CTV violated the Canadian Association of Broadcasters Code of Ethics d

http://www.cbsc.ca/english/decisions/2009/090527.php

The Canadian Broadcast Standards Council has found that CTV Newsnet violated the Canadian Association of Broadcasters Code of Ethics in a broadcast of Mike Duffy Live Prime Time on October 9, 2008. CTV Newsnet broadcast several restarts of an interview with Stéphane Dion which originally aired on CTV Atlantic. The CBSC has concluded that the rebroadcast of the outtakes when the broadcaster had consented to restart the interview and the consistent misrepresentation by host Mike Duffy of the point of view of one of his invited guests violated Clause 6 of the Code, which requires the fair and proper presentation of news, opinion, comment and editorial.
\

Nice job Mike Duffy. I guess we know where you ended up.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.cbsc.ca/english/decisions/2009/090527.php

\

Nice job Mike Duffy. I guess we know where you ended up.

Somehow I do not believe it was the Duff who had final say in what was shown - suspect management had the hammer on this one.

Be that as it may the outcome assisted in throwing out some rather smelly trash - all in all a very good thing

Borg

Somehow I do not believe it was the Duff who had final say in what was shown - suspect management had the hammer on this one.

Be that as it may the outcome assisted in throwing out some rather smelly trash - all in all a very good thing

Borg

Dump what is not condusive to peace prosperity and a joyful human existance - for it does smell if it is the contray to what I just wrote. There are two types in the world - the hatians - and the lufians - the haters and the lovers - lovers produce life - haters produce death...is it a choice what takes place - or is it genetic or is it taught within certain families over a period of generations - IF a person comes from a family were spite and hate are normal and have always been in existance within that family - they produce haters. Where as the lovers and masters of life are the lufians - the ones that keep the place alive - I have plants older that most young human beings - and I have never lost a plant - nor have I ever lost a friend or family member - no one of my crew perished - because I loved them - and love keeps things alive...Where as my older bother and his wife hide their natural hate but none the less they hate - and tradgedy has struck their family repeatedly...his first born died recently - because money was more important that life - and hate was their god.

True. But now Duffy is the Senate rather than broadcasting.

What are you implying? That embarrassing Dion once was enough to get a Senate appointment?

I didn't realize it was still so easy. The last time I heard of a petty, small time appointment was when Trudeau appointed his chauffeur.

What are you implying? That embarrassing Dion once was enough to get a Senate appointment?

No, it was a lifetime of work that did that. Ever wonder why Duffy was considered ideal as a Tory Senator?

I didn't realize it was still so easy. The last time I heard of a petty, small time appointment was when Trudeau appointed his chauffeur.

Did the chauffeur run down any Conservatives on the job?

If causing Dion to resign deserves something of a reward from the Tories it would be as an appointment as ambassor to Somalia

Those people need the same thing the politicians need a little oversight and discipline.

Those people need more oversight. This should be plastered all over the place. Breaches of journalistic integrity cannot be allowed.

I agree. Yet then there is Duffy, richly reward for his efforts.

As much as i don't see a change in the senate making any difference, I think that canadians should be asked a simple question during the next election. It should read, Do you want to make changes to the Senate? If Canadians vote yes with sway...a 60% majoirty, then the government should prepare options for another referendum to follow. Our Minister of State (Democratic Reform) should be working on such things....but I'm not really sure what he's doing...and so I'm not sure why we need such a position.

Come on guys, anyone who watched Duffy, heard his bias against the opposition parties and especially the libs under Dion. He was also chummy with the Tories and you could see it in the faces of any Tories who came on that Duffy was their friend. Thanks God, Tom Clark is more neutral and is doing a better job!!! A group of us were talking about Duffy's love for the Tories last night and it was no surprise when he landed in the senate!

As much as i don't see a change in the senate making any difference, I think that canadians should be asked a simple question during the next election. It should read, Do you want to make changes to the Senate? If Canadians vote yes with sway...a 60% majoirty, then the government should prepare options for another referendum to follow. Our Minister of State (Democratic Reform) should be working on such things....but I'm not really sure what he's doing...and so I'm not sure why we need such a position.

I was not referring to the Senate, just the patronage.

Come on guys, anyone who watched Duffy, heard his bias against the opposition parties and especially the libs under Dion. He was also chummy with the Tories and you could see it in the faces of any Tories who came on that Duffy was their friend. Thanks God, Tom Clark is more neutral and is doing a better job!!! A group of us were talking about Duffy's love for the Tories last night and it was no surprise when he landed in the senate!

The Senate is Canada's way of recognizing the efforts of Canadians in a very patronizing way.

The Senate is Canada's way of recognizing the efforts of Canadians in a very patronizing way.

That's why i don't have a problem with it...because the positions are supposed to be based on merit...unfortunately it isn't always done that way.