Julian Assange's Really Creepy Emails

Shady

There is a huge difference between the rights of someone arrested, say, for a bank robbery and one who, on the front lines of a battle in the field is lobbing grenades at our soldiers. I consider Assange to be closer to the latter category.

Closer....?....as in hundreds of miles (if not thousands) away , in regular street clothes working a job without any grenades real or imagined?

An orange is closer to a walrus than Assange is to lobbing grenades.

But yeah..........close.

Edited by guyser

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is assange releasing personal information about people who are trying to get laid or is he releasing information about what our governments / representatives are really doing behind closed doors?

Assange has been very irresponsible. Most of what he's released isn't about what "our" governments/representatives are doing behind closed doors, but what they're saying. Why do you need to know somebody's personal opinion of the French President? Why do you need to know that Mahmoud Abbas was working to minimize Hamas? Why should that be made public? Do you idiots realize that just makes his job more difficult? It's pathetic you're defending that.

Assange has been very irresponsible. Most of what he's released isn't about what "our" governments/representatives are doing behind closed doors, but what they're saying. Why do you need to know somebody's personal opinion of the French President? Why do you need to know that Mahmoud Abbas was working to minimize Hamas? Why should that be made public? Do you idiots realize that just makes his job more difficult? It's pathetic you're defending that.

Whos being irresponsible? What clueless tripe. Why dont you ask your own government why they cant secure data, or why dont you take your ankle biting poodle act to the media outlets that are really the ones releasing the data?

It's like you said yourself, we don't know what they're doing behind closed doors.

Once again, I'll ask the question. Why should Abbas working against Hamas be made public? That only makes the job of a peace deal more difficult. Why should personal opinions of world leaders be made public? Why service does it provide? Does it aid in diplomacy? Nope. Assange has been irresponsible in the information released. Some of it was worth while, much of it wasn't.

You do realize what you're defending don't you, I mean who's side of the door are you on anyway?

I'm on the side of logic and reason. You people are on the side of emotion and a perverted sense of retribution. I don't mind if officials are exposed for their illegal actions. But that's hardly been the case with WikiLeaks.

There is a huge difference between the rights of someone arrested, say, for a bank robbery and one who, on the front lines of a battle in the field is lobbing grenades at our soldiers. I consider Assange to be closer to the latter category.

Well then youve utterly lost touch with reality. Its a shame.

I'm in touch with reality. It's Assange's defenders who aren't.

I can't find a single constructive motive for revealing private cables. The only purpose I can fathom is to put governmental officials' lives in danger, adn to queer back-channel peace efforts.

I can't find a single constructive motive for revealing private cables. The only purpose I can fathom is to put governmental officials' lives in danger, adn to queer back-channel peace efforts.

Not in this case I dont.

Full disclosure and all that.....you know, like in a court?

I cant find a single constructive motive for NOT revealing private cables.

I cant find a single constructive motive for NOT revealing private cables.
Does that apply to Assange's sexual proclivities now that he's thrust himself, voluntarily, into the public arena.

Once again, I'll ask the question. Why should Abbas working against Hamas be made public? That only makes the job of a peace deal more difficult.

Probably not as difficult as trying to sell a cooked deal made behind a closed door will be.

Why should personal opinions of world leaders be made public?

Because they're making and recording them while working in the public's interest - they're working in the public's domain, not their own.

Why service does it provide?

It lets us know if we're getting good value and effective results for the service we're paying for and need. You just expect people to take the government's word?

Does it aid in diplomacy? Nope.

The real question should be, is diplomacy aiding us? My sense is no because it looks like the source of much of the insecurity and conflict in the world can in fact be laid at the feet of the very same sorts of people and illegal activities these leaks reveal.

Assange has been irresponsible in the information released. Some of it was worth while, much of it wasn't.

I'll believe you actually believe that when I see you also demanding to know why, despite all our side's denials, we're still aligned with countries, regimes and people who use torture and murder to help achieve our goals.

I'm on the side of logic and reason. You people are on the side of emotion and a perverted sense of retribution.

You have a perverted sense of obedience to authority not too mention who our friends and allies should be.

I don't mind if officials are exposed for their illegal actions. But that's hardly been the case with WikiLeaks.

Oh so you do mind that we're aligned with officials in other countries who illegally torture and murder people? I say you're full of shit myself.

You dont even seem to understand what wikileaks IS and what it DOES. The US had already lost control of this information before it ever got to him. The cat was out of the bag. All wikileaks does with the data that gets uploaded to their servers is show it to media outlets... those media outlets then decide if theyre newsworthy, and those media outlets are the ones that actually publish the information.

Wheres your anger towards them? Where your anger towards the leaker? Wheres your anger towards your own government for having such shitty security? CRICKETS.

Instead... you add your voice to the DUMBEST CHOIR ON EARTH and start blabbing on about how the publicity guy for wikileaks is a terrorist.

Seriously sad and pathetic.

Once again, I'll ask the question. Why should Abbas working against Hamas be made public? That only makes the job of a peace deal more difficult. Why should personal opinions of world leaders be made public? Why service does it provide? Does it aid in diplomacy? Nope. Assange has been irresponsible in the information released. Some of it was worth while, much of it wasn't.

