Un-Aired LOWE'S Commercial for "All-American Muslim"

Earlier this month David Caton, the executive director of a relatively small Florida affiliate of the American Family Association, pressured Lowe’s to pull its advertising from TLC’s latest reality TV series, All American Muslim. Caton’s website, as Sarah Posner points out, claims that the show “profiles only Muslims that appear to be ordinary folks.” This is, ostensibly, to conceal the “Islamic believers whose agenda poses a clear and present danger to liberties and traditional values that the majority of Americans cherish.” Lowe’s subsequently bowed to the pressure claiming that the program had become “a lightning rod” for those with “strong political and societal views,” a decision that not only sparked a heated discussion, but the satirical “missing Lowe’s ad”

So, is this All-American Muslim show America's version of Canada's Islamic infomercial known as Little Mosque on the Prarie? At least their's isn't paid for with tax money. I'll give them that.

even though i hate the show, the number of viewers it has shows how popular it is. 'little mosque' has over 1 million viewers per show, so i'm sure the tv ads are paying for the show and more. this is why the show has been picked up in europe, africa and even in israel.

Yep, those are great numbers. From 2007. Their ratings have dropped off of a cliff since then. Drink up! :lol:

Yah Shady you might not know this but it has also been syndicated and is shown in some 20 other countries besides Canada. It did have upwards of 2 million viewers at one time but the domestic ratings are down to the 300,000-400,000 range now. However to claim the show some sort of failure after 6 seasons and syndication would be down right silly this is one of few shows CBC has made money on.

Edited by punked

corner gas ratings never went below 1 million

Corner Gas was a huge success what is your point? Corner Gas was I think the only show in the top 20 viewership in Canada which was actually Canadian made. That however does not take away from the Success of Little Mosque. Heck Fox even bought the rights to the idea of Little Mosque to make an American pilot at one point it was so Successful in Canada.

However to claim the show some sort of failure after 6 seasons and syndication would be down right silly this is one of few shows CBC has made money on.

Maybe in the past. But not anymore. Anyways, it shouldn't be something tax payers have to pay for, in my opinion.

Again the CBC made money on it.

Really? How much? Is that counting the intial start up costs before and during production? Is that really what the government should be doing with tax money? Risking it in the television business? What if it didn't make money?

Really? How much? Is that counting the intial start up costs before and during production? Is that really what the government should be doing with tax money? Risking it in the television business? What if it didn't make money?

Well we can have that argument if you want but pretending that Little Mosque didn't put in the bank when it did isn't the way to bring that up Shady. Again this is where you create a different situation then exists in reality and pretend it is reality so you can make a stronger argument. I am tried having arguments with you where you pretend the hypothetical situations you make up in your head are the real situations in the ground. I know it makes it easier in your world but it doesn't help when the real world facts are much different then the ones you want to pretend exist.

Well we can have that argument if you want but pretending that Little Mosque didn't put in the bank when it did isn't the way to bring that up Shady. Again this is where you create a different situation then exists in reality and pretend it is reality so you can make a stronger argument. I am tried having arguments with you where you pretend the hypothetical situations you make up in your head are the real situations in the ground. I know it makes it easier in your world but it doesn't help when the real world facts are much different then the ones you want to pretend exist.

Fair enough. But how much money has the show made? Is it still making money with lower ratings?

Fair enough. But how much money has the show made? Is it still making money with lower ratings?

The money it makes now is in syndication there are still countries (mostly Muslim countries I believe) that are buying it from the CBC to show in their countries. I think it only ever broke even in Canada. So it broke even on air in Canada and now can be sold in syndication, on netflixs, in box sets etc. for then next 10 years and come out ahead.

Edited by punked

The money it makes now is in syndication there are still countries (mostly Muslim countries I believe) that are buying it from the CBC to show in their countries. I think it only ever broke even in Canada. So it broke even on air in Canada and now can be sold in syndication, on netflixs, in box sets etc. for then next 10 years and come out ahead.

Ok, fair enough.