Canada's 38th Election Analysis

Maplesyrup it is interesting that you choose to attack em for soemthign you are guilty of, however I don't flip flop ont he amtter and I am proud to stick by what i said...what about you, why call me out for soemthign you to said.

With our present first-past-the-post system the Greens will not elect anyone. 

These results illustrate the substantial growth of the NDP and Green Party in British Columbia since the 2000 federal election. The NDP is up 16-points from 2000 (11% to 27%) and the Green Party is up 8-points (2% to 10%). Their gains have come at the expense of the Conservative Party, who though leading at 33% today, are down 23-points from the combined 56% support captured by the Alliance (49%) and Progressive Conservatives (7%) in the last election. Meanwhile, the Liberal Party is virtually unchanged from the November 2000 (28% in 2000, 27% today). 

Slavik44.......my quote is from the Ipsos-Reid website.

Where is your from?

That was quite a forecast probably based on the nonsense you read in the mainstream press. Maybe you should be more careful when you get your information.

You want to call em out maplesyrup fine, this is wha ti said:

Well I just want to get some opinions here, but the green party now stands a good chance at getting two seats in parliment, both from B.C. They are being polled at 13% in B.C, which is 2% higher then the voter support for the NDP in 2000 which managed to get 2 seats in B.C. I think it is very likely the Green party could be coming to ottawa, but i wonder how much of an impact they would really have. Other then probabley give the party a boost in popularity, as well as more access to the media, it probabley would not be able to make a huge impact, but perhaps it could be a stepping stool for the green's.

I have the guts to stick by and acknowledge what I said, you ahve ever avoid comment on your flip flopping around on the matter. you want to attack me attack yourself you to argued that the greens woudl get saanich so please stand by your comments or shut up.

So, 62% voted against the Liberals? Draw your own conclusions, MS.

Trudeau - even Pearson - knew better.

BTW, good to see again your crazy comments Maple Syrup. I'm back in Canada!

And 70% Canadawide voted AGAINST what Harper represented. What's your point?

Maybe the Conservatives will get even less support in the next election, as the Greens and the Christian Heritage Parties gather strength. B)

At the end of the day, western concerns about the federal government are not a question of partisanship and who voted for whom; they are rooted in a strong and widespread desire for meaningful reform at the federal level to make Canada a better country for all.

Amen.

-kimmy :)