Whiny Poor People

Argus

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am glad to see that for the most part we all agree that it takes some idiots tp istake vadalism with legitimate protest, and that they have little to do with those they claim to "speak for".

How do we deal with them then? Watercannons seems to be a good answer to me. And treating them like the vandals and criminals they are.

I am glad to see that for the most part we all agree that it takes some idiots tp istake vadalism with legitimate protest, and that they have little to do with those they claim to "speak for".

How do we deal with them then? Watercannons seems to be a good answer to me. And treating them like the vandals and criminals they are.

I can't help but wonder what sort of vandalism a person in Argus' position could commit? If for example you detested certain hard-won Canadian values and you thought reducing Canada to a bickering polarized country would help advance your cause how would you go about it?

I often wonder about things like the sentencing or paroling of people in certain cases that almost seems designed to outrage people and cause them to demand all sorts of things we often see people like Argus promoting. Things like a swifter harsher justice system, prison-camps, the death penalty, etc.

It seems there is always a steady trickle of little galvanizing events that have been causing our country to fall into political chaos. I can't help but wonder how many can be attributed to some vandal on the inside who is deliberately trying to get Canadians riled up against each other. What better position to do it from than inside?

How do we deal with these shit-disturbers?

Guest TrueMetis

I'm a productive member of society and always have been. And the day I put on a ski mask and gloves, and pick up a club to smash things that don't belong to me because I'm angry at the government you can accuse me of hypocrisy.

Ofcourse, that presumes you even know what the term means, which, from what I can gather from your numerous snivelling posts, is unlikely.

What do you do exactly? Is it useful? Or is it really just a useless make-work job? Aka welfare.

Edited by TrueMetis

These types also stand for a strong and union-protected civil service, which provides your living. I'm sure you can see why some of us here are confused, as the tone of your language makes one wonder if you realize which side your bread is buttered on.

I don't need liberals to protect my job. And the public service could stand a fair bit of pruning if it was done properly. The Liberals haven't been any kinder to the public service than the Conservatives.

Edited by Argus

Argus, you have no idea what you're talking about. There's poor people. Then there is the type of horrendously poor and homeless and drug users like those that reside in Vancouver's downtown lower east side. You, along with most of us here, have absolutely no clue the horror and pain these people have gone through in their lives. Many of them were abused as children or came from despicable homes altogether.

I wonder how "whiny" you'd be if you're dad was giving you blowjobs when you were 5 years old. Get a clue.

Cry me a river. None of those black-clad individuals wielding hammers looked to be weak from near-starvation. This country gives people more opportunities than any society in history. You have to be some kind of loser to be a healthy young adult male on welfare. And you have to be even more of a loser to have such a sense of entitlement you get violent that the government is spending some money on other than you.

I'm pretty sure those protesters you're pissed off at are so pissed off themselves because they have reason to believe the government is just as mean-spirited as you at heart.

If the government was as "mean spirited" as I was, every one of them would have been arrested, shaved, implanted with a locator chip, then shipped off to a prison farm for a year or so of hard labour.

Then your argument is with Argus. He is in absolute disagreement with you, as the very thesis of his post insists.

Not actually. I'm assuming that the black-clad vermin have no actual jobs, nor intentions of ever acquiring any, and so live on welfare, with a sense of agrieved entitlement that their welfare does not include a palatial home with swimming pool and servants.

Boy, that didn't go according to plan, eh Argus!

If you think I post things here seeking agreement you really haven't been reading any of my posts over the past few years.

What good is it if people agree with me? That doesn't give me anyone to argue with.

If the government was as "mean spirited" as I was, every one of them would have been arrested, shaved, implanted with a locator chip, then shipped off to a prison farm for a year or so of hard labour.

Well you probably won't have as long to wait as you think for the government to follow your lead. I think there are more Canadians who think like you everyday.

Keep it up, you're obviously making a difference.

Well you probably won't have as long to wait as you think for the government to follow your lead. I think there are more Canadians who think like you everyday.

Keep it up, you're obviously making a difference.

Harsh treatment for criminals, especially vandals, is always a popular idea. But shaving heads, electronic chips, extermination? Not happening anytime soon.

Edited by CANADIEN

you a fan of Hitler by any chance.

People have the right to do whatever they want with their lives even if it may not contribute to society, it is their life let them live however they wish.

Given the former is on the verge of becoming a popular law, the latter will probably become popular soon enough.

A Robocop society in the making. Striving to be cuba or china is nothing to be proud of.

