Canadian Identity: un-American

I have no idea what your fixation on drug use really means, but let me tell you something, please. I think that you have trouble with reading comprehension. I don't think you really read other peoples posts as much as you interpret them to your own liking. With as due respect I would suggest YOU do some reading up on our constitution. Start with the original 1867 version.

Try section 133;

If you would read a little deeper with a little more understanding you may find that Quebec had something to do with the talks regarding the 1982 version of the Constitution. Where did the leader of the Liberal Party of Canada, who was also the Prime Minister come from anyway? Do you think for one minute that there was no attempt to appease such a large portion of the population while the Constitution was on the table? Do you think that it could have past the approval of the provinces without provisions desired by Quebec?

Perhaps you are correct to say that Quebec didn't shove it up our ass, it was inserted that way because the people of Quebec wanted it that way, and the way forward to achieve that was through the elected government of the day. Had that government been Conservative the same effort would have been made. You may or may not recall that the Charlottetown Accord went down in flames as a RESULT OF THE Conservative efforts at social engineering, and they had a vast majority in the Commons at the time, but it is up to the provinces to determine matters of the Constitution, not the Federal Government now is it. In that respect whats good for the goose is good for the gander. Therefore it wasn't really the Liberal Party of Canada responsible for the 1982 Constitution now was it, but instead the provinces. In this specific case, how many provinces do you think would have wanted this nation to be bilingual? Name them please....

My point is still proven. Canada wide bilingualism is a liberal initiative not a quebec initiative. Quebec is not responsible for English Attitudes or how the rest of Canada is governed outside of Quebec. Trudeau is viewed by Quebec as a sell out traitor. Originally 1867 Canada was 4 provinces. Original Quebec/Canada was Quebec and Ontario until it was broke in two to accomodate the freedom cowards from the US in 1776. Should the BNA act have provisions to accomodate Canada's first Language: French, whynot. However, the fact is, Canada was not a bilingual nation. It was French in Quebec before 1982 and English everywhere else. Who changed that, the corrupt liberals.

• Replies 667
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe it does and maybe it doesn't. Of no matter, though, to your erronious claim that Canadians fought in World War II as British conscripts; by 1939 the British government had zero ability to command the mobilisation of Canadian troops.

No Canadians fought in World War II. Those who faught, faught under the British Banner.

No Canadians fought in World War II. Those who faught, faught under the British Banner.

You should tell that to my uncle. He would tend to disagree, since he spent 3 years in a Canadian uniform, fighting the Germans between 42 and 45.

come back to earth and get a grip. The uS people have been citizens since 1776 with voting right except for their slave servants of course....

If you are going to use the USA for your anti-Canadian rants, please get your facts straight. Women and non-property owners didn't get the right to vote until much later....this excluded many non-slaves as well.

Carry on.....

First you say Canadians were conscripted into WWII by Britain and now you say no Canadians fought in WWII... Er, I think the Canadian WWII vets would tell you otherwise on both claims; if they didn't punch you in the face for being so rude and ignorant, that is. And the Red Ensign they fought under was, by that point, the flag of a sovereign Canada. So, wrong on three counts, now, Whoowhee.

[+]

Edited by g_bambino

Maybe it does and maybe it doesn't. Of no matter, though, to your erronious claim that Canadians fought in World War II as British conscripts; by 1939 the British government had zero ability to command the mobilisation of Canadian troops.

That drunken idiot isn't worth arguing with.

First you say Canadians were conscripted into WWII by Britain and now you say no Canadians fought in WWII... Er, I think the Canadian WWII vets would tell you otherwise on both claims; if they didn't punch you in the face for being so rude and ignorant, that is. And the Red Ensign they fought under was, by that point, the flag of a sovereign Canada. So, wrong on three counts, now, Whoowhee.

[+]

Canadian British Subjects faught in the World Wars not Canadian citizens.

If you are going to use the USA for your anti-Canadian rants, please get your facts straight. Women and non-property owners didn't get the right to vote until much later....this excluded many non-slaves as well.

Carry on.....

details, details, ... White American men were citizens and they expanded into California, texas, florida, faught a civil, and entered all world wars as American Citizens. Canada had no citizens that faught in Any "Real" war as citizens except perhaps the Korean War. Oops I almost made a blunder, The Korean War 1951-1953. The British subjects of Canada were Citizens after 1955 so no Canadian citizen faught in real Wars except as British Subjects.

