These stories MUST be told!

Guest Manny

This is a video about a veteran coming across NAZI concentration camp for the first time and how it affected his life...

It's a moving story,but,I fail to see your point?

Perhaps elucidating said point might help?

I didn't click it, as usual but from your description I think I get tilter's point. Ahmadinejad denies the holocaust?

I didn't click it, as usual but from your description I think I get tilter's point. Ahmadinejad denies the holocaust?

If it's that there's a certain,and extremely violent,element within Islam that seems to have NAZIlike leanings then Tilter's right...

Not really Federal Poltics,though...

This is a video about a veteran coming across NAZI concentration camp for the first time and how it affected his life...

It's a moving story,but,I fail to see your point?

Perhaps elucidating said point might help?

Jack--- the radical Islamic population is determined to have the uneducated of the world believe hat the Holocaust is a matter of fiction.

It's not, that's my point.

Jack--- the radical Islamic population is determined to have the uneducated of the world believe hat the Holocaust is a matter of fiction.

It's not, that's my point.

Fair enough...NAZI's/Islamic Holocaust deniers/Grand Mufti disciples are all the same,really...

However,this really belongs in International Politics...

Agreed...Of course...

What if those types acquire The Bomb?

Well, that don't sound so good, I agree.

But most American and Israeli officials are saying it's not an immediate threat (though contradicted by a few political figures) so the political blowharding of the "bomb Iran" types seems a bit premature.

Edited by bleeding heart

Define "most American and Israeli officials..."?

Recent assessments by American spy agencies are broadly consistent with a 2007 intelligence finding that concluded that Iran had abandoned its nuclear weapons program years earlier, according to current and former American officials. The officials said that assessment was largely reaffirmed in a 2010 National Intelligence Estimate, and that it remains the consensus view of America’s 16 intelligence agencies.

In Senate testimony on Jan. 31, James R. Clapper Jr., the director of national intelligence, stated explicitly that American officials believe that Iran is preserving its options for a nuclear weapon, but said there was no evidence that it had made a decision on making a concerted push to build a weapon. David H. Petraeus, the C.I.A. director, concurred with that view at the same hearing. Other senior United States officials, including Defense Secretary Leon E. Panetta and Gen. Martin E. Dempsey, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, have made similar statements in recent television appearances.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/25/world/middleeast/us-agencies-see-no-move-by-iran-to-build-a-bomb.html

The report further quoted one former senior American intelligence official who states that the Mossad “does not disagree with the U.S. on the weapons program,” adding that there is “not a lot of dispute between the U.S. and Israeli intelligence communities on the facts.”

http://www.haaretz.com/news/diplomacy-defense/mossad-cia-agree-iran-has-yet-to-decide-to-build-nuclear-weapon-1.419300

If it's that there's a certain,and extremely violent,element within Islam that seems to have NAZIlike leanings then Tilter's right...

Not really Federal Poltics,though...

Well, to the extent that the Governments have historically appeased this violent element it certainly does belong in Federal politics. We shouldn't have to listen to this BS that the Holocaust didn't happen, that Zionism = Atrocities, etc.

Why does the OP call out Muslims ?

I don't see anything in this that justifies such a call-out.

These days they are the major Holocaust deniers. Now I don't think Holocaust denial ought to be a crime. It should suffer opprobrium, however.

I was happy to see Holocaust denier Ernst Zundel spending time in jail.

I don't know what his "security certificate" was based upon. If his jailing was based upon holocaust denial it was flat out wrong. I am, as most know, a proud Jew. I do not want free speech suppressed on behalf of the Jews.

So why not just call out deniers in general, rather than calling out a religion as if that's to blame for this phenomenon ?

Currently, denialism goes hand in hand with radical Islam.

I don't know what his "security certificate" was based upon. If his jailing was based upon holocaust denial it was flat out wrong. I am, as most know, a proud Jew. I do not want free speech suppressed on behalf of the Jews.

I never understood what the actual crime was either. You don't want those kinds of people underground anyway, you want it right out in the open so you know who to avoid.

Besides, the books he published are still available, some of them are even carried on Amazon. Why is that OK?

Have you ever noticed how easily you float between "radical Islam" and "Muslims"?

yes, yes he does float quite easily, quite readily. But really, echoing the earlier expressed point... the OP calling out a particular segment of particular followers of a religion, as if they were the sole "non-believers", is the most telling point of this thread. Notwithstanding there's no suggestion of the degree of said "non-believing".

Have you ever noticed how easily you float between "radical Islam" and "Muslims"?

Listen, Waldo and yourself know exactly what I mean.

I never understood what the actual crime was either. You don't want those kinds of people underground anyway, you want it right out in the open so you know who to avoid.

Besides, the books he published are still available, some of them are even carried on Amazon. Why is that OK?

If there is a question about this ----- where are the so-called "moderate" Muslims? They are spoken about a lot but the only time we hear from that mythical group is after a horrendous massacre by the "Radicals".

Why don't we hear from them BEFORE these incidents?--- it would prevent them.