Charlie Angus - A Parliamentary Bottom Feeder

Guest peterb

Guest peterb

In the article

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/ottawa-notebook/after-closed-door-debate-mps-call-vikileaks-perpetrator-on-carpet/article2364366/

"Mr. Angus told the committee he had not read what was published on Vikileaks and he has no interest in going through the sordid details of Mr. Toews personal life. But, he said, if Mr. Carroll testifies, it will be incumbent upon the committee members to go through the tweets to assess their veracity."

Anybody with the IQ that matches his shoe size, can see through Charlie Angus, who spends most of his time on slurs, gossip and unfounded accusations, rather than looking after his constituents in Attawapiskat ,who were neglected for years before conditions became a real crisis, is operating true to form once again. For what it is worth, nobody is fooled by this insincere pronouncement, he may say that "he has no interest in going through the tweets" but obviously the remainder of his NDP caucus and NDP Premier Sellinger and a NDP policy analyst Thomas Linner, who is paid by the Manitoba taxpayer, wanted to know all the sordid details and spread them to the public as it was Thomas Linner who was sent to search out the details in the court records. Angus is now giving a backhanded threat to the committee that they will have to "go through the tweets to prove their veracity" - who is questioning the veracity - no one. In my opinion and I suggest most Canadians Charlie Angus machinations are fooling no one, and I am glad Gloria, that you exposed this politician for the bottom feeder he is, and he is naive and simple enough to not realize there are dozens of NDP politicians,who have also gone through divorce proceedings, and this is a game that any political party can play, if they want to carry political debate to a barnyard level.

Every opposition MP read the tweets, if they tell you otherwise they are lying, but this really is not a story

Nothing illegal was done here, this is just nasty, hypocritical, Vic, trying to get back back at Adam Carroll for confirming everyone's beliefs that Toews is a super piece of sh!t

whom I would give the finger too right now If I saw him

Edited by olpfan1

I rather like watching Charlie in QP. I think the NDP are doing a good job as official opposition party and with many of the experience MPs gone because of the leadership race. Should be very interesting when the rest return to the House.

Charlie Angus is an opportunist. Just a typical NDPer. But nobody should be surprised at that.

You guys are on crack.

Angus is a fantastic debater. Probably the most clever, witty and articulate guy in the house right now.

So clever to let the people live in squalor in Attawapiskat for years before saying a word about it, so clever he did this on purpose so he can come back at a later date to attack the govermnet on it. I thought his job was to the people ,not trying to use them for political points.

So clever to let the people live in squalor in Attawapiskat for years before saying a word about it, so clever he did this on purpose so he can come back at a later date to attack the govermnet on it. I thought his job was to the people ,not trying to use them for political points.

No, he's been going on about Attawapiskat for ages and he's the only reason that Harper is feeling the thorn of first nations in his side. Hell, he's the sole reason that the media was truly buzzing late last year on this issue. He did very well on that file.

Just watch QP.

If anything, the irony of the OP really shows - this guy can silence the entire house when he speaks and thrashes anyone reciting scripts. He pretty much owns Del Mastro, Pierre Poliviere and any other Con he's referring as soon as he stands up.

Edited by mentalfloss

I find Charlie Angus annoying sometimes, but I've always been under the impression he is one of the hardest working MP's for his constituents on the hill. Hasn't he won an award for it?

He has. I'm from Timmins which is the heart of his riding. I voted for him in 2008. I generally like him. He's a nice guy and pretty fun to be around. He is a really hard worker around the whole riding which one has to be when you have a riding the size of France.

He does go a little over the top at times though, which can be annoying. He was very anti-gun registry for a long time before the party whipped the vote to go the anti route. Charlie came close to losing his seat in 2011 and a lot of people in Timmins expected that to happen. It didn't though.

No. He's been speaking out about Attawapiskat for at least five years. Its the media and public who werent paying attention.