TO ALL CONSERVATIVES

I find it sort of humorous that someone would be urging a collection of political junkies like us to vote. I bet there is a vastly higher proportion of posters here who vote than almost any other demographic you could choose. And what are the odds of changing someone on this board's vote at this late date?

Don't be so quick. I'm seriously considering voting NDP in my Alberta riding. Won't make a difference, but if the Liberal vote falls apart and goes to the NDP, it might actually be enough to send a small message to that pompus ass of an MP (James Rajotte) that he should try and remember who put him there.

2008 GE

CPC 33174

LPC 9234

NDP 5994

GRN 4081

Even if the entire opposition went together, it would still be in the neighborhood of 33173 to 19310. Wouldn't change the result, but the message might be a little clearer for that dense piece of driftwood to understand. Ideally, it would end 26242 CPC to 26241 NDP.

Are edits to the NDP wikipedia article like this really necessary?

New Democratic Party

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jack Layton is gay and NOBODY will tolerate his election into office (if that ever happens). We Canadians are not retarded. We know what is good for us.

I undid it, but come on people.

I find it sort of humorous that someone would be urging a collection of political junkies like us to vote. I bet there is a vastly higher proportion of posters here who vote than almost any other demographic you could choose. And what are the odds of changing someone on this board's vote at this late date?

I know of one person in these forums who don't vote when it's raining.

I know of one person in these forums who don't vote when it's raining.

I heard several referrences to that already, but am too new to this forum to know the situation. For the record, when I went to vote today it was pissing down rain, and some asshole school kids tore down the paper signs Elections Canada had posted pointing the way to the polling station in a very large school here. I walked forever trying to find the thing.

I heard several referrences to that already, but am too new to this forum to know the situation. For the record, when I went to vote today it was pissing down rain, and some asshole school kids tore down the paper signs Elections Canada had posted pointing the way to the polling station in a very large school here. I walked forever trying to find the thing.

They should have been jailed.

They should have been jailed.

Well, one guy in his 80's was muttering as he was walking back to the street so I told him where the poll was. He just said he'd walked enough for today and wasn't going to vote. That's not good.

But I'm against jail in many cases. I think they should be sentenced to 1000 hours of crossing guard duties in a uniform supplied by me, to be served only when it is raining.

Well, one guy in his 80's was muttering as he was walking back to the street so I told him where the poll was. He just said he'd walked enough for today and wasn't going to vote. That's not good.

But I'm against jail in many cases. I think they should be sentenced to 1000 hours of crossing guard duties in a uniform supplied by me, to be served only when it is raining.

Jailed for the day, that is, to prevent any further destruction. Then fined at least $25,000.

A rare thing happened today. My sister has very seldom voted in any election. This morning she called me and told me the polling station was right on the first floor of her building and she wanted to go and vote. As she knows I follow politics closely, she asked me who she should vote for. I made the pitch for the Conservatives, my party of choice for the time being. I made sure she knew the name of the candidate to select. To my relief, she agreed with my recommendation. It's so nice to come to the aid of a close family member. :D

I will.. I actually really like the idea of Forums but I never bothered making an account until these elections..

That surge of new members might also reflect the increasing interest that the youth have in politics. I personally couldn't vote until this election so I had little inclination to follow the politics.

That's good to hear! My son turned 18 this year, and didn't even bother getting registered to vote.

More often than not, I find election season the worst time to discuss politics, and it's hard to get discussions going on other topics when there is an upcoming election.

In the real world, I found very little interest in the election among people I know. The lack of interest is disturbing, since prices are rising and more and more people are struggling to make ends meet. But most people will just keep working longer hours, or taking on 2nd jobs and ignore what's going on in the wider world.

It's a shame that so many people are asleep at the switch when it comes to understanding politics and government, because this has been a pivotal election, and Canada will be a much different nation four years from now....which I see as being for the worse...but that's my opinion.

A rare thing happened today. My sister has very seldom voted in any election. This morning she called me and told me the polling station was right on the first floor of her building and she wanted to go and vote. As she knows I follow politics closely, she asked me who she should vote for. I made the pitch for the Conservatives, my party of choice for the time being. I made sure she knew the name of the candidate to select. To my relief, she agreed with my recommendation. It's so nice to come to the aid of a close family member. :D

My son voted NDP, without asking my advice! So lunacy is genetic after all.

My son voted NDP, without asking my advice! So lunacy is genetic after all.

Ha, not always :) My dad voted NDP, my mom Liberal, and I voted Conservative. My sister isn't old enough to vote but she likes the Greens :lol: We have some lively debates now and then.