Conservatives would create Office of Religious Freedom

Straight out of the right wing's Holy Post

MISSISSAUGA, Ont — Canada will put the spotlight on religious persecution in the world through a new Office of Religious Freedom if voters re-elect a Conservative government, Tory leader Stephen Harper pledged Saturday.

Harper said the new office, to cost $5 million annually, would be located within the Department of Foreign Affairs in Ottawa.

Harper said its task would be threefold:

• Monitor religious freedom around the world;

• Promote religious freedom as a key objective of Canadian foreign policy;

• Advance policies and programs that support religious freedom around the world.

Well isn't that just simply swell of the guy...I mean with everyone struggling to help get rid of the defecit and balance the budget, good ole Pope steve thinks we need a new government office to throw millions of dollars into.

Tell me again how Conservatives are good money managers and believers in small government?

I'm sure this ought to play well towards his socially conservative christian right wing base when they find out :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm sure this ought to play well towards his socially conservative christian right wing base when they find out

Although I disagree with the necessity of such an office, it'll probably play well with Christians, Muslims, Jews, etc. Anyone that's worried about religious freedoms. Such as the bans recently witnessed in Quebec and France.

There's a lot of religious persecution in the world today.

I'm curious, however, that having a government office devoted to the subject would be of much use.

I wonder if it would be accompanied by an "Office of having the stones to tell other governments things that aren't convenient".

-k

He's wasting tax dollars. It will be a department here to stay. It will have a 50 million dollar budget in 10 years and the real goal is to funnel money to Islamic organizations to buy votes.

Who else is having issues around the world of 'religious freedom'. Only muslims. It's his way of funneling money into mosques so the imams can tell the voters to vote conservative. That's why there was a large standing ovation from the Muslims in my city (mississauga) when he announced it. It's a way harper can tie together religion and politics in his favor.

Most mosques run charities abroad and collect funds for them. The office of 'religious freedom' will fund money to these charities in an attempt to buy votes.

That's what's really happening here.

I have to say, it's amusing to hear people say it's some 'white Christian' blah blah from Harper. Lol.. you guys are so ignorant and don't understand just how corrupt this country really is and the reasons why these offices and programs are even setup. You need to study and research Canada a bit more and our non profits.

Go study MapleLeafWeb. Go on. Go and see who funds this website, where it's located, the intersts involved. This forum can be hosted at any $3 a month web hosting. Instead, there are actually salaries, employees, and 'fudning' that goes into this website. All for the 20 people who post here. This very website is part of the problem. Research MLW and you'll see just how deep the veins of corruption runs in Canada. It's a way of life here. So bad to the point it extends to this website.. a small forum with less than 2 dozen posters.

The Islamic office.. err.. 'religious freedom' office is pretty much, open corruption right before your eyes and a laundering of my tax dollars to pay off organizations to gain votes. That's all it is. If you can't see that, you need to study the type of country we are - a big 'pyramid' system.

Edited by mikedavid00

Essentially money to help muslims impose their bullshit laws on us. Hell I'm sure the cons will be all for it if it helps them win.

I too see nothing but trouble coming out of this but I doubt the Conservative base is at all happy with this brainchild idea of Harper's just to sway the muslim votes in his favour.

With all of the trouble the bloc ansd seperatists in Quebec cause, this would make them look like true Canadian patriots if Harper gets his way.

Just think... Canada under Sharia Law.

Essentially money to help muslims impose their bullshit laws on us. Hell I'm sure the cons will be all for it if it helps them win.

Exactly.

That's really what the money is for.

You and I will have to pay for the salaries, pensions, and benefits of the civil servants and islamic students working in that office, then the grants given to the islamic foundations, and everything involved with it.

The office will turn from a gov't floor, to a whole building. Funding will run out of control. It's a mess waiting to happen.

Actually look at it this way.

Islamic 'FREEDOM'. Religious FREEDOM. What does that REALLY MEAN in *their* countries? Terrorism.

And WHO IS GOING TO FUND THESE GROUPS? Our tax dollars and Harpers office.

Harper just planted that seed to get that Islamic vote. When you deal with Imams, you will almost *ALWAYS* tie them back to terrorists or people funding of terrorists.

