Canada caters to France and their cultural ideologies

Leafless

I really pity poor English speaking Canadians who are having their linguistic and cultural rights, jobs destroyed by French Canadians and minorities who use Nazi type government language legislation to accomplish this.

I really pity the poor English Canadians who spew this kind of juvenile nonsense because it makes them look like a type of Nazi.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"To patronize ones country" simply means a person who supports their country.

Thanks for the English translation.

And that support could be in the form patriotism, nationalism, loyalty or any other word one chooses to describe attachment to their country.

And the highest form of attachment to one's country is to defend the rights of its citizens. (NOTE; WHAT FOLLOWS IS SARCASM) About time you start "patronizing" Canada. :D (AND OF SARCASM)

Typical response of a French propagandist or one who is loyal to Quebec, like you.

Typical proof that you are too paranoid to get it.

Canadien wrote:

"Oh really? And I thought the Act granted equal status to English and French in federal institutions in ALL the country, including Quebec. After all, it's what it DOES "

That is only part of it.

The principles of the Act are:

http://www2.parl.gc.ca/Content/LOP/ResearchPublications/prb0423-e.htm

So it seems the OLA is an important Act relating to the promoting of French in the ROC, especially in Ontario.

Next time you want to counter my statement of FACTS about the OLA stating English and French have equal status, do yourself a favour and do not post something that says exactly that. :D

Kate Jaimet - For the past decade, statistician Charles Castonguay has been predicting the demise of francophone communities outside of Quebec.

Now, with census data showing a continuing slide in native French-speakers outside Quebec, he says it’s time to cut off federal government life-support to the shrinking franco-phone outposts.

Similarly, the number of people who registered French as their mother tongue sank by 13 per cent in Newfoundland, 10 per cent in Saskatchewan, and also declined in P.E.I., Nova Scotia, New Brunsick and Manitoba.

Ontario posted a modest 0.7 per cent gain in the number of native francophones, but this did not keep pace with the overall population increase. A similar trend could be found in B.C. and Alberta.

In Newfoundland, there were only 25 babies between the ages of zero and four whose mother tongue was registered as French on the 2006 census.

"There are places where it’s almost catastrophic," Ms. Routhier-Boudreau admitted.

The declines in French as a mother tongue and a language of daily living continue a longstanding trend in Canada. The trend hasn’t reversed, despite the 2003 federal Action Plan for Official Languages which committed the government to spending an additional $750 million.

Ms. Routhier-Boudreau said the amount of spending must increase beyond $750 million. "It’s clearly insufficient," she said. "We obviously have to talk about billions."

Ms. Routhier-Boudreau said federal and provincial governments, families, and the private sector must all contribute to creating communities where people can live, work, and enjoy leisure activities in French.

http://www.vigile.net/Stop-giving-millions-to-dying

The demise of the French language has been predicted since 1763 - that's 237 years ago. It will still be predicted 237 years from now.

Edited by CANADIEN

I really pity the poor English Canadians who spew this kind of juvenile nonsense because it makes them look like a type of Nazi.

(WARNING: WHAT FOLLOWS IS SARCASM) Now now, Leafless has a point here. I, for example, had a soft spot for all those poor children that were eaten by the witch before Hansel and Gretel triomphed over her. Then I realized it was a fairy tale.... Exactly like those fairy tales about people being deprived of their rights because there are signs in French alongside Ontario highways... or English on business signs in Quebec, for that matter.(END OF SARCASM)

Next time you want to counter my statement of FACTS about the OLA stating English and French have equal status, do yourself a favour and do not post something that says exactly that.

I will repeat: The OLA is a corrupt document and does NOTHING for the advancement and protection and advancement of the English language in Quebec.

The demise of the French language has been predicted since 1763 - that's 237 years ago.

Thanks to corrupt dysfunctional governments and English speaking tax payers who WILL NOT stand up for the rights of their large English speaking majority.

It will still be predicted 237 years from now.

And I predict Canada will be bankrupt and non-existent,long before 237 years from now.

I will repeat: The OLA is a corrupt document and does NOTHING for the advancement and protection and advancement of the English language in Quebec.

I will repeat. The OLA recognizes the exact equality of status of English and French in fedreal laws, institutions and services.

And no matter how often you repeat the same clueless statement, you will still be clueless.