Protest is apart of Freedom of Expression and so is undue punishment. Good luck unilaterally changing what's in the charter. Any of your fantasies will be thrown out by the senate never making into Law and if it did get by the senate the court would throw it out for violating the Charter.

The only way to deal with unruly protest is through water cannons, pepper spray, and any other counter measure to ensure peace. That's the limits of what is allowed, deal with it.

A Robocop society in the making. Striving to be cuba or china is nothing to be proud of.

Protest is apart of Freedom of Expression and so is undue punishment. Good luck unilaterally changing what's in the charter. Any of your fantasies will be thrown out by the senate never making into Law and if it did get by the senate the court would throw it out for violating the Charter.

The only way to deal with unruly protest is through water cannons, pepper spray, and any other counter measure to ensure peace. That's the limits of what is allowed, deal with it.

Are you certain you're responding to the right poster?

They're certainly not my fantasies.

It used to be conservatives were afraid of being seen as too harsh, now liberals are afraid of being seen as not harsh enough. This push-me pull-you feedback mechanism, via each swing of the political pendulum or electoral cycle, is resulting in less civil liberties and more power for the state. It used to be that these swings resulted in a more liberal society but I think the days of that trend are clearly behind us.

Edited by eyeball

They're certainly not my fantasies.

It used to be conservatives were afraid of being seen as too harsh, now liberals are afraid of being seen as not harsh enough. This push-me pull-you feedback mechanism, via each swing of the political pendulum or electoral cycle, is resulting in less civil liberties and more power for the state. It used to be that these swings resulted in a more liberal society but I think the days of that trend are clearly behind us.

Agreeing with Argus?? Come on, what does a government employee insulated by his union knows what reality is? I was merely saying any new laws created would not make it through the senate. If the law did it would be thrown out for violating the charter. Changing the charter to accomplish what argus would like to happen, won't happen anytime soon.

you a fan of Hitler by any chance.

No, nor morons who bring Hitler into unrelated discussions.

People have the right to do whatever they want with their lives even if it may not contribute to society, it is their life let them live however they wish.

Absolutely. What they don't have the right to is violently insisting I subsidize their laziness and uselessness and ignorance. I'm perfectly willing to let them not work, and to starve to death in peace as long as they don't attack anything with clubs.

There is a median path between totolitarian dictatorships, and allowing violent vermin to infest the streets.

I don't think the Charter would have a problem with slamming someone into prison for a year for rioting. It might not like forced labour - not sure - but I have no problem ripping up the Charter. It's a piece of crap which protects no one and was designed to make billions for lawyers - which is all it's accomplished to date.

I'd like to see the links you have--which, of course, you MUST have, because conservative values insists against deceit--proving that the protesters are all on welfare.

Most people over the age of ten would realize that you don't need links to support something when you clearly state it's your assumption. Then again, most people over ten could probably express themselves in writing more coherently than you.

Edited by Argus

Most people over the age of ten would realize that you don't need links to support something when you clearly state it's your assumption. Then again, most people over ten could probably express themselves in writing more coherently than you.

Sure, I understand that presenting your opinion as a given, in repeated declarative statements, and without a whit of information or reality to back it up, is SOP for reactionary bullies.

As for your remarks about coherent writing, let's select just one turd from the sewer that is your opening salvo against..well, decent human compassion, I suppose:

It's got masses of people who are of no earthly value to anyone, including themselves; criminals, lowlifes, junkies and welfare lifers.

A person who cannot distinguish between a semicolon and a colon might be better to refrain from insulting other people's "coherence."

There is a median path between totolitarian dictatorships, and allowing violent vermin to infest the streets.

I don't think the Charter would have a problem with slamming someone into prison for a year for rioting. It might not like forced labour - not sure - but I have no problem ripping up the Charter. It's a piece of crap which protects no one and was designed to make billions for lawyers - which is all it's accomplished to date.

To get rid of the charter would require a vote in accordance with the ammending formula of the 1982 constitution. Good luck getting that off the ground. The only way to deal with violent protestors is with equal measures of rubber bullets, tear gas, video surveillance, once they are neutralized they can dealt by the law in accordance with the Charter and whatever other laws out there.

Repressing protest is contrary to democratic state.

A person who cannot distinguish between a semicolon and a colon might be better to refrain from insulting other people's "coherence."

I don't think there are enough smiley LOLs on this web site for me to properly express my opinion of someone who defends themselves by sputtering about my improper use of a semi-colon.