I love the media and all but these typo's may not be typos

I generally report these but can you believe papers are able to make these little mistakes.

It is not difficult to mistake an 8 for a 9 but in this instance it is suprising

Its share of the popular vote, better than 40% in 2000, was barely 26% in 2008. The Liberal share of the popular vote had never been lower since John A. Macdonald whipped George Brown’s Liberals in Canada’s very first election in 1967.
by DAVID AKIN, Parliamentary Bureau Chief

The story itself may be a little more relevant - as it is talking about the "presumed" up and coming election.

http://www.torontosun.com/news/canada/2010/12/21/16632546.html

Is it a gaff for a reason?

The real issue in all this is..

you need a facebook account to comment in the sun..... these days....

an american company... account is required to comment in a canadian paper..

This is turning into "a climax point or perhaps point of no return - for massive takeover of Canada by american interests.. unlike has ever been seen before..

and this as communications companies are set to be able to be taken over by non Canadian ownership and operation........

it is massive if you think about it.. and all this without any rights gained to balance it out. - the opposite is true... more infringement on rights.. and more policing and invasion of Canadians self determination...

woe is we woe is we.

Edited by William Ashley

The real issue in all this is.. you need a facebook account to comment in the sun..... these days.... an american company... account is required to comment in a canadian paper..

Send a letter, via Canada Post, to the editors of the Sun for this outrage.

This is turning into "a climax point or perhaps point of no return - for massive takeover of Canada by american interests.. unlike has ever been seen before..

I am betting your "before" is not as extensive as my "before." For example, where were you when they were scrapping the Avro Aero? How about the NHL? What about all those Yanks at QB in the CFL?

and this as communications companies are set to be able to be taken over by non Canadian ownership and operation........

Oh, right. Take our nickel and steel, but don't you dare touch our TV!

it is massive if you think about it.. and all this without any rights gained to balance it out. - the opposite is true... more infringement on rights.. and more policing and invasion of Canadians self determination...

Without rights you say? Where were you when they were talking abot Free Trade? Oh God no! Not Free Trade! We're doomed! We're doomed I tells ya!

woe is we woe is we.

No. Thankfully "woe" is just you. :P

Edited by Shwa

The story was corrected .. now for those who didn't catch it in time.

I am betting your "before" is not as extensive as my "before." For example, where were you when they were scrapping the Avro Aero? How about the NHL? What about all those Yanks at QB in the CFL?

My grandfather worked on the arrow as an electrician, he passed away recently. I'm just barely precharter. I grew up with the end of the cold war - introduction of cable TV - matel - wrestling - ateam - and canadian programming such as captain power and the soilders of the future. So no most of my view is in retrospect. I moved a lot as a kid but had a very "calm" childhood.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M678PVOf5F0

they actually had toys that interacted with the TV set... including ejecting you from the toy. You don't get interacting TV like that anymore.

Without rights you say? Where were you when they were talking abot Free Trade? Oh God no! Not Free Trade! We're doomed! We're doomed I tells ya!

I think it opened markets up a bit back then, but at a cost to Canadian businesses in the long run.

I didn't get the chance to understand the issue of free trade until after. And no I'm not against free trade as long as "overall costing is added in" example unfair market practices dumping and monopolization. The main issue with nafta is trade restriction on regionality example no east west trade. It lowers self sufficiency for Canadians.

Edited by William Ashley