Alberta economy to take biggest hit this year

jdobbin

http://www.canada.com/business/fp/Alberta+...1800/story.html

Alberta will fare worse than any other province this year, with the economy suffering more hits before a recovery takes hold in 2010, a report said Thursday.

The Canada West Foundation is forecasting that Alberta’s economy will decline 2.4% this year and grow by 1.9% next year.

“Alberta will be facing a rough patch for a while,” said economist Jacques Marcil, author of the report.

The explosive growth with high oil prices will be tempered as long as the rest of the world struggles.

Still, oil will go up long term. This shouldn't be a bust but it is painful for people who get dinged by it.

But in the meantime, they'll find a way to blame it on the NEP and Trudeau.

Having been directly affected by that SOB trudeau - I will be happy to piss on his headstone - but in the meantime I do not see that happening - so I think you will need another soap box

Borg

Ha ha, you rightwingers crack me up. If you're not whining and complaining about something, you're throwing insults.

Actually you said:

But in the meantime, they'll find a way to blame it on the NEP and Trudeau.

Then I said:

Having been directly affected by that SOB trudeau - I will be happy to piss on his headstone - but in the meantime I do not see that happening - so I think you will need another soap box

No blame was passed

Serious question for you:

Have you ever had a life savings wiped out by a government bill?

Befoire I start it is you that brought this on - remember - not one word of blame was passed - so I will EXPLAIN.

If you actually sit down and think on this for a moment - perhaps that is why there are "rightwingers"

Have you ever been in a stiuation where you actually were profitable yesterday and then had the opportunity to watch your equipment being taking from you for auction to pay your bills?

Have you ever sat and watched your wife age 20 years in just a few days? Or watched your Mom and Dad go from vibrant individuals to broken people because a government program ruined their lifes work?

Until you can actually say that you have seen a government - in this country - come into your home and take everything - then you will never understand.

I lived it and now I take everything off shore - several different locations - as a board member for another set of companies we have started - from scratch - with borrowed money and no government assistance - we are now debt free and have significant funds available to us.

For my family was ruined - made penniless by your government and you think it is funny - because you believe it can never happen to you. And you believe I am a bad person for hating a fucking trudeau

And therefore you call us rightwingers - yet we have been there and watched it happen and I saw my parents become old and defeated.

For that reason I will call you a fucking ass hole to your face or to the board - and you can report me if you wish - yeah - it IS personal

And when I get the expected signal telling me to apologize - I will not and could not - for it is people like you that caused my family to go through hell - and you believe it to be funny - you and yours actually think the NEP was nothing - a joke.

Because it is not an insult from me - it is a lifes passion to beat ass holes and fuckers like you with my work and my money - so my up coming family will never have to be effected by people like you.

So far when I think about it - we are doing pretty damned good - and this economic bust has made it even better - we have actually made more money than we ever thought possible - and the best part - I am not even there to do it - so I now know it can be run at arms length.

I have no loyalty to Canada - it is not a country that I love any more - it has become something that to a great extent I despise - because it stands for nothing - not even willing to demand a person identify themself by showing their face - weak.

However I will take from her - as much as I can.

Have a good one - would love to have you visit one of our offices some day.

Now - back to the topic at hand.

Alberta will be fine - energy will always be needed - if not here then somewhere else - the price will go up and life will be good - people just like to complain or point fingers because they are not making money this year - that happens in business as well - so keep the shoulder to the wheel - and remember - Alberta may be taking a big hit - but she has done better than most fopr the past several years - Alberta will be fine.

Borg

• 3 weeks later...

I wouldn't expect it to get any better soon. With a cap and trade program this industry is going to be extremely expensive (like it isn't all ready) to extract oil. Also a lot of opposition is being thrown towards the tar sands already. We will see what happens after Copenhagen. With Harper and Prentice probably nothing.

• 2 weeks later...
So how did it wipe out your life savings? You haven't explained that.

Read about it a little bit and I'm sure you can come up with some conclusions.

The NEP murdered federal Liberal support in Alberta for 40 years and it's never recovered.

It WAS that bad.