Yeah, they dropped the ball there... a lot of incompetence coming from EC..which makes me not confident that they are the ones leading the investigation

I forgot another one.. harassing voters by pretending to be representing their party and calling them in inappropriate times and being rude to them

And also, forgive me if I don't take out much sympathy on Volpe. Probably one of the shiftiest politicians this country has had in the last 25 years. Joe Oliver has a shifty way about him too. I guess the voters of Eglington-Lawrence like to keep things interesting :lol:

Edited by UofGPolitico

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And also, forgive me if I don't take out much sympathy on Volpe. Probably one of the shiftiest politicians this country has had in the last 25 years. Joe Oliver has a shifty way about him too. I guess the voters of Eglington-Lawrence like to keep things interesting :lol:

shiftier than clement & toews & fantino & del mastro? i highly doubt it

Edited by olpfan1

Just check out his wikipedia page. All allegations are sourced too.

You know Clement and the whole G8/G20 misappropriation of 50 million dollar pork barrel before election to fulfill a promise of beautifying up the riding to get elected right..

and you know Toews who cheated on his wife multiple times within 2 decades, got one of them pregnant all while spouting off about his traditional family values, right? then getting it put on twitter and going on a witch hunt to crucify whoever was responsible, right?

How could anyone be worse than those two?

I simply do not believe you

Well lets see

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Volpe#Apotex_donations

As for the Apotex donations " On December 5, 2006, Elections Canada stated that Volpe had not violated election financing law in accepting the contributions."

Then he was fined 20,000 for incompetence in registering new members as well as registering people who don't recall ever registering..shady yes

Only one of these "scandals" had been proven to be against the rules

I don't see how he's worse than Toews or Clement...dirty, yes, but not dirtier than those two

All I said was one of lol. You brought Clement and Toews in. In response to the Toews example, that is in his personal, not political life.

he was fined for election fraud by EC, a politicians personal life says all you need to know as to what kind of politician they're going to be

if he had no problem lying to his wife for 2 decades on and off, eating all kinds of food on the tax payers dime

and never spending his own money... he's probably a pretty shitty politician ..you may disagree, it depends what your morals are

Edited by olpfan1

he was fined for election fraud by EC, a politicians personal life says all you need to know as to what kind of politician they're going to be

if he had no problem lying to his wife for 2 decades on and off, eating all kinds of food on the tax payers dime

and never spending his own money... he's probably a pretty shitty politician ..you may disagree, it depends what your morals are

Toews is a shitty politician, yes. Me saying Volpe is too in no way is me saying he was worse than Toews. LOL.

Edited by UofGPolitico

Toews is a shitty politician, yes. Me saying Volpe is too in no way saying he was worse than Toews. LOL.

you said he was one of the shiftiest politicians in 25 years and to check out his wikipedia where there are sourced allegations and out of the 3... one was ruled legal by EC, the other was nothing, and the last was he was fined 20,000 by his own party..unless I am missing something there are dozens of dirtier politicians in the last 25 years than that..come on man

omg

OTTAWA — The news that Elections Canada investigators are aware of the IP address that “Pierre Poutine” used to set up the Guelph, Ont., robocall account has convinced a suspect to step forward and accept responsibility for the deceptive calls, sources say.

http://www.nationalpost.com/m/wp/news/blog.html?b=news.nationalpost.com/2012/03/11/pierre-poutine-robocalls-3

omg

OTTAWA — The news that Elections Canada investigators are aware of the IP address that “Pierre Poutine” used to set up the Guelph, Ont., robocall account has convinced a suspect to step forward and accept responsibility for the deceptive calls, sources say.

http://www.nationalpost.com/m/wp/news/blog.html?b=news.nationalpost.com/2012/03/11/pierre-poutine-robocalls-3

How noble of them. This is good. The sooner they know who did them in Guelph, the sooner they can focus on determining the legitimacy of other reports in other ridings and the various connections between all of them.

Looks to me we can count out Andrew Prescott. In reply to a request for a comment by the media he tweeted: "“Getting media requests for a story from people who just days ago suggested it implied wrongdoing on my part. An apology first maybe?”.

I expect the name will be leaked to the media tomorrow.

Edited by capricorn

Guest Derek L

Looks to me we can count out Andrew Prescott. In reply to a request for a comment by the media he tweeted: "“Getting media requests for a story from people who just days ago suggested it implied wrongdoing on my part. An apology first maybe?”.

I expect the name will be leaked to the media tomorrow.

Well that was certainly anticlimactic…..not to fear, they’ll have the (small-c) conservative budget to bemoan in a few weeks ;)

Johny did it, Johnny did it. For a gov't who touted how honest they are surly using this excuse is pretty childish. By the way we never did find out how much the big resort in Huntsville got, that was apparently blacked out. Funny that the American company bought it for somewhere around $30 thousand and spent $60 thousand upgrading it and after the G8 sold it for just a little more than they originally paid for it. How much did we give them?

Oh please that doesn't mean anything, that guy kept money off the campaign sheets and counted himself as the contractor and did it that way is in itself way suspicious.. the other campaigns as far as I know went directly through racknine and the other firms that were used..they didn't go through an independent contractor

I fully expect Andrew Prescott being the person to come forward

I believe his lawyer advised him too

but of course, I could very well be wrong

Pierre Poutine entertained me for the past month, I will miss him

Edited by olpfan1

Johny did it, Johnny did it. For a gov't who touted how honest they are surly using this excuse is pretty childish. By the way we never did find out how much the big resort in Huntsville got, that was apparently blacked out. Funny that the American company bought it for somewhere around $30 thousand and spent $60 thousand upgrading it and after the G8 sold it for just a little more than they originally paid for it. How much did we give them?

Checking for relevance to topic at hand...none found.

I was thinking about this situation this morning, if the Liberals are found to be involved in voter suppression, as the CPC are being accused of, this would be the final nail in the coffin for them in MHO. I could never bring myself to vote for them again. Do the Conservative posters here feel that way if on the off chance it's the CPC that are found to be complicit?

I was thinking about this situation this morning, if the Liberals are found to be involved in voter suppression, as the CPC are being accused of, this would be the final nail in the coffin for them in MHO. I could never bring myself to vote for them again. Do the Conservative posters here feel that way if on the off chance it's the CPC that are found to be complicit?

why would a liberal suppress their own voters?

Well Shakey, as I keep saying, I'm not a conservative despite the fact that I vote for them. Nothing has changed as far as I'm concerned.

For a start, I read how those 30,000 electoral complaints actually had zilch of substance, consisting of people complaining about everything from rudeness at the polling station to bad weather. I'm saddened but not surprised that nobody seems to care about that. The Tory-haters simply ignore the content of the complaints and keep hollering that "There are 30,000 complaints!".

Still, even though it all seems just like partisan screeching to me it wouldn't matter if there was a germ of truth underneath it all, at least as far as my vote.

As a classic liberal, I believe in minimum government, the rights of the individual being paramount, no nanny state, personal privacy, absolute right to property and so on. I realize that these values today are considered by many if not most to be dated and passe but none the less, they are still my values and I will never give them up.

So that being said Shakey, outside of wasting my vote with the Libertarians what other choice than Tory do I have?