The Blue Jays

Boges

I miss the original Comiskey Park...

Did you know that the closest seat to home plate in the upper deck at the new Comiskey Park is farther away than the last seat in the upper deck behind home plate in the old ballpark??

And please don't tell me the Rogers Centre has better sightlines than Comiskey II...

Having said that,many (not all...I like the Cubs too) Cubs fans tend to be either "place" fans or more interested in a party (nothing wrong with that)...Most White Sox fans are hardcore baseball fans....And The Cubs haven't sold out forever...That only happened when they started to be seen regularily on WGN...

Wrigley is far more interesting place to watch a game than US Cellular on any level, leaving baseball aside. The people watching alone is worth the price of admission at Wrigley. I don't root for either team so don't really care who wins when I'm at either park, but the atmosphere at Wrigely and in the whole neighbourhood makes the Sox venue resemble a morgue.

Whats with the invented strawman about the Rogers Centre, another soulless shitty place to watch anything?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's the thing...

The Blue Jays have been playing patsies like Baltimore for the last 10 years,also...The Orioles haven't had a winning season since the last time they were in the play offs...

That was....

wait for it.......

1997!!!

Does anyone think the Orioles are going to be there in the end???

(I hasten to remind you that Toronto has only won 1 out of 6 meetings with Baltimore this year!!!)

The Orioles have been bad for awhile. The Royals have been consistently crappy. Up until recently the Tigers have been bad, so have the Indians. The AL Central rotates it's shitty a bit more than the AL East does.

This team probably isn't a playoff team this year but they're easily on an upwards trajectory.

Yeah, been hearing that for at least a decade, repeated constantly by Jays PR flacks and Toronto media who are used to writing about the Leafs. They aren't going anywhere except 4th or 5th in their division until they spend some money and buy some pitching. They also need to get a left handed bat, Adam Lind is not the answer to any questions that matter.

But they can't afford it, or more accurately choose not to spend

Yeah, been hearing that for at least a decade, repeated constantly by Jays PR flacks and Toronto media who are used to writing about the Leafs. They aren't going anywhere except 4th or 5th in their division until they spend some money and buy some pitching. They also need to get a left handed bat, Adam Lind is not the answer to any questions that matter.

But they can't afford it, or more accurately choose not to spend

Well JP big nose definitely wasn't the answer. He did more to hurt the roster than help.

Alex Anthopolis so far has done a really good job. There are plenty of really good young players on this team and apparently more in the farm system.

Well JP big nose definitely wasn't the answer. He did more to hurt the roster than help.

Alex Anthopolis so far has done a really good job. There are plenty of really good young players on this team and apparently more in the farm system.

Didn't Riccardi have the mandate to whack $50 million from the team budget? Cannot expect much with that....

I agree that Alex Alphabet has done well with the money he been given. His trade of Wells was nothing short of miraculous. But I don't care about any of that, I want the team to win something now and I don't really give a shit about another decade of excusesor mediocrity.

Didn't Riccardi have the mandate to whack $50 million from the team budget? Cannot expect much with that....

I agree that Alex Alphabet has done well with the money he been given. His trade of Wells was nothing short of miraculous. But I don't care about any of that, I want the team to win something now and I don't really give a shit about another decade of excusesor mediocrity.

I remember 6 years ago when the season started by the 3 FA signings of AJ Burnett, Lyle Overbay and Some close named BJ. All 3 ended up being busts for the Jays. Well Lyle was OK.

JP also gave Alex Rios and Wells big contracts in the first place. The fact he was able to unload them doesn't take away from the fact that he gave them huge money in the first place.

This weekend will be a good test against, what appears to be, an overrated Angels team.

The Orioles have been bad for awhile. The Royals have been consistently crappy. Up until recently the Tigers have been bad, so have the Indians. The AL Central rotates it's shitty a bit more than the AL East does.

Well...The AL East rotates its shitty bottom 3 at least...

Well...The AL East rotates its shitty bottom 3 at least...

Really?

How many times in the last 20 years have the Jays been Oriole/Royals awful in the last 10-15 years? The Rays have been more than competitive for at least the last 5 years.

Looked it up. In the past 10 season the Jays have finished above .500 6 times. Their worst season was 2004 where they finished with 94 Ls. That was also the year the Yanks and Sawks met in the ALCS.

You can call them Mediocre but shitty is not what I'd call it.

Looked it up. In the past 10 season the Jays have finished above .500 6 times. Their worst season was 2004 where they finished with 94 Ls. That was also the year the Yanks and Sawks met in the ALCS.

You can call them Mediocre but shitty is not what I'd call it.

Who cares???

Bring on the 20th anniversary tributes!!!

:lol:

5-0 win on the road against the Angels.

The Angels are full of old guys that used to be good. Torii Hunter, Vernon Wells, and of course Prince Albert Pujos who they just gave a 10 year contract and, I think he's still without a home run.

5-0 win on the road against the Angels.

The Angels are full of old guys that used to be good. Torii Hunter, Vernon Wells, and of course Prince Albert Pujos who they just gave a 10 year contract and, I think he's still without a home run.

The Angels need a new Rally Monkey...and a new GM clearly :lol:

Solid performance by Morrow.

Things are looking up for the Blue Jays...Rivera's done for the season and so the Yankees just lost a huge part of their identity. But the Rays are still by far the team to beat in the east.

Henderson Alvarez pitched a gem for the Jays last night!

The starting 4 for the Jays is really good. If they could just get their closer back.

Then again if starting pitchers can keep throwing complete-game shutouts they won't need a bullpen. B)

The starting 4 for the Jays is really good. If they could just get their closer back.

Then again if starting pitchers can keep throwing complete-game shutouts they won't need a bullpen. B)

Pujols is below the Mendoza line with no Homers and single digit RBI's. :lol:

Edited by Boges

Agree with all that except getting their closer back. They've done better without him,

JP also gave Alex Rios and Wells big contracts in the first place. The fact he was able to unload them doesn't take away from the fact that he gave them huge money in the first place.

Riccardi didn't trade Rios, he put him on waivers and got nothing in return. Not a bad deal, since Rios was basically worth nothing and for some bizarre reason the White Sox had a spare $60 million they wanted to waste on him.

Riccardi also did not trade Wells, Anthopoulos did that deal, a miraculous burn of the Angels. He got mutts back, but in the meantime he dumped $86 million in salary for a guy who cannot hit.

May be true , but if anyone can do miracles, its Gardenhire .

But what a beautiful stadium they get to play in now. No more garbage bags and weird lights.

The point was made during last night's broadcast that Joe Mauer has seen a dramatic reduction in production and they blamed the news pitcher-friendly stadium.

Edited by Boges