Carbon Tax

Ok

Why is Alberta and the Right Winger cons against Carbon tax if Alberta is the only province with Carbon Tax???

It struck me as, what the heck?

Is the whole anti carbon tax thing just to protect provincial revenues?

Alberta has carbon tax.

Why are they whining about carbon tax?

Edited by William Ashley

They can choose to tax and police their own resources, but a scheme that even had the potential to end up taking even more money from Alberta only to end up giving it to Quebec is untenable. Albertans have had enough of that, and anything that even sort of smells like that is a vote loser.

Ok

Why is Alberta and the Right Winger cons against Carbon tax if Alberta is the only province with Carbon Tax???

It struck me as, what the heck?

Is the whole anti carbon tax thing just to protect provincial revenues?

Alberta has carbon tax.

Why are they whining about carbon tax?

Alberta is the only province with a carbon tax? Does this mean the carbon tax I pay in BC goes to Alberta?

How many more ways can the East devise to rip Alberta off, ignoring their own economic mismanagement?

Carbon tax is just another hand into my pocket.

By the way, we might mine the fuel out here, but Ontarians burn it in their cars. The only proper tax would pass on all tax to the end consumer. Ontario/Quebec manufacturing and the millions of drivers out there.

Alberta should pay very little. 3 million drivers, little manufacturing. A true carbon user tax should be a Ontario/Quebec cost. They need to find better ways to manufacture and transport their people. Don't blame Alberta for supplying their habit... I'd rather keep the money in country than send it to Ghaddfi.

Alberta produces more wind power per capita than any other province. Does the Maritimes need to write me a cheque for all that oil and diesel they burn in their generators.

A true carbon tax would impact Alberta very little, maybe even positively. Unfortunately the carbon tax the Liberals and Ontarians/Quebecois have in mind is more like Suncor writing Charest a big cheque to spend on daycares and Quebec culture. That's not a real carbon tax.

Yes, we're all out to get poor little Alberta. :rolleyes:

Look at what you did to the western farmers with respect to farm machinery and what you are doing to the western oil producer with respect to hydrocarbon. It sucks.

Look at what you did to the western farmers with respect to farm machinery and what you are doing to the western oil producer with respect to hydrocarbon. It sucks.

Yes, I'm doing so much to poor Alberta...and Western farmers (I always thought Manitoba was in the west). It's time for westerners and Albertans especially to stop playing the victim card.

How many more ways can the East devise to rip Alberta off, ignoring their own economic mismanagement?

Carbon tax is just another hand into my pocket.

By the way, we might mine the fuel out here, but Ontarians burn it in their cars. The only proper tax would pass on all tax to the end consumer. Ontario/Quebec manufacturing and the millions of drivers out there.

Alberta should pay very little. 3 million drivers, little manufacturing. A true carbon user tax should be a Ontario/Quebec cost. They need to find better ways to manufacture and transport their people. Don't blame Alberta for supplying their habit... I'd rather keep the money in country than send it to Ghaddfi.

Alberta produces more wind power per capita than any other province. Does the Maritimes need to write me a cheque for all that oil and diesel they burn in their generators.

A true carbon tax would impact Alberta very little, maybe even positively. Unfortunately the carbon tax the Liberals and Ontarians/Quebecois have in mind is more like Suncor writing Charest a big cheque to spend on daycares and Quebec culture. That's not a real carbon tax.

Yah but just one oil Sands development puts out more Carbon then all the power produced in NS which has the highest rate of coal energy of any province. So that says something doesn't it?

Most farm machinery is now manufactured in western canada or the usa. The "ontario farm machinery manufacturers" went belly up.

So?

Its either mine for oil or join the americans on the unemployment line.

I am pointing out people can't come here and pretend Alberta is a different province then it is because it has some Windmills. Just one oil sands development produces more Carbon in a year then a province that operates on 90% coal power.

I am fine with that, however let's not try and pretend it is something it aint.

Sorry, your membership has been revoked. Get a job and apply again in a couple of years.

That's okay, I don't want to be part of the whiney west anyway. Any place that complains because they happen to be sitting on too much oil...well, that's just silly.

I am pointing out people can't come here and pretend Alberta is a different province then it is because it has some Windmills. Just one oil sands development produces more Carbon in a year then a province that operates on 90% coal power.

