Canada caters to France and their cultural ideologies

Leafless

Until now, I only thought you were clueless. Now I realize I was wrong. You fell asleep during history class and are still sleep-typing.

In my school we taught real Canadian history and not the politically correct altered meaningless history you base the majority of your post on in threads like this one.

You believe in fairy tales, I don't.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Canadians are certainly NOT the result of promiscuous Aboriginals (Metis).

The British gave us the country of Canada and the country was built basically by White, Christian immigrants who spoke English or learned English and who are still the majority.

And it is not hard to understand why Britain wanted to unload the Canada they gave us.

Of course it was mostly the settlers and traders that took up native wives. For some reason many preferred native women (who were by the way equals to their men) over British women. Might have something to do with pale complexions, crooked teeth and the fact that native women were far cleaner than British women of the same era.

But of course you are deluded. This country was built on the backs of immigrants from all over the world. It continues to be built by them today. But it was the metis, with their allied native friends that open the countryside to exploration and eventual development. The British didn't have the stomach for it.

And actually, we are no more like the British than we are the Jamaicans. Canadian society was built by a settler society of metis people who not only toiled side by side with their native neighbours but depended on them and learned by them. The British settlers were not even here at 1763 and without their Six Nations allies, they might still be fighting the Americans for some colonial soil.

I would remind you that all of Upper Canada was under the jurisdiction of the Six Nations when the British made their Royal Proclamation 1763 and little has changed. Ontario and much of Canada still belongs to or is controlled by treaty with various First Nations. We have an obligation to them for allowing us to live on their land.

Care to translate "patronage to one's country" into English?

Something minority Quebec was unable to do until they got a string of Quebec PM's working for Quebec to support Quebec's fanatical cultural ideologies.

And I fear ghosts. Well... we both fear figments of our imagination.

Cicero was right:

"For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist."

In my school we taught real Canadian history (...)

I have no doubt about. And Canadian history is fascinating. You should have stayed awakw for it

You believe in fairy tales, I don't.

You still cannot get sarcasm, can you? I do not believe in fairy tells. But they would be more interesting, and believable, than what you believe in.

I would remind you that all of Upper Canada was under the jurisdiction of the Six Nations when the British made their Royal Proclamation 1763 and little has changed. Ontario and much of Canada still belongs to or is controlled by treaty with various First Nations. We have an obligation to them for allowing us to live on their land.

Leafless is not the only one who fell asleep during history class. First Nations other than the Six-Nations have a far better claim to occupancy (and therefore ownership) by 1763.

Edited by CANADIEN

Back to Haiti:

So Montreal is the host city relating to a one day meeting regarding Haiti's reconstruction.

Canadian Foreign Affairs Minister Lawrence Cannon welcomed more than a dozen foreign ministers, development groups and financial groups, telling them their one-day meeting must result in a new set of principles and objectives for Haiti's reconstruction.

http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2010/01/25/haiti-rebuilding-conference-100125.html

The last time Montreal hosted a conference to decide the future of Haiti's government, shortly after there was a coupe was a Haitian rebellion or coupe in 2004.

The Ottawa Initiative on Haiti or simply the Ottawa Initiative,[1] was a conference that took place in Montreal on 31 January and 1 February 2003, to decide the future of Haiti's government, though no Haitian government officials were invited. The conference was attended by Canadian, French, and U.S. and Latin American officials. What exactly transpired is difficult to say, since Canada is keeping the documents that came out of this conference secret.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ottawa_Initiative

Mr. Harper certainly seems to find a lot of time to deal with problematic, corrupt Haiti while Parliament is prorogued in his own country and cannot deal with Canada's own problems.

It is written in English but if you don't understand it simply read the Cicero quote again.

The Cicero quote is in English, unlike the other particular piece of drival you wrote, which as is frequent with you made no sense in English. I've searched, and searched, and searcged (and searched) and nowhere did I found anything to indicate that the expression "to patronize on'es country" belongs to or in the English language.

To go back to Cicero. He described eloquently what is the harm caused by traitors. Reading that citation though can only reinforce what is evident to anyone who has a clue - one has to have taken leave from plain basic logic to conclude that it is treason to defend and promote the rights of Canadians.

Edited by CANADIEN

Back to Haiti:

So Montreal is the host city relating to a one day meeting regarding Haiti's reconstruction.

http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2010/01/25/haiti-rebuilding-conference-100125.html

The last time Montreal hosted a conference to decide the future of Haiti's government, shortly after there was a coupe was a Haitian rebellion or coupe in 2004.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ottawa_Initiative

Mr. Harper certainly seems to find a lot of time to deal with problematic, corrupt Haiti while Parliament is prorogued in his own country and cannot deal with Canada's own problems.

