The bravest person in Canada

Bridgette DePape is only 21 and has a huge heart of gold.

Her protest was peacefull and silent and effective.

I wish this young woman all the best and I hope what she has started gains steam and momentum!

WWWTT

• Replies 590
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You must be joking. Heckling the throne speech - brave? You need to get your head examined.

No!

You need your head examined!

Standing up for what you feel is important?

Damn straight thats brave!

Bravest person in Canada!

WWWTT

Guest American Woman

No!

You need your head examined!

WWWTT

So she's the only person in Canada standing up for what she believes in? Much less doing it in the bravest way?

:rolleyes:

So she's the only person in Canada standing up for what she believes in? Much less doing it in the bravest way?

:rolleyes:

Yes she is!

She stood alone silently in the house of commons holding a sign.

No support.No weapons.No bullet proof vest,nothing.

And she is brilliant!

WWWTT

The problem is why it is necessary for the young lady risk so much to be bravest in such a "free", "democracy" country with "human rights"?

The reason is there is no kindness, think of others, help others culture in Canada, at least in the political level.

Selfish, ignore most people, greedily rob money for interest groups is the top task of all politicians.

As I said many times, no matter if it is "democracy" or not, if all are evils, you can not expect any good result.

I wish this young woman all the best and I hope what she has started gains steam and momentum!

WWWTT

congratulations. This post earns you a prominent position on my ignore list. In fact, it makes you unique.

WWWTT

She has conviction , but nothing else.

Brave? Why, was there some inherent danger to stand and hold a sign? I held a sign up today too! It said "Sign in here" for the delagates that we hosted.

Phew....I'm going to have a beer and and hug my brave self.

She has conviction, but not brains.

What exactly is the standing up for? A sign saying "stop harper" suggests she is deranged loon expressing a visceral hatred of the prime minister. That does not mean much. If she was actually standing up for something she would have had a sign like "canada out of afghanistan" or "climate action now". But she didn't. All she had was a sign saying she hates the prime minister. Not very inspiring.

I really fail to see why you think this person is worthy of any praise.

Edited by TimG

WWWTT

Brave? She faced no danger. She sacrificed a job which she probably wasn't all that fond of and evidently didn't need. You know, my gardener brought his college age daughter to work with him today. She hasn't been able to find a summer job. I bet she'd love to have a well-paid job as a Senate Page, and I bet she wouldn't throw it out the window for a pointless gesture either. But them I'm guessing this young page had no need of money and a family well-able to support her in any way she desires.

Saw her on the CBC saying Canada needed an 'arab spring' to make changes. It was gently pointed out to her that what we have in Canada are elections, and that we'd just held one. Apparently this fact eluded her.

Edited by Scotty

Guest American Woman

Yes she is!

She stood alone silently in the house of commons holding a sign.

Wow. "Holding a sign." We so rarely see that level of bravery/conviction of one's beliefs these days.

No support.No weapons.No bullet proof vest,nothing.

Wow. Again. No support!? She held up a sign without the cavalry behind her? In the Senate? Without a bullet proof vest? :blink: How many bullets did she dodge? And however did she stand against the Senators without a weapon?

And she is brilliant!

So you're being sarcastic too, eh?

At least she got her 15 minutes of fame .........

What an idiot. Claims that "3/4 of Canadians are against Harper". Basically claiming that anyone who didn't vote is against Harper and on her side. Fucking moron.

By that same measure, 81% of people are AGAINST the NDP and 89% of people are AGAINST the Liberals. But they should be in power because "75% of people are against the Cons". Retarded little child. :lol:

Edited by CPCFTW

Brave? Why, was there some inherent danger to stand and hold a sign? I held a sign up today too! It said "Sign in here" for the delagates that we hosted.

I really fail to see why you think this person is worthy of any praise.

Brave? She faced no danger.

Wow. "Holding a sign." We so rarely see that level of bravery/conviction of one's beliefs these days.

At least she was risk to go to jail. And she risk her job. And she risk her future chance for working in many kind of works.

Do you guys love to stay in a jail?

At least she was risk to go to jail. And she risk her job. And she risk her future chance for working in many kind of works.

How did she risk going to jail? As far as I know there are no laws in Canada about holding a sign up at work. This isn't China and she wasn't standing in front of a tank at tiananmen square. You guys are easily impressed.

Edited by CPCFTW

Guest American Woman

Ummm. She didn't go to jail. Nor did she risk it. As for risking her job, she was almost at the end of her year long job as page. Not a real impressive risk involved there. And exactly what kinds of jobs did she risk her future chances for?

Yes...I was just "passing by" in Tiananman Square and all hell broke loose!

1989 Tiananman Square things are promoted and financially supported by CIA. after China crack it, China can improve the life standard there for 20 years till now and stupidly saved US by buy so many US bond and let the money disappear.

Edited by bjre

Ummm. She didn't go to jail. Nor did she risk it. As for risking her job, she was almost at the end of her year long job as page. Not a real impressive risk involved there. And exactly what kinds of jobs did she risk her future chances for?

Many company will definitely don't want a person that could bring problem.