NDP shows their true colours,and how they hate Canada.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Layton says he would accept a 50%+1 vote on Quebec independence. Traitorous bastard!! Why doesn't he just come out and say he hates this country?

You mean he would respect the outcome of a majority vote of the people of Quebec to determine their own future? Shocking! Thing is that it is Harper federal policies that will drive the people of quebec to vote for seperation, while the NDP policies that are much more in line with quebec's values would encourage them to want to remain Canadian. Harper is the real traitor for constantly playing the politics of division.

Blind personal ambition is very dis-tasteful in a politican - some start of as super left wingers...then finding no career future in this - cross the floor to a more opportune party - Then if they could they would cross the floor again to the ruling party - but they can't because as in the case of BOB Rae - it might become obvious that you are NOT serving the people but just your own ego. NDPers do hate Canada- they all dream of some Trotskish empire like the EU where we are all equal and they are king.

You mean he would respect the outcome of a majority vote of the people of Quebec to determine their own future? Shocking! Thing is that it is Harper federal policies that will drive the people of quebec to vote for seperation, while the NDP policies that are much more in line with quebec's values would encourage them to want to remain Canadian. Harper is the real traitor for constantly playing the politics of division.

How patriotic of you. Yes a counting error should decide the fate of this country.

The Conservatives in this thread are ridiculous with this false anger. The reason Jack said that is he knows it is never going to happen, as does the rest of Canada.

Get over yourselves.

Do you remember the results of the last referendum? What makes you sure "it is never going to happen"? And, even if you are, should fundamental policies pertaining to national unity really be based on a bet like this?

Do you remember the results of the last referendum?

It's unlikely that those types of conditions will ever exist again. The question will be different, the circumstances will be different, and the federal parliament will be different.

Here is all you need to know about that shameless asskisser Jacques Layton

On December 7, 2005, in the midst of a federal election, NDP leader Jack Layton too announced that he backed the Clarity Act. This was in contrast to comments made in the 2004 election where he said that the Act accentuates divisions in Canada. He attributed his new found support to understanding the constitutionality of the act. However, in 2011 after the election that suddenly introduced sympathizers of Quebec independence to the caucus, Layton and the NDP's have become the first Pan-Canadian party to oppose the Clarity Act

It's unlikely that those types of conditions will ever exist again. The question will be different, the circumstances will be different, and the federal parliament will be different.

I'm watching question period right now.

The NDP seems to be a party of old men and 'teenage girls'. They obviously selecting young girls to run in their party as one other person from Quebec pointed out when he tried to run for NDP this election.

It's a bit disturbing.. you have these old guys.. and then all these wide eyed, young teenage looking girls sitting with them who have no place in politics. Miss Vegas is wide eyed, keeps gawking around, not paying attention, she looks like a ___. Many of these girls are bored, not paying attention, and 'late to clap' when their own members are asking questions.

It's obvious what's going to happen in the next 4 years. I'll be looking for scandals to come for sure. It's a matter of time.

I don't object to 50% plus 1, as long as the province of Quebec acknowledges, respects and accomododates the creation of First Nations within their boundaries and respects their ambitions to join or not join the Quebec nation.

On the part of Canada, our leaders will be required to negotiate terms that respect the needs and aspirations of Canadians, not the Republic du Quebec. In other words, a business deal.

Do you remember the results of the last referendum? What makes you sure "it is never going to happen"? And, even if you are, should fundamental policies pertaining to national unity really be based on a bet like this?

What Smallc said... as well as the fact that the younger generation of francophone Quebecois despise the older generation's obsession with sovereignty while ignoring real problems in the province.

The majority of Quebecois are tired of the sovereignty debate. That is why the NDP is now in the HC from Quebec. PQ may be elected to a minority government in Quebec next year, but it's not because the population is begging for sovereignty.. it's because they are tired of the PLQ. They've also spread their vote around to help ensure that the PQ doesn't get too crazy (last poll only 34% support the PQ which is down from the last election)

For those that disagree with the 50%+1 condition, under what conditions would you accept Quebec sovereignty?

Most major changes are made with the requirement of a super majority of at least 60%.

I'm not ever okay with it, quite frankly. There's no reason for it, and it would cause both Quebec and Atlantic Canada numerous problems.

I agree but I would be willing to accept the decision of a clear majority. I have largely been convinced that 50%+1 is probably setting the bar too low.

I'm not ever okay with it, quite frankly. There's no reason for it, and it would cause both Quebec and Atlantic Canada numerous problems.

The rest of Canada doesn't really have to like it. If Quebeckers want self-government, I'm just curious what conditions people feel need to be met (if not 50%+1).

I agree but I would be willing to accept the decision of a clear majority. I have largely been convinced that 50%+1 is probably setting the bar too low.

What's a clear majority for you? Is it also 60%+1 like Smallc?