Right now, Haiti is even more in shambles that it has ever been (which is a lot to say). Who cares what language the majority of its population speaks? Who cares where representative of other governments meet to discuss what can and should be done?

Not me. And virtualy nobody except miserable losers. It is proper that such a meeting takes place. It would be proprer even if Haitians spoke Martian, and it would be proper whether the meeting is Montreal, Stonehange of the third moon of Saturn.

That your hatred of some of your fellow CANADIANS would go to such low... Pitiful.

The Cicero quote is in English, unlike the other particular piece of drival you wrote, which as is frequent with you made no sense in English. I've searched, and searched, and searcged (and searched) and nowhere did I found anything to indicate that the expression "to patronize on'es country" belongs to or in the English language.

I never claimed Cicero's quote had anything to do with patronizing ones country.

It was you who said: "Care to translate "patronage to one's country" into English".

You very well know what patronage means to ones country, so stop being a fool.

To go back to Cicero. He described eloquently what is the harm caused by traitors. Reading that citation though can only reinforce what is evident to anyone who has a clue - one has to have taken leave from plain basic logic to conclude that it is treason to defend and promote the rights of Canadians.

You of course are talking about language rights and those rights IMO are extremely corrupt.

Mr. Trudeau gave us the "Official Languages Act" which serves no other purpose other than promote French in the ROC.

This Act absolutely ignores English Rights in Quebec.

BTW-- do something about your severe paranoia and stop posting insults almost every post you submit.

But then again with you being a French propagandist it's probably part of your ugly nature.

Right now, Haiti is even more in shambles that it has ever been (which is a lot to say). Who cares what language the majority of its population speaks? Who cares where representative of other governments meet to discuss what can and should be done?

Not me. And virtualy nobody except miserable losers. It is proper that such a meeting takes place. It would be proprer even if Haitians spoke Martian, and it would be proper whether the meeting is Montreal, Stonehange of the third moon of Saturn.

That your hatred of some of your fellow CANADIANS would go to such low... Pitiful.

Again, stop posting personal insults.

I already posted I do not begrudge earthquake aid to Haiti.

But it is now a different story as Mr. Harper appears to be taking a leading role in rebuilding Haiti.

Prime Minister Stephen Harper conceded today that Canada and other countries are in for a decade of “hard work” to rebuild earthquake-shattered Haiti.

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/article/755503--we-must-commit-to-haiti-for-the-long-term-harper

What this means in extra money no one really knows.

Haiti is only one of many poor countries in the world.

What is Canada supposed to do every time their is some kind of disaster in one of these countries, rebuild it.

I suggest Haiti is getting extra attention from the PM because because it is a Francophonie country and our GG is Haitian.

I don't think we can afford any extra money to rebuild Haiti and neither do some of the posters made by readers of this article.

I don,t think the Canadian tax payers can afford that kind of money.… Grampa4how about......: ........ committing to Canada first. After all the money you freely give away is OURS.… targonre: Haiti: "Three vital MUSTS for Haiti's future : Birth control, education, and reforestation" --I'm...… proud canuckWHAT GOOD WILL IT DO ??: Millions of dollars have been donated to Haiti over the years,no sign of improvement,they still live...… rpark

I never claimed Cicero's quote had anything to do with patronizing ones country.

Nor did I say you made such a claim.

It was you who said: "Care to translate "patronage to one's country" into English".

You very well know what patronage means to ones country, so stop being a fool.

I don't know what it means, for one good reason. It is gibberish, it is not English.

Mr. Trudeau gave us the "Official Languages Act" which serves no other purpose other than promote French in the ROC.

This Act absolutely ignores English Rights in Quebec.[/qote]

Oh really? And I thought the Act granted equal status to English and French in federal institutions in ALL the country, including Quebec. After all, it's what it DOES.

BTW-- do something about your severe paranoia and stop posting insults almost every post you submit.

Paranoia... like the one that consists in seeing corruption, dictatorship, treason when there's none? :D

As for insults... nothing like the insults to common sense you keep posting, like..

But then again with you being a French propagandist (...)

You'll never get a clue. :D

I already posted I do not begrudge earthquake aid to Haiti.

Good for you... not I have seen any instance of you saying it on this thread.

And that still does not explain or excuse your whining about the fact that a aid conference is taking place in Montreal. That your opposition to the rights of other Canadians would translate into such lows is quite frankly pathetic.

