Canada caters to France and their cultural ideologies

Leafless

You realize of course that in that (faulty) comparison, it was the nine other provincial premiers and the PM brandishing the knives? Oops sorry, you don't, oh well.

Er, it was the Quebec nationalist that coined the (copycat Nazi phrase), 'Night of the Long Knives'.

Lol, I don't think it matters how many premiers were brandishing knives.

And the way you do everytime you see French on a cereal box. Which causes you to clamour for the same type of laws you denounce.

Surley you understand the concept, that if one group brandishes a weapon, the other group must also in order to defend themselves.

You still can't bring any kind of proof to your claim that English-speaking Canadians are being assimilated, no matter how you rephrase it or try to change the definition.

All I know is that English speaking Canadians are forced to learn French in order to gain access to certain jobs where as qualifications have been poisioned by overzealous application of Nazi type language laws.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Typical Lefless, as in...

There is nothing to prove.

BTW...the definiton of assimilate is to 'absorb into a larger body' . The word does not apply to a minority absorbing a larger body.

You can't bring any proof to your claim that English-speaking Canadians are being assimilated, so now you claim "there cannot be any assimilation happening". :P

The French have been assimilated to the customs and ways of English Canada and outside of Quebec only use their French language on a part time basis. The French language in Quebec and the ROC has been artifically kept alive by the federal government and tax payers of Canada.

Ever been to Caracet, Heast, Saint-Hyacinthe? :P

Not my Nazi type language policies, but the French in the province Quebec and the federal government and some municipal government Nazi type language laws.

Let me clarify what most everyone, ecept you of course, has already figured out. The only place where euqality of right is Nazi-like is in your brain.

Name me another country that currently employs Canadian Nazi type language laws?

Duh... it is obviou s there are none, since there are no Nazi-like Canadian language laws.

Most countries in the world have laws that govern what lnaugage(s0 are to be used in government, including the delivary of services to citizens. They range from:

- official bingualism (or multilingualism) with euqal status for more than one language (Filand, as an example)

- to one language being predominent in government use, with various degress of linguistic rights for national minorities (from bascially none in Latvia to quazi-official status for regional languages in some part of Germany)

- to outright forced assimilation (Thibet or three historical examples you will love: residential schools in northern Canada, school policies in most Canadian provinces until the 1970's, and the Welsh Not)

Virtually no country does not have at least one language recognized as the linguage of public administration and services. No surprise here, you do not (as usual) know what you are talking about.

All I know is that English speaking Canadians are forced to learn French in order to gain access to certain jobs where as qualifications have been poisioned by overzealous application of Nazi type language laws.

(warning, what follows is sarcasm) And French-speaking Canadians are forced to learn English for certain government jobs, including, oh horrors of horrors, certain jobs in the Government of Quebec. Some private business even force people to speak some foreign languages in order to get a job, under the poor excuse that they do business overseas. What's next, they'll force people to know the law if they want to become lawyers" (end of sarcasm)

Let me clarify what most everyone, ecept you of course, has already figured out. The only place where euqality of right is Nazi-like is in your brain.

If equalty rights are so equal, then why does it take Nazi type language laws to enforce those so called rights?

Duh... it is obviou s there are none, since there are no Nazi-like Canadian language laws.

Nazi Germany thought the same way relating to their ideologies.

The Nazi Germans blamed Jews and left wing for poverty, unemployment and the loss of World War 1.

Sound familiar?

Think Plains of Abraham and those darn WASP.

Most countries in the world have laws that govern what lnaugage(s0 are to be used in government.

So What.

I am talking about laws that could be viwed as hate laws, employed under the guise of language laws, like in Canada.

Virtually no country does not have at least one language recognized as the linguage of public administration and services. No surprise here, you do not (as usual) know what you are talking about.

I know what I am talking about but it is apparent you don't.

(warning, what follows is sarcasm) And French-speaking Canadians are forced to learn English for certain government jobs,

French speaking Canadians as a minority have always had to learn English, the language of the majority, for employment out of Quebec. What is so earth shattering about that, as English speaking Canadians have to learn French, if they want employment in Quebec.

Edited by Leafless

If equalty rights are so equal, then why does it take Nazi type language laws to enforce those so called rights?

It is exactly because the Charter, Ontario French Languages Services Act, and policies of municipalities like Ottawa do acknowledge and guarantee equal rights that nobody who as a clue would think of them as Nazi-like.

Nazi Germany thought the same way relating to their ideologies.
:lol: The Nazis knew their ideology was Nazi. Duh.
French speaking Canadians as a minority have always had to learn English, the language of the majority, for employment out of Quebec. What is so earth shattering about that, as English speaking Canadians have to learn French, if they want employment in Quebec.

What would be Earth-shattering if I was not used to it is that you didn't even have a clue on the fact I was making fun of you. Even a warning that is was sarcasm was beyond your capacity to grasp. :lol::lol:

Edited by CANADIEN

What would be Earth-shattering if I was not used to it is that you didn't even have a clue on the fact I was making fun of you. Even a warning that is was sarcasm was beyond your capacity to grasp.

Your sarcasm is not worth grasping nor is not the least bit funny.

Lol, amuse yourself somemore, dork.