The Manitoba NDP does it again

Since you don't know anything about the provincial party, I don't know how you can even make such a prediction. No one knows what Doer will do. He may run again after that.

Or he may a price when the Auditor General special investigation takes place.

Well you have done such a good job of calling it in the past for Manitoba haven't you?

"For these reasons many people who voted NDP last election have lost some of that faith in the party. "

Dobbin 2006 right before the NDP strengthened their majority referring too one of his many "Gary Doer is being investigated by the auditor General claims."

"However, the NDP, aside from Gary Doer's personal charisma, have not had an economic plan for quite some time. His cabinet is fairly weak, there is no one in cabinet who seems ready to lead, few bright stars and they have several government or business collapses that they have a hand in including Crocus Investments, two different housing agencies and the gutting of Hydro's coffers."

Dobbin in 2006 after talking about how he ran for the Liberals in 88 and before the NDP help make Manitoba a competitive econmic success.

You have such a good track record of being wrong about Manitoba politics it seems pretty easy to ignore what you say.

Edited by punked

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well you have done such a good job of calling it in the past for Manitoba haven't you?

"For these reasons many people who voted NDP last election have lost some of that faith in the party. "

Which is accurate. Many people who wish to see bills the NDP used to champion now go to the Opposition to get them introduced in the House.

Dobbin 2006 right before the NDP strengthened their majority referring too one of his many "Gary Doer is being investigated by the auditor General claims."

Where was that quote from?

"However, the NDP, aside from Gary Doer's personal charisma, have not had an economic plan for quite some time. His cabinet is fairly weak, there is no one in cabinet who seems ready to lead, few bright stars and they have several government or business collapses that they have a hand in including Crocus Investments, two different housing agencies and the gutting of Hydro's coffers."

Once again all true. Manitoba now has an apartment vacancy rate that is the lowest ever and the investment is social housing is doing very little to ease it. Rent control is hurting construction of apartments.

As for Hydro, the audiitor today announced an investigation into risk.

I'd say I was pretty accurate about everything I said. Housing crisis, no resolution of Crocus and Hydro hurting.

Dobbin in 2006 after talking about how he ran for the Liberals in 88 and before the NDP help make Manitoba a competitive econmic success.

I think you forgot why the NDP lost in 1988 in a confidence vote and later in the election.

You have such a good track record of being wrong about Manitoba politics it seems pretty easy to ignore what you say.

Keep reading. I predicted with complete accuracy the last election.

By the way, that other post of yours is still childish. Is that type of arrogance and thuggish behaviour that people used to point out with the Chretien Liberals.

Edited by jdobbin

That is a ridiclous assertion. Doer made the decision based on environmental arguments.

He says he did, but I don't believe it.

There is no way to go down the east side without passing through traditional aboriginal land. It may be possible to do it on the west side.

no resolution of Crocus

Wasn't that settled on the part of the Government? Actually, I think it's completely settled now. You feel the same way about the NDP as Ponked does about the Liberals. You're both blind in your own way.

People don't really care about legislative agendas or whether or not you think a Cabinet is weak. They care about good management, no matter where it comes from.

Wasn't that settled on the part of the Government? Actually, I think it's completely settled now. You feel the same way about the NDP as Ponked does about the Liberals. You're both blind in your own way.

It hasn't been settled. There has been no money dispersed. We still have problems with our investment market as a result.

People don't really care about legislative agendas or whether or not you think a Cabinet is weak. They care about good management, no matter where it comes from.

And that is why the issue of Hydro is being addressed. It comes down to pure management. You are prepared to pay $400 million extra and make claims that are not true as to why.

He says he did, but I don't believe it.

Well, there are First Nations now on the east who are asking why the lines are not coming down the east. No one really even consulted them.

There is no way to go down the east side without passing through traditional aboriginal land. It may be possible to do it on the west side.

And Hydro says there is no way to do it down the west side for the same reasons.

The argument doesn't hold up especially if Doer is committed to building a road up the east.

It hasn't been settled. There has been no money dispersed. We still have problems with our investment market as a result.

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/manitoba/story/20...rocus-fund.html

The last case was later settled. It now has nothing to do with the government.

You are prepared to pay $400 million extra and make claims that are not true as to why.

Yes, that's why the East side bands are suing to get the line back on their side so they can share in the profit. Also...there are many UNESCO world heritage sites with roads through them. Not too many with large transmission lines though.

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/manitoba/story/20...rocus-fund.html

The last case was later settled. It now has nothing to do with the government.

Except why it happened and the pall it has cast on all investment funds.

Also, the anger when the payments come out has to be directed on the people who were in power and promoted Crocus.

You keep saying this had nothing to do with the government but it was a government program that was poorly overseen and given that the government paid a civil suit, they know they were in the wrong. What we still don't know is why and how it happened.

As a taxpayer, you are saying you don't care.

I still haven't received a settlement. There will be many people quite distressed when they do see the settlement.

Yes, that's why the East side bands are suing to get the line back on their side so they can share in the profit. Also...there are many UNESCO world heritage sites with roads through them. Not too many with large transmission lines though.

This blame the Indians strategy is not going to go over well. The native bands want the same opportunities others get. That comes from reliable energy and roads. The winter road system is not working very well and it is costing these communities millions upon millions to ensure they food, supplies and diesel.

The transmission lines should run along the roadways. At the moment, they have no power lines period and not too many UNESCO sites with populations living in them are without basic hydro.

Edited by jdobbin

At the moment, they have no power lines period and not too many UNESCO sites with populations living in them are without basic hydro.

They have hydro. They are powered by diesel and bio diesel generators.

And blame the indian.... :rolleyes: please. This has nothing to do with that. From your perspective though, it seems to have a great deal to do with blaming the NDP.

They have hydro. They are powered by diesel and bio diesel generators.

Which some say often do more damage, is more expensive and harder to bring in.

And blame the indian.... :rolleyes: please. This has nothing to do with that. From your perspective though, it seems to have a great deal to do with blaming the NDP.

Actually, I was blaming you. You said that they won't run down the line because of the First Nations.

Which some say often do more damage, is more expensive and harder to bring in.

Maybe. I don't run or work for Hydro.

Actually, I was blaming you. You said that they won't run down the line because of the First Nations.

I don't know if I should label that a personal attack or not. I think I won't for now. I don't have anything to do with the decision. That said, I think I can reasonably assume that profit sharing agreements (which there is precedent for) between Hydro and first nations factored into the equation.

Maybe. I don't run or work for Hydro.

That is why some of the reserves have been asking to be connected to the grid. Are they to be permanently cut off? There has been environmental assessments about supplying power to communities will diesel fuel and it isn't happy.

I don't know if I should label that a personal attack or not. I think I won't for now. I don't have anything to do with the decision. That said, I think I can reasonably assume that profit sharing agreements (which there is precedent for) between Hydro and first nations factored into the equation.

I said quite simply that Doer didn't mention First Nations as the driving reason for running down the west side. He mentioned the environment.

You said it was the First Nations although we can see right now that many of the reserves are asking why no one asked them because they wanted the jobs, the power grid and the road that would be built along the line.

You said I attacked the NDP over the First Nations. Am I to regard that as a personal attack? Because I mostly certainly did not. I said that if they were defending the area over the environment, it is bewildering to environmentalists why he is building a road there.

Edited by jdobbin