But it is now a different story as Mr. Harper appears to be taking a leading role in rebuilding Haiti.

I suggest Haiti is getting extra attention from the PM because because it is a Francophonie country and our GG is Haitian.

I don't think we can afford any extra money to rebuild Haiti and neither do some of the posters made by readers of this article.

I suggest that the opinion of most other people on whether or not Canada should help Haiti has nothing to do with La Francophonie, or language issues. And I suggest that the reaction of the federal government has little to do with it either. After all, most Canadians and our government do not really care about what language they spoke in Haiti and what international organization they belong ro, Only you insist of making it an issue.

I don't know what it means, for one good reason. It is gibberish, it is not English.

"To patronize ones country" simply means a person who supports their country.

And that support could be in the form patriotism, nationalism, loyalty or any other word one chooses to describe attachment to their country.

Paranoia... like the one that consists in seeing corruption, dictatorship, treason when there's none?

Typical response of a French propagandist or one who is loyal to Quebec, like you.

What an asinine statement. You know very well that if it were not for Quebec, Canada would not be a member of la Francophonie.

How ironic is it that you use an asinine statement to accuse me of making an asinine statement! The issue of debate was never why Canada is a member of La Francophine, but your claim that Quebec is a member of La Francophonie, which it legally cannot be.

Canadien wrote:

"Oh really? And I thought the Act granted equal status to English and French in federal institutions in ALL the country, including Quebec. After all, it's what it DOES "

That is only part of it.

The principles of the Act are:

Principles

The purpose of the Official Languages Act:

ensure respect for English and French as the official languages of Canada and ensure equality of status and equal rights and privileges as to their use in all federal institutions, in particular with respect to their use in parliamentary proceedings, in legislative and other instruments, in the administration of justice, in communicating with or providing services to the public and in carrying out the work of federal institutions;

support the development of English and French linguistic minority communities and generally advance the equality of status and use of the English and French languages within Canadian society; and

set out the powers, duties and functions of federal institutions with respect to the official languages of Canada.(3)

http://www2.parl.gc.ca/Content/LOP/ResearchPublications/prb0423-e.htm

So it seems the OLA is an important Act relating to the promoting of French in the ROC, especially in Ontario.

I don't care who you agree with.

Well you should, since I am agreeing with Canadien, said so, and you replied. That shows you care.

You posts are mostly like Canadien's.

Which is a compliment since his posts are factual and insightful.

They consist of insignificant and meaningless personal opinion and hearsay.

Except for the ones that contained references, citations and quotes from legitimate sources. Which was most of them. But I will grant that calling you a tête carré was personal opinion, but certainly not insignificant nor meaningless.

Except for the ones that contained references, citations and quotes from legitimate sources. Which was most of them. But I will grant that calling you a tête carré was personal opinion, but certainly not insignificant nor meaningless.

I really pity poor English speaking Canadians who are having their linguistic and cultural rights, jobs destroyed by French Canadians and minorities who use Nazi type government language legislation to accomplish this.

Irrelevant. French is obviously not dormant in Canada.

Kate Jaimet - For the past decade, statistician Charles Castonguay has been predicting the demise of francophone communities outside of Quebec.

Now, with census data showing a continuing slide in native French-speakers outside Quebec, he says it’s time to cut off federal government life-support to the shrinking franco-phone outposts.

Similarly, the number of people who registered French as their mother tongue sank by 13 per cent in Newfoundland, 10 per cent in Saskatchewan, and also declined in P.E.I., Nova Scotia, New Brunsick and Manitoba.

Ontario posted a modest 0.7 per cent gain in the number of native francophones, but this did not keep pace with the overall population increase. A similar trend could be found in B.C. and Alberta.

In Newfoundland, there were only 25 babies between the ages of zero and four whose mother tongue was registered as French on the 2006 census.

"There are places where it’s almost catastrophic," Ms. Routhier-Boudreau admitted.

The declines in French as a mother tongue and a language of daily living continue a longstanding trend in Canada. The trend hasn’t reversed, despite the 2003 federal Action Plan for Official Languages which committed the government to spending an additional $750 million.

Ms. Routhier-Boudreau said the amount of spending must increase beyond $750 million. "It’s clearly insufficient," she said. "We obviously have to talk about billions."

Ms. Routhier-Boudreau said federal and provincial governments, families, and the private sector must all contribute to creating communities where people can live, work, and enjoy leisure activities in French.

http://www.vigile.net/Stop-giving-millions-to-dying

There is nothing like fighting and beating down English speaking Canadians with their own tax money and corrupt language legislation.