns? Namely for sport and as a hobby……..As for need, I liken it to fire insurance: Hopefully I never need it, but if circumstances arise and I do, better to have it then not.

As for “killing things”, certainly, I go deer, moose and turkey hunting every year………Mmmm tasty.

As for men mostly having guns, though perhaps correct a few decades ago, that trend is rapidly equalling out…….My wife has a Beretta 92 and a Smith & Wesson Military and Police 9mm……..My daughter a Ruger 10/22 and a Remington 870 20 gauge…….Even my mother in her 70s still goes trap shooting with my father………

Indeed, in my opinion, the AK-47 & Lee Enfield no 4 are the most successful rifles ever produced……..I wouldn’t doubt the one you fired was well used ;)

There's an insane number of just Russian made AK-47s. If you add all the other copies and such it's truely mind boggling. If that gun didn't exist, we'd be down a few major wars, me thinks.

Guest Derek L

There's an insane number of just Russian made AK-47s. If you add all the other copies and such it's truely mind boggling. If that gun didn't exist, we'd be down a few major wars, me thinks.

And over 17 million Lee Enfield’s…..If that gun didn’t exist, we’d likely be speaking German.

Guest Derek L

You see a lot of copies of this for collectors mainly. But looks like a few still make their way into combat. High cyclic rate, eh? 900 rpm or something like that. Crap after 100m.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lq63GlFiCKE

Probably a captured weapon…..maybe even a Iranian or Chinese knock-off……..Even NATO Special Forces units deployed in Iraq and Afghanistan were equipped with AK-47s…..Namely two reasons, lots of ammo laying around and the distinct sound versus most western arms……..That big gas piston made of Commie steel sure makes a unique sound.

Guest Derek L

Eight million for the M-16 family...who supplies the planet, eh?

Indeed…..I’d love a semi-auto AK-47.……Not in the cards in Canada though…..thems too scary looking

I don't give a shite about guns but...

I would like new Triumph Thruxton bike and I was told that "we" really don't want one of those,do "we"?

I would also like a nice new Dodge Hemi Challenger...And "we" got the same response...

:huh::(

CCCCCRRRRRRAAAAAAPPPPPP!!!!

Guest Derek L

I don't give a shite about guns but...

I would like new Triumph Thruxton bike and I was told that "we" really don't want one of those,do "we"?

I would also like a nice new Dodge Hemi Challenger...And "we" got the same response...

:huh::(

CCCCCRRRRRRAAAAAAPPPPPP!!!!

Yup, “we” don’t practice Democracy and the King is a mere figurehead when the Queen brings in more of the money………Little does the Queen know, the King (with the aide of his loyal subjects) pays cash and is sneakier than Oliver North :ph34r:

Yup, we dont practice Democracy and the King is a mere figurehead when the Queen brings in more of the money………Little does the Queen know, the King (with the aide of his loyal subjects) pays cash and is sneakier than Oliver North :ph34r:

The problem with that is that "The Queen" doesn't bring in more money...

But she has alot of shoes and a closet full of clothes...

If the Queen can have an Imelda Marcosesque collection shoes (WTF is up with the female shoe fetish,by the way?),I think it's only fair that The King be able to have some toys for himself...

Edited by Jack Weber

Guest Derek L

The problem with that is that "The Queen" doesn't bring in more money...

But she has alot of shoes and a closet full of clothes...

If the Queen can have an Imelda Marcosesque collection shoes (WTF is up with the female shoe fetish,by the way?),I think it's only fair that The King be able to have some toys for himself...

Doesn’t the King have banked Anniversary/Birthday/Father’s Day credit? This is worth more than gold, and very useful in extreme circumstances, but can only be used occasionally……The Queens adapt to Bullshit faster then the Borg……

Doesn’t the King have banked Anniversary/Birthday/Father’s Day credit? This is worth more than gold, and very useful in extreme circumstances, but can only be used occasionally……The Queens adapt to Bullshit faster then the Borg……

You would think so...

Unfortunately "resistance is (apparently) futile"...

I think I might just get one thos things anyway and let the chips fall where they may.If the proverbial Royal Candy Store becomes closed,I can always point out that chicks dig cool cars and there are other "Candy Stores"...

Guest Derek L

You would think so...

Unfortunately "resistance is (apparently) futile"...

I think I might just get one thos things anyway and let the chips fall where they may.If the proverbial Royal Candy Store becomes closed,I can always point out that chicks dig cool cars and there are other "Candy Stores"...

A dangerous strategy…….Scorched Earth should only be used as last resort. :o

Guest Derek L

Yeah...Good thing I was thinking out loud here...

Of course...Payback might be to secretly take 1 pair of shoes a month and give them to the 2nd hand store in town...

Hmmm...

Are you proposing an insurgency? Another out loud thought I hope, wives Queens aren’t bound to the same niceties that Western Democracies are when dealing with uprisings…………. :unsure:

Edited by Derek L

Are you proposing an insurgency? Another out loud thought I hope, wives Queens aren’t bound to the same niceties that Western Democracies are when dealing with uprisings…………. :unsure:

A stealthy insurgency...

I've actually done this before to great effect!!!

There's always the 72nd pair of shoes that seems to be forgotten...

Guest Derek L

A stealthy insurgency...

I've actually done this before to great effect!!!

There's always the 72nd pair of shoes that seems to be forgotten...

A stealthy insurgency? I tried that once with smoking……Didn’t go over too well….