Why can't you subjects learn to love your queen.

Canada had no citizens that faught in Any "Real" war as citizens except perhaps the Korean War. Oops I almost made a blunder, The Korean War 1951-1953. The British subjects of Canada were Citizens after 1955 so no Canadian citizen faught in real Wars except as British Subjects.
No one fought in the Korean War as their own country's nationals; the fighting was under the U.N. flag.

details, details, ... White American men were citizens and they expanded into California, texas, florida, faught a civil, and entered all world wars as American Citizens. Canada had no citizens that faught in Any "Real" war as citizens except perhaps the Korean War. Oops I almost made a blunder, The Korean War 1951-1953. The British subjects of Canada were Citizens after 1955 so no Canadian citizen faught in real Wars except as British Subjects.

Since the Statute of Westminster was in 1931 our troops that enlisted in the canadian armed forces did indeed fight as Canadians, those Canadians who entered (volunteered) the British military forces like the RAF, Royal Navy, or the british army fought for Britian, and also those from New Foundland were british troops (as newfoundland was still admisnistered by Britian and had joined Canada yet) under the command of the Canadians.

Edited by Alta4ever

Almost made a blunder? Canadians were citizens after January 1, 1947. Oh, Whoowhee...

Wouldn't be the only fact he mangled. Sometimes he seems to be hitting the bottle when he posts.

Since the Statute of Westminster was in 1931 our troops that enlisted in the canadian armed forces did indeed fight as Canadians, those Canadians who entered (volunteered) the British military forces like the RAF, Royal Navy, or the british army fought for Britian, and also those from New Foundland were british troops (as newfoundland was still admisnistered by Britian and had joined Canada yet) under the command of the Canadians.

All the statue of Westminster did was make Canada's parliament independent of the UK parliament to pass legislation. The statue of Westminister also had a formula to leave the commonwealth which Canada has failed to comply with. Regardless, Canadians were not recognized as Canadians until after 1955; they were british subjects. I have provided references to back this up, accept it. They were British subjects and no more. No Canadians fought in any real world conflict except the Canadians referenced by George Washington in 1755. These Canadians faught 4 years to bring about independent United States. These Canadians were betrayed by Benedict Arnold, The Continental Congress commanding officer leading the Campaign to regain Canada and the Continental Congress not supporting the Marquis Lafayette of France's final push to regain Canada in 1779 and 1780. Because of this Quebec has been under Occupation for 250 years.

Guest American Woman

Ummmm ..... as a woman, I'd say it's a pretty big "detail." <_<

Furthermore, Canada declared war independently of Britain, so I don't know what you are going on about. So what if Canadians weren't "citizens" by definition? They were Canadians by residency. And since the Canadian Citizenship Act of 1946 took effect on January 1, 1947, where are you getting the idea that Canadians weren't "citizens" until after 1955?

P.S. It's "fought," not "faught." Or is that a Canadian thing?

Edited to add: I see you were already corrected as to when Canadians became "citizens...."

Edited by American Woman

Regardless, The Soldiers of Canada were there as british subjects.

Enough BS.

If Canada's participation was not compulsory (other than on a moral basis as was the U.S.'s) the Canadians were there as Canadians, not as British subjects. My stepfather fought in the war and he always referred to the heroism of Canadian troops at Juno Beach, not British Subject troops.

Get it?

Enough BS.

If Canada's participation was not compulsory (other than on a moral basis as was the U.S.'s) the Canadians were there as Canadians, not as British subjects. My stepfather fought in the war and he always referred to the heroism of Canadian troops at Juno Beach, not British Subject troops.

Get it?

What part of 1947 do you not understand. Before 1947 British Subject. After 1947 Canadian Citizen.

Got it! Stop putting meth into your arm.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/End_of_World_War_II_in_Europe

End of World War II in Europe

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search

[show]v • d • eWestern Allied invasion of Germany

Veritable - Grenade - Plunder - Varsity - Ruhr Pocket - Amherst

[show]v • d • eBerlin Offensive

Oder-Neisse – Seelow Heights – Encirclement of Berlin – City of Berlin – Halbe

The German instrument of surrender signed at Reims May 7, 1945.The final battles of the European Theatre of World War II as well as the German surrender took place in late April and early May 1945.

Citizen after 1947, World War 2 ended in 1945. Canada's soldiers participated as British Subjects, not Canadians.