• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Derek L

pretty sure he was stopping the assassination of more politicians

and what does saving politicians have to do with military celebrations

you are reaching and reaching far

No, you’re the one suggesting a military honour guard or flyover is a form of state sponsored propaganda…….I responded with an actual incident in which a Canadian Prime Minister gave the Army the same rights as police……..Your entire argument is reaching into the stratosphere

No, you’re the one suggesting a military honour guard or flyover is a form of state sponsored propaganda…….I responded with an actual incident in which a Canadian Prime Minister gave the Army the same rights as police……..Your entire argument is reaching into the stratosphere

PET was dealing with a national crisis and not a show to the world Harpers jet fly overs are not a crisis but a show to the world

do keep up derek

Culture? Honour those that contribute more to Canadian society than Don Cherry and Rick Mercer, for a fraction of the wages.....your turn.

the cbc is irrelevant to the topic of the thread but funny you mention culture bevause the cbc is a big part of our culture

honour? what are we chinese? so we should spend 500,000 for military jet fly overs for honour (which i get) but explain culture

i dont understand what culture has to do with this

explain

Guest Derek L

PET was dealing with a national crisis and not a show to the world Harpers jet fly overs are not a crisis but a show to the world

do keep up derek

So PET was using the military to defend his Liberal cabinet? Why not just rely on the police?

And you forgot to point out how “Harper’s flyover” is a show to the world…….Was the event reported on in the media of other nations with that implication?

Guest Derek L

the cbc is irrelevant to the topic of the thread but funny you mention culture bevause the cbc is a big part of our culture

honour? what are we chinese? so we should spend 500,000 for military jet fly overs for honour (which i get) but explain culture

i dont understand what culture has to do with this

explain

You're setting the goalposts? Does the CBC rescue fisherman off the Grandbanks? Fill sandbags and treat water during a flood in Manitoba? Shovel snow in Toronto? Fight forest fires and search for lost snowboarders in BC?

Guest Derek L

really sad how military jet fly overs take precedence over people living in tents in northern ontario

we're becoming more like russia everyday

Is the Government forcing the First Nations to live in tents?

So PET was using the military to defend his Liberal cabinet? Why not just rely on the police?

And you forgot to point out how “Harper’s flyover” is a show to the world…….Was the event reported on in the media of other nations with that implication?

Your point does not stand, Trudeau was responding to a national crisis involving elected members of parliament being killed, threatened or targeted by a rouge separatist group

all harper is doing is flying jets over a football game

if you cant comprehend the difference you are just trolling

You're setting the goalposts? Does the CBC rescue fisherman off the Grandbanks? Fill sandbags and treat water during a flood in Manitoba? Shovel snow in Toronto? Fight forest fires and search for lost snowboarders in BC?

lol do not act now like you care about people in need after your comment on the first nations people

plus i dont know of any bomber/ fightter jets that perform those tasks

Edited by olp1fan

Guest Derek L

Your point does not stand, Trudeau was responding to a national crisis involving elected members of parliament being killed, threatened or targeted by a rouge separatist group

all harper is doing is flying jets over a football game

if you cant comprehend the difference you are just trolling

I can comprehend the difference……..You’re the one suggesting PM Harper is conducting a propaganda campaign with a handful of flyovers and honour guards, but it’s perfectly all right for PET to give the military the right to arrest and detain the public in lieu of the police………..

Both events don’t compare at all.

I can comprehend the difference……..You’re the one suggesting PM Harper is conducting a propaganda campaign with a handful of flyovers and honour guards, but it’s perfectly all right for PET to give the military the right to arrest and detain the public in lieu of the police………..

Both events don’t compare at all.

PET was in crisis mode and Harper wasnt

you must be trolling

Guest Derek L

lol do not act now like you care about people in need after your comment on the first nations people

plus i dont know of any bomber/ fightter jets that perform those tasks

That’s because you’re ignorant……..The Hornets have aided in SAR operations….one pilot was killed in a search about twenty years ago, looking for a fishing boat off Vancouver Island

Guest Derek L

PET was in crisis mode and Harper wasnt

you must be trolling

Is there not a threat of terrorism to Canada? Where we not just in a shooting war with Libya? Be that as it may, you’d be alright if Harper used such reasons to give the Army policing rights?

Hey, you’re the one comparing Canada to Russia and North Korea……..We might have parades, but our military has only been used once to directly protect a sitting Government…..

Is there not a threat of terrorism to Canada? Where we not just in a shooting war with Libya? Be that as it may, you’d be alright if Harper used such reasons to give the Army policing rights?

Hey, you’re the one comparing Canada to Russia and North Korea……..We might have parades, but our military has only been used once to directly protect a sitting Government…..

if it were any PM but Harper yes

if Canada somehow turned into whats going on in Syria you know which side I'd fight against

Guest Derek L

if it were any PM but Harper yes

You have any evidence to back up that claim?

if Canada somehow turned into whats going on in Syria you know which side I'd fight against

You're comparing Canada to Syria now? :rolleyes: