Rick Simpson Scandle

Does he have a license to grow? They are available. Why illegally grow if you can apply for a license.

Personally I'm totally for drug legalization and control to protect public safety.

Fact is they found plants.. now they should find where the plants came in from.

Q.

Did customs not check the noodles? Were dutch seeds smuggled back in in the container? Or did he get the seeds elsewhere? What strain of plant? Maybe someone dropped the seeds on the property?

Q.

Where did the plants come from?

Q. If previously raided how did police know that plants were there.

My guess:

Plants are grown there and dealt to people. Police are watching some of these people, and so follow the people trail back.

Or the plants were in clear view, of some surviellence system.

"We confiscated 70 pounds of marijuana, a quantity of cannabis resin and drug-trafficking material"

This would be pretty lead in... I think the thing that went wrong here is if he didn't have a license to grow. It is LEGAL to grow marijuana in certain amounts and for specific reasons, some of these require permits.

Does he have a license to grow? They are available. Why illegally grow if you can apply for a license.

Personally I'm totally for drug legalization and control to protect public safety.

Q.

Did customs not check the noodles? Were dutch seeds smuggled back in in the container? Or did he get the seeds elsewhere? What strain of plant? Maybe someone dropped the seeds on the property?

Q.

My guess:

Plants are grown there and dealt to people. Police are watching some of these people, and so follow the people trail back.

"We confiscated 70 pounds of marijuana, a quantity of cannabis resin and drug-trafficking material"

This would be pretty lead in... I think the thing that went wrong here is if he didn't have a license to grow. It is LEGAL to grow marijuana in certain amounts and for specific reasons, some of these require permits.

The allodial issue is circumspect.. however if there is a case on that I say go for it.

Q.

Q.

My guess:

It is next to impossible to get a liscence to grow. It is an illusion of accessability to protect the government from court rulings at the supreme court that say the government must make cannabis accessable for medical reasons. Doctors have been told by their insuring body not to sign the forms because the forms are designed to put the doctor in a position where they could be sued for any long term negative effects of pot use. There is only a medical pot department because the courts forced the government to have one, or the pot laws would have been completely struck down for everyone. Look at R vs Parker supra, and r vs Krieger at the Alberta court of appeal. The crown tried to take Krieger to the supreme court, but the court refused to hear the government's appeal.

It is next to impossible to get a liscence to grow. It is an illusion of accessability to protect the government from court rulings at the supreme court that say the government must make cannabis accessable for medical reasons. Doctors have been told by their insuring body not to sign the forms because the forms are designed to put the doctor in a position where they could be sued for any long term negative effects of pot use. There is only a medical pot department because the courts forced the government to have one, or the pot laws would have been completely struck down for everyone. Look at R vs Parker supra, and r vs Krieger at the Alberta court of appeal. The crown tried to take Krieger to the supreme court, but the court refused to hear the government's appeal.

Does this mean if I can't my FAC gun license, that I can just use a gun cause it is difficult for me to use a gun legally?

If I remember correctly another Cannabis Cup winner got a license to grow, why couldn't this person?

Edited by William Ashley

Does this mean if I can't my FAC gun license, that I can just use a gun cause it is difficult for me to use a gun legally?

If I remember correctly another Cannabis Cup winner got a license to grow, why couldn't this person?

Well the judges say that the government can't prevent you from accessing or using a drug you need for medical reasons. I don't think that constitutional protection applies to guns. I have yet to hear anything about medicinal buckshot.

Well the judges say that the government can't prevent you from accessing or using a drug you need for medical reasons. I don't think that constitutional protection applies to guns. I have yet to hear anything about medicinal buckshot.

So your medicine to keep you alive, but my gun doesn't put the food on the table to keep me alive? Where is that constitutional right to safety and security of person. To exercise in freedom

Life, liberty and security of person

7. Everyone has the right to life, liberty and security of the person and the right not to be deprived thereof except in accordance with the principles of fundamental justice.

Since when is it fundamental to deprive guns from law abiding citizens.. the buck should stop in requiring people to pay to have their rights exercised, be it to run in an election, to grow a plant, or to own a gun.

Fact is that Cops don't think the same, because they don't have cancer that pot can help reduce the ill effects of - or speed up the process depending on opinion.

Personally I think it is stupid. But I'm pretty sure you can't grow pot without a license in quantities over 4 plants or something.. AND KG's of pot represents the intent to distribute - potentially for commercial purposes NOT personal use. If this were frozen hell maybe it was personal but the facts seem clear. He tried to do what required a license without having the porkers come down on him.

End of story. Personally though they did screw up the search, although that should only cause the evidence suspect not in the order to be inadmissable, not necisarily make the entire arrest defaulted.

The compasionate grounds thing may change the sentencing I would think, but if for profit then it would be intent to traffic - unless there is another story like artistic grounds in preparing for the canibis cup.

So your medicine to keep you alive, but my gun doesn't put the food on the table to keep me alive? Where is that constitutional right to safety and security of person. To exercise in freedom

Life, liberty and security of person

7. Everyone has the right to life, liberty and security of the person and the right not to be deprived thereof except in accordance with the principles of fundamental justice.

Since when is it fundamental to deprive guns from law abiding citizens.. the buck should stop in requiring people to pay to have their rights exercised, be it to run in an election, to grow a plant, or to own a gun.

Fact is that Cops don't think the same, because they don't have cancer that pot can help reduce the ill effects of - or speed up the process depending on opinion.

Personally I think it is stupid. But I'm pretty sure you can't grow pot without a license in quantities over 4 plants or something.. AND KG's of pot represents the intent to distribute - potentially for commercial purposes NOT personal use. If this were frozen hell maybe it was personal but the facts seem clear. He tried to do what required a license without having the porkers come down on him.

End of story. Personally though they did screw up the search, although that should only cause the evidence suspect not in the order to be inadmissable, not necisarily make the entire arrest defaulted.

The compasionate grounds thing may change the sentencing I would think, but if for profit then it would be intent to traffic - unless there is another story like artistic grounds in preparing for the canibis cup.

Of course contact IA to determine if there was police misconduct is another option but wouldn't necisarily default the case. One would ask though did the police have alterior motive in removing surveilance such as planting evidence or enacting other orders such as bugging the residence or violating some other rights of the individual.