I don't know why people advocate "putting a price on carbon". It already has a price and it trades on the nymex. If al gore and his ilk want to justify taxing carbon, they can put their money where their mouth is and buy oil futures and bid up the price to reduce consumption.

I don't know why people advocate "putting a price on carbon". It already has a price and it trades on the nymex. If al gore and his ilk want to justify taxing carbon, they can put their money where their mouth is and buy oil futures and bid up the price to reduce consumption.

I don't care if we tax it or not if the price of oil keeps going up we will find an alternative sooner or later. I just wanted to point out we can't pretend Alberta doesn't put a lot of carbon out because it does.

Most farm machinery is now manufactured in western canada or the usa. The "ontario farm machinery manufacturers" went belly up.

Yes, and for good reason, but for how long did the old Liberals screw the farmers in western Canda. That started a great precident.

Yah but just one oil Sands development puts out more Carbon then all the power produced in NS which has the highest rate of coal energy of any province. So that says something doesn't it?

Yeah, an how big is NS. I figure three eveready 9 volts could cover it. But that's OK, they think they're important.

Edited by RNG

Hopefully y'all know you are responsible for ruining peoples health and causing mass tracts of land and species to be destroyed.

I think it is highly meaningful to turn oil sands devs into 0 emissions operations, that is have in built emissions systems in the devs. They are multibillion dollar companies racking in tons of profits, they can put some of that back into 0 emissions systems. Hell it should be mandatory as it is feasable and they have the assets to do it. Oilsands is BP horizon on a daily basis for the air.

Then you arses are playing as if you are making tap water from sweat, it screws with the environment and all our lives are made worse by that, where is our cut of the profits? We shouldn't be getting negatives and no compensation. Perhaps continuous class action suits for despoilment and health destruction are in order? Hmmm???

Its not all good don't make like it is. There is a social duty not to ruin other peoples lives for personal gain. It is recognized that is what the devs are doing, - they have the capacity to prevent it, it is negligence for them not to clean up... they should be sued for neglegence.

Bad things really are happening and anyone who defends that, and makes like no harm done, deserves to be shot on the spot because they really are social vermin decaying society like the cancer they cause.

This is only a drop in the bucket:

http://mostlywater.org/why_is_cancer_sweeping_tiny_fort_chipewyan

Edited by William Ashley

That oil isn't consumed in Alberta though. It's mostly consumed in the U.S. and Eastern Canada. It's not our fault the oil lays under our soil. We are simply fulfilling the energy demands of the rest of the continent/country. The reality is that transportation and manufacturing consume most of this oil. That's an Ontario/Quebec problem. Not an Alberta one.

You guys should be writing us huge cheques because of the environmental efforts we need to implement due to your demand. We don't burn the dirty fuel, that's you guys. It just happens to be under the surface of our province.

Hopefully y'all know you are responsible for ruining peoples health and causing mass tracts of land and species to be destroyed.

Actually, that's you. Go buy an electric car and farm your own vegetables and meat. Otherwise you need to stop complaining about our oil. Stop buying ANY goods shipped anywhere. Make your own clothes from the sheep in your pasture.

If you're not doing that, you are a hypocrit.

It's there, for you. When you're ready to spend $70k on an electric car (charged by your small scale hydro project in the backyard) and several million on an acreage big enough to support sustainence farming, then start complaining about the oil sands.

Cars and the transportation of goods in this country emit several times the amount of CO2 compared the oil sands. That's your problem, not Alberta's.

All this Eastern high on their horse mentality about CO2. What utter rubbish. Telling us in Alberta to spend tens of thousands per capita in carbon sequestration while they still drive their internal combustion cars and buy shipped good.

YOU go spend the tens of thousands. Then come whine to us. Until then, we simply don't care about what Ottawa has to say. And if you push too hard, watch out. No oil, no money. Yikes.

Sorry, you have misunderstood the basic nature of Canadian economics and the very soul of the confederation if you think money flows into Alberta. I think it has something to do with gravity and the landscaping/grading around the edges of the province.

Are you trying to tell us that Quebec is a vast sucking hole with a Canadian Tax Money magnet at the bottom?