Mark my words about this office now. He asked for it. It might take 5-10 years for me to pull up this post, but one day, I'll pull up this post and say I TOLD YOU SO!

:lol: I doubt even a bloc lead coalition could do as much damage as a Harper majority.

Harper is the 'least damange' party in my opinion.

I would love to see Quebec separate and support them if that's what they want to do. They would have private health-care and lower taxes. (if they didn't have lower taxes, I don't see how they would compete living beside Canada and US. It would also force them to spend efficiently.

Mark my words about this office now. He asked for it. It might take 5-10 years for me to pull up this post, but one day, I'll pull up this post and say I TOLD YOU SO!

If that happens, you can rest assured that I will point the finger at you and say, "you wanted this. You voted for it."

Just think... Canada under Sharia Law.

Harper did declare Quebec as a nation and then there's the Chinese headtax thing. He likes to give special designations (official ones) to minorities.

I would wager, if enough Muslims wanted Sharia Law's and banking, he would give it to them. Harper is very optimistic on multi-culturalism. Even more than Ignatieff it seems when judging by the English debate.

Some one should pull up some old Harper Reform quotes. I guess a lot of us are hoping and wishing when he gets power, he'll stop immigration, scrap special interest funding. But that won't happen. He's been jaded now. Been in power for too long and wants more.

Pitty really..

Harper did declare Quebec as a nation and then there's the Chinese head tax thing. He likes to give special designations (official ones) to minorities.

I would wager, if enough Muslims wanted Sharia Law's and banking, he would give it to them. Harper is very optimistic on multiculturalism. Even more than Ignatieff it seems when judging by the English debate.

Some one should pull up some old Harper Reform quotes. I guess a lot of us are hoping and wishing when he gets power, he'll stop immigration, scrap special interest funding. But that won't happen. He's been jaded now. Been in power for too long and wants more.

Pitty really..

You won't get any arguments out of me on this issue mike.

But I have to question how can you vote for someone who has made it known he will implement this..

How can you in good faith (pun intended) vote for Harper knowing full well that he's going to create that monstrosity which will surely suck tax dollars into funding more religious extremists...

He couldn't. It's outside his power to do so.

This is Canada we live in.

There's no such thing as 'power and jurisdictions' in this country. The Prime Minister can do as he chooses. If any of his party disagree, he kicks them out.

It's Canada. Corrupt to the bone.

Any contribution by Harper to FURTHER corrupt Canada (the 'Religious Freedom Office' as an example) should not be applauded if you consider yourself a Canadian.

He didn't need to do this, but has no opened a whole can of worms.

Harper is the 'least damange' party in my opinion.

I would love to see Quebec separate and support them if that's what they want to do. They would have private health-care and lower taxes. (if they didn't have lower taxes, I don't see how they would compete living beside Canada and US. It would also force them to spend efficiently.

Lower taxes? In Quebec? Has your part of Canada decriminalized pot? must have cause you ain't smoking terbaccy.

Quebec has been living on the avails of the ROC taxpayer for so long that without those huge Provincial welfare bux (called "balance of payments" by the recipients and ROBBERY by the provinces that pay the bux :ph34r:

Quebec needs their own taxes just to pay the graft to the politicians. the balance of payments go for stuff like universal child care-- (Which the donating provinces can't afford because they have to pay for Quebec's.)

Lower taxes? In Quebec? Has your part of Canada decriminalized pot? must have cause you ain't smoking terbaccy.

Quebec has been living on the avails of the ROC taxpayer for so long that without those huge Provincial welfare bux (called "balance of payments" by the recipients and ROBBERY by the provinces that pay the bux :ph34r:

Sorry I mean lower corporate and business taxes.

The great thing is that if Quebec separated, there is NO WAY they would run a large gov't. Impossible. They wouldn't be able to sell bonds. They wouldn't get any money from us. They'd only have themselves to look at. They'd be forced into spending less, legalize 'everything' like prostitution, drugs, gambling, ultimate fighting.. that sort of thing, and lower corporate taxes to bring in business because that is the ONLY place they'd be able to get money from. There is no chance they'd be able to afford a communist medical system. No chance at all. They would be forced into private insurance and hospitals.

I'm a big believer in small countries like in Europe. It keeps gov't SMALL and with less money to play with. It also allows us to compete with each other.