What will Michael Ferguson do?

Topaz

Sometimes it doesn't pay to have a friend in the government. Michael Ferguson, was voted in on Thursday, by the Tories, even though he can't speak french, which is a requirement of the job, to speak both english and french. Has Harper open up for more battles on this, when now new people are hired and require speaking both languages? Why do the Tories always break the rules to get their own way and yet, the average Canadian would pay the price for doing so. http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/watchdog-scolds-tories-for-ignoring-official-languages-act/article2225029/

I went through and didn't any post on this, but if there's is, point me in the right direction. BTW, I wonder how the new AG feels about what is going on and how it will affect his job. 2200 hours of learning a language at an older age is harder to do and then he has the pressure of what the opposition parties are saying. he was chose of out the 30 finalist and I'm sure people wouldn't have applied if they didn't think they do the auditing plus already speaking french.

Sometimes it doesn't pay to have a friend in the government. Michael Ferguson, was voted in on Thursday, by the Tories, even though he can't speak french, which is a requirement of the job, to speak both english and french. Has Harper open up for more battles on this, when now new people are hired and require speaking both languages? Why do the Tories always break the rules to get their own way and yet, the average Canadian would pay the price for doing so. http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/politics/watchdog-scolds-tories-for-ignoring-official-languages-act/article2225029/

Does the Job Qualification list actually require French?

How many of the MPs in Ottawa can't speak English?

If a person can be an MP without being bilingual I don't see any reason why any government job requires a bilingual ability.

he had 5 years to learn french in canadas only official billingual province

so now hes ready to learn?

this guy deserves a smack in the face for accepting the job hes unqalified to take

When are you going to take the time to learn English?

Edited by Tilter

He isn't unqualified, and there's no reason for him not to accept it. You make it sound as if not learning French is a crime.

In a province that makes using the English language a crime I can understand the the hypocritical French-only citizens being chagrined at this guy------ I wonder how many of them realize that the Quebec policy of teaching FRENCH only to their children is limiting those children's future prospects in a predominantly English country.

Yes actually I saw this thread aswell.

The problem with it is that its not titled properly!

I should not have to click onto each just to find out what its about!

I should watch how far I go on this because I aswell am guilty of putting to much opinion into the title(of threads I started) which unfortunetly can be misleading!

WWWTT

Does the Job Qualification list actually require French?

How many of the MPs in Ottawa can't speak English?

If a person can be an MP without being bilingual I don't see any reason why any government job requires a bilingual ability.

From my understanding,yes this job requires the ability to speak French.I am not sure if it also requires the ability to read and write French?

An MP is an elected oficiall so I believe the elections act or regulating authority has much more lose requirments.I believe the political parties have their own requirments or standards for those attaining a greater status within the party.

WWWTT

In my opinion this guy is not qualified to do this job!

Regardless of what some may think here Canada has two official languages!

The Auditor General is not a regionaly elected official soley representing a geographical/population of Canada(MP,MPP,regional councilor,reeve or mayor).

The AG is responsible for "all" of Canada!

Again in my opinion I believe Harper is playing to his base again and continuing to drive a wedge further between French/English Canada!

This last appointment would make him the most anti French PM,maybe say since WWII.

WWWTT

In a province that makes using the English language a crime

All provinces make using the English language a crime, at least in the way you have constructed this sentence.

I can understand the the hypocritical French-only citizens being chagrined at this guy------ I wonder how many of them realize that the Quebec policy of teaching FRENCH only to their children is limiting those children's future prospects in a predominantly English country.

I see that you know practically nothing about the education system in Quebec so your opinion makes you out to be nuts.

All provinces make using the English language a crime, at least in the way you have constructed this sentence.

I see that you know practically nothing about the education system in Quebec so your opinion makes you out to be nuts.

Having lived in Quebec I'm fully aware of the requirements for a student to attend English school. The full-of-shitness is all in your court.

In a province that makes using the English language a crime I can understand the the hypocritical French-only citizens being chagrined at this guy

The sentence construction is correct and the content of the sentence is also correct.

Learn English b4 you post on an English forum

The French biased French-Canadians in Quebec only recognise the English language as an inconvenience to be tolerated only when reading the contents of the balance of payments check sent by the Federal Government (another inconvenience) on behalf of and funded by the English predominant provinces.

Edited by Tilter

When are you going to take the time to learn English?

Why are you a troll?

There are so many questions that remain unanswered

We understand your kind though...you try to deflect from the topic because you are a weak man and would never win the argument

Edited by olp1fan

Having lived in Quebec I'm fully aware of the requirements for a student to attend English school. The full-of-shitness is all in your court.

Then, having lived in Quebec and attended school there, your excuse for broken English is understandable because there are no provinces that make "using English a crime."

Let me guess, a Beaconsfield grad right? :rolleyes:

The sentence construction is correct and the content of the sentence is also correct.

Learn English b4 you post on an English forum

Your sentence construction needs a little work, especially the logical part where you conclude from false permises.

The French biased French-Canadians in Quebec only recognise the English language as an inconvenience to be tolerated only when reading the contents of the balance of payments check sent by the Federal Government (another inconvenience) on behalf of and funded by the English predominant provinces.

See here? More false premises, likely as a clever disguise to not know what you are talking about.

Wait, let me guess again - D'Arcy Mcgee or Philemon Wright grad right?

LOFL!

Then, having lived in Quebec and attended school there, your excuse for broken English is understandable because there are no provinces that make "using English a crime."

Let me guess, a Beaconsfield grad right? :rolleyes:

Your sentence construction needs a little work, especially the logical part where you conclude from false permises.

See here? More false premises, likely as a clever disguise to not know what you are talking about.

Wait, let me guess again - D'Arcy Mcgee or Philemon Wright grad right?

LOFL!

Wrong to all of your guesses especially the supposition that my sentence structure is based on false permises, a ?? that is not even a word.

You also need to learn English (a language that IS a crime to use in Quebec)---If in doubt just ask the Quebec Language Police.

Edited by Tilter