The Hilarity of Australia's anti-racism racism

Argus

There's something horribly amusing to cynics about the situation the Australians find themselves in today with regard to the attacks on Indian students.

For those who don't know, foreign education is a major industry in Australia. And India is among the major consumers, sending thousands of students to Australian institutes of higher learning every year. Recently, the Indians have been coming under attacks by criminals, and the Indian government and media have decried these attacks as racist in nature. Australian police were recently depicted in a New Dehli newspaper cartoon as wearing white hoods, which set the entire Australian establishment into a tizzy.

In the last day alone an Indian student was stabbed to death, while another was squirted with lighter fluid and set alight by thugs.

Much of this story can be found Here

Now here is the irony. The Australian establishment have been among THE most anti-racist, most politically correct people on earth for some years now. In fact, the police in parts of Australia have been accused of deliberately turning a blind eye to non-white attacks on whites for fear of accusations of targeting non-whites - even when the suspects are so described. Attacks on whites by mobs of young, middle-eastern men are routine, and largely ignored or played down by both media and police.

And the attacks on the Indians are, for the most part, being carried out by young middle-eastern immigrants, mostly Lebanese.

But the Australians can't SAY that, or even suggest that, because that would be racist! Neither police, government, nor media dare utter a word which might be construed as somehow blaming a non-white group - ie, the Lebanese - so they can only flap around, red faced, proclaiming their lack of racism to the angry Indians and expressing indignation at the accusations. They're caught in a trap of their own making, unable to take action against middle-eastern criminals for fear of being seen as racist, and unable to respond to the accusations by the Indians of racism for fear of uhm, saying something racist!

You can read some astonishing things about middle-eastern crime, and the bizarre underpolicing of it Here

Edited by Argus

There's something horribly amusing to cynics about the situation the Australians find themselves in today with regard to the attacks on Indian students.

For those who don't know, foreign education is a major industry in Australia. And India is among the major consumers, sending thousands of students to Australian institutes of higher learning every year. Recently, the Indians have been coming under attacks by criminals, and the Indian government and media have decried these attacks as racist in nature. Australian police were recently depicted in a New Dehli newspaper cartoon as wearing white hoods, which set the entire Australian establishment into a tizzy.

In the last day alone an Indian student was stabbed to death, while another was squirted with lighter fluid and set alight by thugs.

Much of this story can be found Here

Now here is the irony. The Australian establishment have been among THE most anti-racist, most politically correct people on earth for some years now. In fact, the police in parts of Australia have been accused of deliberately turning a blind eye to non-white attacks on whites for fear of accusations of targeting non-whites - even when the suspects are so described. Attacks on whites by mobs of young, middle-eastern men are routine, and largely ignored or played down by both media and police.

And the attacks on the Indians are, for the most part, being carried out by young middle-eastern immigrants, mostly Lebanese.

But the Australians can't SAY that, or even suggest that, because that would be racist! Neither police, government, nor media dare utter a word which might be construed as somehow blaming a non-white group - ie, the Lebanese - so they can only flap around, red faced, proclaiming their lack of racism to the angry Indians and expressing indignation at the accusations. They're caught in a trap of their own making, unable to take action against middle-eastern criminals for fear of being seen as racist, and unable to respond to the accusations by the Indians of racism for fear of uhm, saying something racist!

You can read some astonishing things about middle-eastern crime, and the bizarre underpolicing of it Here

Lebanese are non-white ? How so ?

The first link doesn't support your assertion that non-whites are assaulting Indians, and the second link is a long anecdotal lecture that I lost interest in after a few pages.

I don`t doubt that liberals are reluctant to blame non-whites for racist attacks, but you haven`t shown it here.

Knew a fellow once. An old pirate and somehow he mangaged to become a finaical advisor to all of India. This was a a while ago..when the government there was not partially corrupt but fully corrupt. This old guy who I have mentioned before - Old Ernie had his own private plane and used to vist up to 10 countries a month doing buisness including arms deals...eventually and righfully so he died a loser over his head in debt..but he did teach me one thing..and I will quote a couple of his sayings here. "I have been all over the world and have seen all the ISIMS and it's not a pretty sight" - He also said of the people of the subcontinent of India..."They are white people with very dark skin"...I believe he is correct. Now as far as Austrialia which was very much like the former Soviet Union..where state sponsored so-called racism ruled.

