"500-page dossier on Harper's thoughts"

I first saw it on CTV's election site.

I'm not arguing but am damned surprised. CTV essentially boosting a CBC regular? Wow.

P.S. I just visited it and can't find it. You got a link?

Edited by RNG

Who cares about Strombo? Flip through the .pdf. It's a damn trainwreck. BOOM! Goes the dynamite, as they say.

I don't think so. Sort of cherry picking, and mostly out of context as far as I can see.

I'm not arguing but am damned surprised. CTV essentially boosting a CBC regular? Wow.

P.S. I just visited it and can't find it. You got a link?

http://www.ctv.ca/CTVNews/TopStories/20110425/stephen-harper-controversial-quotes-110425/

Actually looks like the other way around. Stromboloplopolous just plugged into this today even though the CTV had picked it up a couple of days ago.

George Stoumboulopoulos has posted a 500-page dossier outlining Stephen Harper's "most controversial comments on everything from abortion to ... providing for the poor."

This could be bad... very, very bad.

http://www.cbc.ca/strombo/show-politics/down-the-stretch-they-come.html

Let's see. Over 2M Canadians have already voted. A good chunk are glued to the hockey playoffs while others have all eyes on the royal wedding. Heck some people don't even have computers or access to the internet. Then, subtract those who ignore politics or who are Conservative supporters. So who exactly will spend time poring over 500 pages of quotes, most of which have already been posted by the media? Do the math.

Question. Did you read all 500 pages?

Of course I didn't. However, I did find it interesting to "flip through", like I suggested, and see the notes that were made in the margins and what quotes were deemed worth enough to have ">" marked next to them for attention.

The only people that would bother to read it are committed anti-Harper voters anyway.

that's why your not working in the cpc campaign headquarters...the target isn't the cpc base, they'd support harper if he was caught eating babies they would still be in complete denial...the target are the soft voters moderate conservatives that will read it...

George Stoumboulopoulos has posted a 500-page dossier outlining Stephen Harper's "most controversial comments on everything from abortion to ... providing for the poor."

This could be bad... very, very bad.

http://www.cbc.ca/strombo/show-politics/down-the-stretch-they-come.html

I've only looked at a couple of pages...

Out of curiousity, how is this different from any of the myriad of other "What Harper Said" type compilations that have sprung up over the past 7-8 years?

-k

Out of curiousity, how is this different from any of the myriad of other "What Harper Said" type compilations that have sprung up over the past 7-8 years?

-k

Not much at all, the interesting part was the reason they compiled them. I flipped through as well, I was not too impressed to be honest. The strangest part for me was how Harper is referred to as "The Leader"...

Not much at all, the interesting part was the reason they compiled them. I flipped through as well, I was not too impressed to be honest. The strangest part for me was how Harper is referred to as "The Leader"...

"the Leader"-sounds like another politcal cult we know of "Dear Leader" ...then there is "The Harper Government"...all very cultish stuff that appeals to a fanatical fringe section in every population...

-k

The obvious answer is that this compilation was done by the Conservtives party themselves..

So they must be accurate.... but when the truth is compilated by his own 'friends' it also makes Harper look bad.

:lol:

"the Leader"-sounds like another politcal cult we know of "Dear Leader" ...then there is "The Harper Government"...all very cultish stuff that appeals to a fanatical fringe section in every population...

I've long noticed a certain authoritarian fetish among some Tories. I imagine it's only a small group, but still, it's there, and it's only natural that they would congregate around the leader.

I've long noticed a certain authoritarian fetish among some Tories. I imagine it's only a small group, but still, it's there, and it's only natural that they would congregate around the leader.

This one don't fly. Trudeau and Chretien were way worse. Mulroney was sort of open, but had a large enough majority, and Clarke lost exactly because of his not dictating to his troops. So Harper studied, learned, and is acting upon this excellent lesson taught by Trudeau and Chretien.

This one don't fly. Trudeau and Chretien were way worse. Mulroney was sort of open, but had a large enough majority, and Clarke lost exactly because of his not dictating to his troops. So Harper studied, learned, and is acting upon this excellent lesson taught by Trudeau and Chretien.

I'm not really talking about caucus solidarity. That's a fixture of most parties and has been for a century or more. It's more about the kind of fanatical fruitcakes.

I'm not really talking about caucus solidarity. That's a fixture of most parties and has been for a century or more. It's more about the kind of fanatical fruitcakes.

You're talking about John Baird taking over as 'Dear Leader' now aren't you...