Should the NDP change its name?

Change their name to NDCP.NO Damn Chance Party.

:lol:

Like they say, it's all in the name......

I'm not sure a name change would help. They need to appeal to voters with more appealing ideas. One of the parties (i.e. NDP) should simply run on a "good government" basis. Many of our institutions require major overhauls as they are antiquated. Education is a prime example. I suspect that Conservatives are correct when they say there is much waste in government and bureaucracy and ND's could likely make social programs more effective and responsive to peoples' needs with waste eliminated. We need more VALUE in government.

Alternatively, maybe they should just change their ugly party colours! :angry:

I agree about the orange. I wonder if it signifies something specific, or was just a colour that wasn't being used at the time.

Jack Layton is the most green politician around and I thought the New Democrats were going to use green on their signs for this election.

Does anyone realize how much money the green party is going to receive for their 580, 000 or so votes?

Where are these green votes coming from?

The so-called experts say:

1/3 from NDP

1/3 from people who would otherwise not vote

and 1/3 from the Cons and the Libs.

I am not so sure.

I listened to a talk radio show late in the night just prior to the election and the host was doing a poll. 90% of the audience and callers are right wingers. I was surprised by the poll. most said they were going to vote for the Cons but the second highest, a substantial number said they were voting green. I think the greens are going to bled more and more right wing support. ;)

I listened to a talk radio show late in the night just prior to the election and the host was doing a poll. 90% of the audience and callers are right wingers. I was surprised by the poll. most said they were going to vote for the Cons but the second highest, a substantial number said they were voting green. I think the greens are going to bled more and more right wing support.

Thats funny MS.......I'll never vote Green federally, but next year I'll look at the BC provincial Green party and compare my local candidate's chances with the local Conservative candidate and vote for who ever has the better chance of winning in my riding.........anything to make sure the NDP doesn't get it in, well not voting for Gordon (even though I think he'll still win).

I am fairly sure that BC will be returning to the NDP next election. We may even have a lady Premier; that would be a breath of fresh air. Campbell is pretty tricky; He will be spending money now; trying to buy votes and hope people forget . Then when the NDP get in; they passed legislation that then the budget must be balancedthat year on. hmmmm The Campbell government has sold off our assets to foreign companies and yet still added greatly to our deficit. Everything went up : medical premiums/ PST/copayment for prescriptions for seniors/ fishing licenses/ driver's licenses/ cigarettes/ liquor (finally). Unions were dismantled; people laid off while doctors, nurses and management got big raises in our hospitals. Wait times for surgery increased. Private health care is here; ;pay or suffer for months while your condition deteriorates.

Liberal cabinet member Hawkins did get quick speedy diagnosis and treatment (publicly funded) while regular patients must wait.