Ontario Clean Energy Benefit

Anyone hear promotions for this crap on the radio. If not, you've seen it if you look at your bill.

It's 10% off your hydro bill. Great so you give us healthy rate increases any chance you can. Then because you realize people hate it, you borrow money to artificially lower the bills.

And you brag about it on the radio waves and on the internet.

When does it expire? I'm sure if they get elected with a majority it won't be on their books for very long afterwards.

This is the type of BS that makes me want to punch Dalton in the face. It's a fucking shell game with this douchbag.

Anyone hear promotions for this crap on the radio. If not, you've seen it if you look at your bill.

It's 10% off your hydro bill. Great so you give us healthy rate increases any chance you can. Then because you realize people hate it, you borrow money to artificially lower the bills.

And you brag about it on the radio waves and on the internet.

When does it expire? I'm sure if they get elected with a majority it won't be on their books for very long afterwards.

This is the type of BS that makes me want to punch Dalton in the face. It's a fucking shell game with this douchbag.

As we speak, the electric companies are awaiting approval of their application for a rate increase.

quite an up-front program... the same yearly reduction applied over a 5 year period... intended to line-up with a projected 46% increase in costs for electricity generation over the same 5 year period... associated with the change from fossil based plants to renewable power sources. Why so glum, chum?

quite an up-front program... the same yearly reduction applied over a 5 year period... intended to line-up with a projected 46% increase in costs for electricity generation over the same 5 year period... associated with the change from fossil based plants to renewable power sources. Why so glum, chum?

I'll take it, but does this mean after 5 years, when in theory the price of renewable energy will be lower. :lol: will the price we pay for hydro actually go down? I seriously doubt it.

So in 5 years we'll see yet another 5% increase effectively because of the artificially low rate we're paying because of this program.

It's shielding the fact that Daddy Dalton screws us on hydro rates.

Edited by Boges

I'll take it, but does this mean after 5 years, when in theory the price of renewable energy will be lower. :lol: will the price we pay for hydro actually go down? I seriously doubt it.

So in 5 years we'll see yet another 5% increase effectively because of the artificially low rate we're paying because of this program.

It's shielding the fact that Daddy Dalton screws us on hydro rates.

Had Harris and Eves used their resources to pay down the OPG debt, and to eliminate the subsidy back then we would have seen the true cost of hydro. The fact is they hid the deficits and fudged the books to make it look like they weren't spending wildly.

McGuinty is simply making us pay for the use of electricity at the real cost. Maybe you should complain about Bell Canada over charging and see if McGuinty really cares.

Dalton is a hypocrite. He introduces policies which are designed to inflate electricity prices in order to pursue his ideological objectives yet when faced with justifiable outrage over the consequences of his ideology he tries to bribe voters in order to get himself elected. Hopefully, voters will realize that after 5 years they will get whacked even worse than they are now and the only solution is to elect people who choose pragmatism over ideology when it comes to electricity generation.

Had Harris and Eves used their resources to pay down the OPG debt, and to eliminate the subsidy back then we would have seen the true cost of hydro. The fact is they hid the deficits and fudged the books to make it look like they weren't spending wildly.

McGuinty is simply making us pay for the use of electricity at the real cost. Maybe you should complain about Bell Canada over charging and see if McGuinty really cares.

Harris and Eves? How old are you? The debt accumulation started back in the mid-70s, under Davis. No premier since did anything to fix it, including Rae, Peterson and now Dalton McGuilty.

This was never something partisan. They ALL share the blame!

You should be careful what you say, threatening to hit someone in the face and publishing those comments could constitute a breach of the peace - such as uttering threats. Getting charged with uttering threats is remarkably easy when they are rich or political individuals, public officials, lawyers, doctors etc..

Take it when you can get it. I was paying $30 a month just to have my hydro hooked up.

YEAH NO HST ON HYDRO!

For farms, families, and small businesses.

Hydro rates are too high, atleast they are recognizing this.

The service charges are what gets me, the monopolization of the energy sector really bothers me since they provide such crappy service and get tons of complaints.

But none the less 10% rebate can more or less be paid with the taxes on the hydro companies profits. Rates are too high. Enjoy it while you got it. Personally I'd rather like to see that 10% spent on GO Energy. That is government of Ontario Energy for lower energy costs, government owned power lines, and partnerships with the public to make new affordable housing with solar shingles etc..

Its been a hot summer though with lots of airconditioning,profits are probably up, meaning more tax revenues. The thing about service charges that gets me is, that the companies write off the system upgrades as tax writeoffs and still bill subscribers.

None the less even though my home service is done and I'm migrating off grid, people pay too much just to have a hookup these days.

It said it is for "5 years"

the OCEB will be automatically added to every eligible consumer's bills for the next five years. The Ontario Clean Energy Benefit applies to electricity charges incurred as of

January 1, 2011.

Edited by William Ashley