Edited by CANADIEN

The demise of the French language has been predicted since 1763 - that's 237 years ago.

Thanks to corrupt dysfunctional governments and English speaking tax payers who WILL NOT stand up for the rights of their large English speaking majority.

Let's put a side for one moment that there is nothing dysfunctional or corrupt in recognizing the rights of Canadians, and that there is nothing in federal laws that is detrimental to the linguistic rights of Canadians.

If you had not been assleep during history classes, you would know that the preservation of the French language in this great country called Canada was, for most of our history, achieved DESPITE government actions, from the Durham Report to Manitoba violating the Constitution for more than 90 years to Ontario regulations banning the teaching of French, among other things. Federal language policies since the 1960's have merely confirmed what was already self-evident... French-speaking Canadians, and their language, are fully Canadian.

And I predict Canada will be bankrupt and non-existent,long before 237 years from now.

Canada should be able to survive without the discriminatory policies you advocate.

Edited by CANADIEN

???

The fact that the French langauage hasn't met its DEMISE is evidence of the English-speaking folks being screwed over by the government?

Holy cow. And here I've lived happily in New Brunswick, an English speaker in a province that is 30% French, and never once been screwed over by the evil French.

I didn't even know that their very existence threatens my rights. Thanks for informing me. I gotta go break up with my evil Acadien girlfriend now.

???

The fact that the French langauage hasn't met its DEMISE is evidence of the English-speaking folks being screwed over by the government?

Holy cow. And here I've lived happily in New Brunswick, an English speaker in a province that is 30% French, and never once been screwed over by the evil French.

I didn't even know that their very existence threatens my rights. Thanks for informing me. I gotta go break up with my evil Acadien girlfriend now.

Am Acadian girlfriend? You traitor BTW, sounds that in this case you and a Francophone are screwing each other:D

Edited by CANADIEN

Canada is a middle power that exercises diplomacy through partnership. This includes the UN, the commonwealth, la francophonie, NATO, NORAD, etc. I'm not sure why la francophonie need be singled out as a poor enterprise. They do as much good as the commonwealth, and we do as much good through it.

???

Same for me. I'm a toronto born-and-raised anglo who now lives in québec. My son is embraced in french school and I live with linguistically accommodating people. I wish more canadians had the opportunity to experience this... maybe they'd be less resentful.

Edited by dizzy

You are talking early history and has nothing to do with the Canada we know since confederation.

It was Britain who won Canada and gave us the country.

France deserted their own people.

Really? I suggest you start being honest about Canada's real history. As for abondoned why has britain abondoned the anglos of Canada? Forget the Queen, the Brits want nothing to do with you English Canadians. What's up with that? Not only that, the English that became the first settlers of Canada ran from fighting for American Independence. To do this the English ancestors must have really loved Britain and the Queen. Why are you not showing your love for your queen? Now look at you, American's who know history don't want cowards and traitors to freedom polluting their countries moral and the Brits have back handed and abondoned you English Canadians.

So what are you leafless, an American Reject. an abondoned Brit, or a Queen lover?

Really? I suggest you start being honest about Canada's real history. As for abondoned why has britain abondoned the anglos of Canada? Forget the Queen, the Brits want nothing to do with you English Canadians. What's up with that? Not only that, the English that became the first settlers of Canada ran from fighting for American Independence. To do this the English ancestors must have really loved Britain and the Queen. Why are you not showing your love for your queen? Now look at you, American's who know history don't want cowards and traitors to freedom polluting their countries moral and the Brits have back handed and abondoned you English Canadians.

So what are you leafless, an American Reject. an abondoned Brit, or a Queen lover?

Another one who fell asleep during history class.

Ever heard of the United Empire Loyalists? They formed the bulk of the original settlers of British origin in what is now Ontario, Quebec and New Brunswick. From the Canadian Encyclopadia:

Loyalists were those born or living in the American colonies at the outbreak of the Revolution who rendered substantial service to the royal cause during the war, and who left the US by the end of the war or soon after.

Many of those Loyalists FOUGHT in auxiliary units on the British side. Others were forced to move, not because even to dare express an opinion opposed to the Revolution resulted in them being attacked by mobs, thrown in jail, deprived of their proporties. In both cases, not what I would call cowardise.

Now, I'll sit back and watch the two more clueless posters on mapleleafweb entertain us.