The Soviets loved for propoganda reasons to bring in black students to study..once these folks from Africa had their degree - the kicked them out of the country..They simply only wanted family members in the nation - White Slavonics. Australia about 50 years ago followed the same policy regarding migrants...you could come in briefly to study or work but no way in hell were they going to pollute their white culture with non-whites other than their own indiginous people who they simply tolerated and oppressed. The Australians eventually evolved and now they have perminent citizens that are not of white eastern european and anglo stock..It was political correctness that changed this - The phenomena of this correctness combined with affirmative action...which is racism instituted is what brought about this other phenomena...BARACK OBAMA.

It is not that he is the best person for the job it's just that he appeased a lot of fools who ARE racists. Not in the manner you assume.. The fact is that anyone who thinks about racism - talks about it - is for it or against it IS racist! Those who are bright enough not to fixate on race do not involve themselfs in such manner..nor do they even think of it...I repeat.

In my fine observation that generates my fairly accurate opinion...I can say...ANY PERSON THAT SAYS THEY ARE AGAINST RACISM IS A RACIST - ANY PERSON THAT SAYS HE IS FOR RACISM PLAINLY A RACIST - ANY PERSON THAT DOES NOT THINK OR TALK OF SUCH THINGS IS NOT A RACIST....Personally I don't give a damn where you genetically originate from - Long as you have honour - loyalty and love in your heart...then you exceptable - IF you are a creep then you can continue talking about such things - I believe I am done here as far as this particualar thread - It's a waste of time.

Lebanese are non-white ? How so ?

You don't really want an answer to this, do you?

The first link doesn't support your assertion that non-whites are assaulting Indians, and the second link is a long anecdotal lecture that I lost interest in after a few pages.

The first link wasn't meant to, and if you're too lazy to read the second that's not my fault.

I don`t doubt that liberals are reluctant to blame non-whites for racist attacks, but you haven`t shown it here.

The situation in Australia is in some respects like the situation in Ottawa. All the locals in Ottawa know that when street crime takes place and the media identify the agressors as "a large group of youths" or something simlilar, that means "Somalians". In Australia, similarly, race is never identified openly, but it's known that the groups of "youths" involved in street crime are of middle eastern extraction.

It's like the rather notorious beach riots of a few years back, which most of the media depicted as white racists attacking foreigners on the beaches. In fact, it was a response to the provocation of gangs of Lebanese men attacking people, and more specifically being crude, ignorant and sexually aggressive towards female sunbathers - and the police taking a terrified hands-off approach to the problem. The media simply aren't going to print anything that can be considered to be condemnatory about a non-white group, ever.

You don't really want an answer to this, do you?

Yes, I do. Lebanon has a large number of Christians, and calling somebody "Lebanese" is like calling them "Canadian". i.e. There's no likely racial or religious background to somebody from that country.

The first link wasn't meant to, and if you're too lazy to read the second that's not my fault.

I read enough of the second link to make my criticism.

The situation in Australia is in some respects like the situation in Ottawa. All the locals in Ottawa know that when street crime takes place and the media identify the agressors as "a large group of youths" or something simlilar, that means "Somalians". In Australia, similarly, race is never identified openly, but it's known that the groups of "youths" involved in street crime are of middle eastern extraction.

It's like the rather notorious beach riots of a few years back, which most of the media depicted as white racists attacking foreigners on the beaches. In fact, it was a response to the provocation of gangs of Lebanese men attacking people, and more specifically being crude, ignorant and sexually aggressive towards female sunbathers - and the police taking a terrified hands-off approach to the problem. The media simply aren't going to print anything that can be considered to be condemnatory about a non-white group, ever.

How does identifying the background of the assailants address the bizarre problem of "police taking a terrified hands-off approach" ?

I concur with the point you have well made here in the past - that publishing background information may help throw light on a problem. However, you actually hurt your case by publishing tracts from folks who overstate the case, or arrive at the problem with a solution in-hand.

Assessing crimes by background is dynamite, and as you're showing here is more likely to result in negative reactionary policies and politics than it is to result in positive focus on the area of the problem.

This is why we're afraid of talking about these things in Canada - it's people like the policeman in your 2nd link who make it impossible for us to talk objectively about cause and effect as well as academics and the link who don't trust people like your policeman.