I'm on the side of logic and reason. You people are on the side of emotion and a perverted sense of retribution. I don't mind if officials are exposed for their illegal actions. But that's hardly been the case with WikiLeaks.

But that's hardly been the case with WikiLeaks.

Sure it is. They exposed the British government trying to cover up toxic waste dumping, they exposed the Japanese government from hiding the severity of nuclear reactor leaks, they dumped documents showing human rights abuses in Myanmar, and they exposed an attack on Google by the chinese government.

They dont have ANY obligation to keep help anybody keep secrets. They merely need to decide if its news worthy, and if it is its given to the media who then sort through it all and run stories on it.

Why should Abbas working against Hamas be made public?

Secure the gawd damn data if you dont want it public.

Does that apply to Assange's sexual proclivities now that he's thrust himself, voluntarily, into the public arena.

In his case , on one hand it is live by the sword die by it.

On the other hand nothing revealed about his sexual proclivities is embarassing in my estimation. It is a selective target , not the way wiki works, but there are those who want to pin anything on him, including bogus (IME) sex charges.

In his case , on one hand it is live by the sword die by it.

On the other hand nothing revealed about his sexual proclivities is embarassing in my estimation. It is a selective target , not the way wiki works, but there are those who want to pin anything on him, including bogus (IME) sex charges.

I don't know, I think what these people are really up to is comparing Assange's alleged private sexual peccadilloes to things like the murderous activities of our governments and proclaiming that Assange is the real threat to global security. It's certainly what they seem to believe.

Edited by eyeball

It's certainly what they seem to believe.

No it is what they want "us" to believe, and they want their collective asses covered.

Good lord, half the worlds leaders are probably getting some strange every other night and no one really cares about that, for good reason.Who really cares who screwing who , apart from the Yanks.

Look at Berlisconi (sp?) , I like knowing that he is getting rich off contacts thru Putin, so much so that there is 1 , one, uno, person working on Russia and its territories in Itlay's STate dept.....Berlesconi and Putin make all the deals.

The more the worlds collective heads of state are embarassed and exposed will be the start, hopefully, of change in how they all operate.

Edited by guyser

In a Thursday interview with Fox Business, Paul said that Julian Assange should get the same kind of protections as the mainstream media when it comes to releasing information.

"In a free society we're supposed to know the truth," Paul said. "In a society where truth becomes treason, then we're in big trouble. And now, people who are revealing the truth are getting into trouble for it."

"This is media, isn't it? I mean, why don't we prosecute The New York Times or anybody that releases this?" he added.

CBS

when jbg, the radical leftist lawyer, shady, scarlett and the rest of the usual suspects advocate gagging wikileaks, they're promoting fascism.

No it is what they want "us" to believe, and they want their collective asses covered.

Good lord, half the worlds leaders are probably getting some strange every other night and no one really cares about that, for good reason.Who really cares who screwing who , apart from the Yanks.

Look at Berlisconi (sp?) , I like knowing that he is getting rich off contacts thru Putin, so much so that there is 1 , one, uno, person working on Russia and its territories in Itlay's STate dept.....Berlesconi and Putin make all the deals.

The more the worlds collective heads of state are embarassed and exposed will be the start, hopefully, of change in how they all operate.

I hear you but what I was really pointing out when I said they is how really really creepy it is that so many ordinary little people like you and me are so perfectly content to grant the government's of the world all the secrecy in the world. It's so creepy it's grotesque and perverted.

Above all else it's deeply depressing, it feels like we're moving beyond hope. The future looks as black as any of histories darkest moments. It looks positively un-illuminated and people still want to draw the shades even tighter.

In a Thursday interview with Fox Business, Paul said that Julian Assange should get the same kind of protections as the mainstream media when it comes to releasing information.

"In a free society we're supposed to know the truth," Paul said. "In a society where truth becomes treason, then we're in big trouble. And now, people who are revealing the truth are getting into trouble for it."

"This is media, isn't it? I mean, why don't we prosecute The New York Times or anybody that releases this?" he added.

CBS

when jbg, the radical leftist lawyer, shady, scarlett and the rest of the usual suspects advocate gagging wikileaks, they're promoting fascism.

Under US law he DOES have those protections.

In Lovell v. City of Griffin, 303 U.S. 444 (1938), Chief Justice Hughes defined the press as, "every sort of publication which affords a vehicle of information and opinion."
Edited by dre

Under US law his persecution can simply be outsourced to an ally where he won't be protected.

And now we know why France is such a good friend to the US. They have laws that allow for holding people without conviction nor with trials.....and they can do so for quite a long time.

All anyone has to do is alert France that such and such will be on a plane that will refuel in France....voila, Perp A is now held and not likely to see the light of day

I hear you but what I was really pointing out when I said they is how really really creepy it is that so many ordinary little people like you and me are so perfectly content to grant the government's of the world all the secrecy in the world. It's so creepy it's grotesque and perverted.

Above all else it's deeply depressing, it feels like we're moving beyond hope. The future looks as black as any of histories darkest moments. It looks positively un-illuminated and people still want to draw the shades even tighter.

I dont suscribe to the bleak scenario you do, for the naive reason/hope that there are, hopefully, enough people on govt to change or want to change.

Shine the light on all of it, if someone gets killed over it well.....so be it.