Another one who fell asleep during history class.

Ever heard of the United Empire Loyalists? They formed the bulk of the original settlers of British origin in what is now Ontario, Quebec and New Brunswick. From the Canadian Encyclopadia:

Many of those Loyalists FOUGHT in auxiliary units on the British side. Others were forced to move, not because even to dare express an opinion opposed to the Revolution resulted in them being attacked by mobs, thrown in jail, deprived of their proporties. In both cases, not what I would call cowardise.

Now, I'll sit back and watch the two more clueless posters on mapleleafweb entertain us.

Well actually not quite.....

The UELs did come to Canada and increase the populations but there was a well established French Canadian population in Upper and Lower Canada long before that. Just prior to the Royal Proclamation 1763, the Iroquois were in considerable negotiations with both the French and the British over the settlement of their lands in Canada. Since the British won, the Iroquois were able to secure the lands under the agreement and the net result was the Royal Proclamation of 1763...which BTW prohibited the expansion of British settlements onto "Indian Lands" (something that was a source of irritation on their lands in the US).

The French populations did not just disappear, they became part of the the whole settlement - some moving west and north.....

Edited by charter.rights

Really? I suggest you start being honest about Canada's real history. As for abondoned why has britain abondoned the anglos of Canada?

Britain did not abandon English speaking Canadians.

Britain gave us the BNA Act and laws relating to our freedoms.

Canada was created through confederation.

Forget the Queen, the Brits want nothing to do with you English Canadians. What's up with that? Not only that, the English that became the first settlers of Canada ran from fighting for American Independence. To do this the English ancestors must have really loved Britain and the Queen. Why are you not showing your love for your queen?

All Canadians show their love to the Queen with Canada being a Constitutional Monarchy.

Now look at you, American's who know history don't want cowards and traitors to freedom polluting their countries moral and the Brits have back handed and abondoned you English Canadians.

It is traitors and freedom polluters that have destroyed the rights of White, Christian, English speaking Canadians.

I am simply a Canadian that does NOT subscribe to multicultural Nazism nor official tribalism.

Edited by Leafless

Britain did not abandon English speaking Canadians.

Britain gave us the BNA Act and laws relating to our freedoms.

Canada was created through confederation.

All Canadians show their love to the Queen with Canada being a Constitutional Monarchy.

It is traitors and freedom polluters that have destroyed the rights of White, Christian, English speaking Canadians.

I am simply a Canadian that does NOT subscribe to multicultural Nazism nor official tribalism.

You are stating France abondoned Quebec, not so. As the King of France was the might behind the eventual creation of the United States. Part of the Motive was to get Canada back. Afterwords France was thrown into revolution and the Kings of France were no more and Quebec was lost in the mix.

http://en.wikisource.org/wiki/Vive_le_Qu%C3%A9bec_libre_speech

Vive le Québec libre speech by President of France Charles de Gaulle

This is what I have come this evening to say, and that I will bring back from this unforgettable Montréal reunion, an unforgetable souvenir! The entirety of France knows, sees, hears that which is happening here, and I would tell you, she is better for it!

Long live Montreal!

Long live Quebec!

Long live free Quebec!

Long live, long live... long live French Canada!

And long live France!

On two occasions you had the Monarchy of France Trying to Gain Quebec and years later you had a Speech by the President of France to the people of Quebec. Abondoned? not Quite.

As for Britain, the only one looking at Canada is the Queen. The British People could care less about English Canadians. You are left to whine and cry as the conservatives and liberals take turns picking the pockets of Canada while you are crying over Quebec. If you don't like the present state of Canada, you should direct your efforts towards those responsible: The liberals and the conservatives.

On two occasions you had the Monarchy of France Trying to Gain Quebec and years later you had a Speech by the President of France to the people of Quebec. Abondoned? not Quite.

France abandoned her people after the Treaty of Paris.

It was the British who gave the French Quebec.

As for Britain, the only one looking at Canada is the Queen. The British People could care less about English Canadians. You are left to whine and cry as the conservatives and liberals take turns picking the pockets of Canada while you are crying over Quebec. If you don't like the present state of Canada, you should direct your efforts towards those responsible: The liberals and the conservatives.

Quebec is the root cause of political unrest in Canada.

Edited by Leafless