Tory MP tells high schoolers they should carry guns

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Derek L

Are you referring to the crime of suicide in that article?

Did he shoot himself with an illegal semi-auto?

I dunno, ask the guy he shot before doing himself in.....

What about these crimes:

Two men in hospital after shooting in downtown Vancouver

Two shootings keep Surrey RCMP busy

Charges laid in weekend homicide in Surrey

Notice, these examples were from this month alone……I could continue.

I don't understand where you're going with this. Are you implying that StatsCanada fudged their numbers?

Guest Derek L

I love how you respond to aggregate data with particular incidents. Good job. That's like saying there's zero unemployment because I know 4 people that have jobs.

I fail to see your point……Clearly I outlined several examples of “gun crime” within the lower mainland this month…….All the well, still holding the position that is something that doesn’t cause a loss of sleep…….

Prior to continuing, do you even know what a semi auto is?

Guest Derek L

I don't understand where you're going with this. Are you implying that StatsCanada fudged their numbers?

I'm not implying anything, I'm quite clearly providing evidence that crimes committed with firearms have happened this month in the Lower Mainland......Are you suggesting that these news reports are fake?

Guest Derek L

Yes and it's completely irrelevant to the conversation.

Now, prior to continuing do you understand the difference between aggregate statistics and anecdotal evidence?

Sure I do......And?

Guest Derek L

And, then I guess you see why your news articles mean shit in light of the information provided by stopstaaron.

No, I don't.....care to explain?

Or would you suggest that by using aggregate statistics, one could determine the likelihood of being directly effected by such a crime? Now, with said data, could one also deduce that effecting ones own sleep pattern is not warranted?

I'm not implying anything, I'm quite clearly providing evidence that crimes committed with firearms have happened this month in the Lower Mainland......Are you suggesting that these news reports are fake?

I supported my assessment with facts and you support yours with 3 stories in the last month

fine, this is all from March and took me a minute

Multiple Stabbing at Vancouver’s Cobalt Hotel

Vancouver cops seek man for stabbing a 73-year-old woman

Downtown Eastside Stabbing

Surrey BC stabbing

Guest Derek L

Did you have a point when you first did it?

Care to explain about the finer points of it?

I forgot……by your own admission, you’ve never handled a.......gun ;)

Care to explain about the finer points of it?

I forgot……by your own admission, you’ve never handled a.......gun ;)

You posted 3 stories about gun violence in the past month in the west coast area of BC, I provided 4 stories of knife violence on the west coast area of BC in March ... I provided stats by StatsCanada showing knife violence in Canada is the highest form of violence in Canada (yes, way more than gun violence) .. proving my point before that point where I said knives are used more frequently in assaults than guns (which you claimed to be a strong statement)

this was all because you assumed the people whom would rob you by using a gun .. which I then made the correct claim by claiming they would more likely have a knife than a gun.. which you disagreed with

all caught up now?

Guest Derek L

You posted 3 stories about gun violence in the past month in the west coast area of BC, I provided 4 stories of knife violence on the west coast area of BC in March ... I provided stats by StatsCanada showing knife violence in Canada is the highest form of violence in Canada (yes, way more than gun violence) .. proving my point before that point where I said knives are used more frequently in assaults than guns (which you claimed to be a strong statement)

this was all because you assumed the people whom would rob you by using a gun .. which I then made the correct claim by claiming they would more likely have a knife than a gun.. which you disagreed with

all caught up now?

My Reference to a “strong charge” was in response to your assertion that I “wanna shoot somebody”......clearly Trollish behaviour on your part:

That’s a rather strong charge, and no, I don’t want to “shoot someone”, nor do I wish someone in my home without my say……..none the least, and if your thugs, in this scenario, broke into my home with only knives or pepper spray, on hearing the universal sound of a racking 870, after shitting themselves, they’d likely bugger off.

Guest Derek L

Sure it was, Derek you were shown up by me of all people, that can't feel good, so I'll let you rest in peace

“Shown up” where? Care to demonstrate in which posts I attempted to refute your “claim”?

“Shown up” where? Care to demonstrate in which posts I attempted to refute your “claim”?

I said

"We have a lot more knife crimes than we do gun crimes

all you wanna do is shoot somebody"

Then you said

"That’s a rather strong charge, and no, I don’t want to “shoot someone”

Now stay with me here Derek

My first comment was

"We have a lot more knife crimes than we do gun crimes"

My second comment was

All you wanna do is shoot somebody

Your first comment was

"That's a rather strong charge"

Your second comment was

"and no, I don't want to "shoot someone"

Your first comment was directed at my first comment, your second comment was

directed at my second comment

Unless you're replied to my comments in the wrong order Derek but are you really

that disorganized? no, you're not

You can't save face by claiming " That's a strong charge" was meant for my comment

" You just wanna shoot somebody"

you can't bulls*** a bullshi**er Derek