But..But....How can this be?

I always renouce violence right after I have been utterly destroyed in a fight - Looks like the Tamils are about 25 years to late - he who lives by the sword dies by the -----------well you know the rest - violence does not bring peace - it brings death.

See US Expeditionary Forces in The Philippines...the insurgents lost.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philippine-American_War

May be this one is better, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qin_Shi_Huang , the first Chinese emperor whose formidable army defeated all other six French-sized countries and unified China to one. But, if I borrow some Sir Bandelot's words, at what cost?

I don't know how merciful Qin Shi Huang's and American army were then, but in 1900 the Eight-Nation Alliance(now they are also known as the honorable G8 :P ) invaded China and took over the Forbidden City, the poor illiterate white-assed soldiers just scrapped off every piece of Gold covered on these brass water cauldrons (they worked as today's fire-hydrants) by their bayonets, so you can imagine how merciful army they were.

The cauldrons in the Forbidden City

scrapped cauldrons

Since nowaday G8's soldiers are not illiterate as their predecessors and such kind of gold scraps are out of fashion being material of boy's wedding rings so they also become lacking motivity to devote into the wars like their forefathers did, and more importantly Asians, Africans and now Arabians are no longer easily being scared by rifles, or even being scared by the Operation Shock and Awe 2003 :lol: , so things have been going kinda different. :rolleyes:

Edited by xul

The British also defeated communist insurgencies in Malaya and Brunei.

Brezhnev also ever defeated the communist insurgency in Czechoslovakia in 1960s. :lol:

But today I'm not sure his successors is able to defeat a single Georgia's rebellious president. :unsure:

Maybe after defining "free-speech" as "universal value" to be convenient for "uncivilized" people beaters , "freedom-loved people" should add "free-firing" as a new term of "universal value of freedom" to be convenient for soldiers to be able to wipe any insurgency out by their colonial-times predecessor's ways. :P

Edited by xul

The way to destroy Violent terror groups is by using EXTREMELY overwhelming violence against them.........that is what the Sri Lanka's Army did...and crushed them once and for all.........same is happening in Pakistan now that finally the Pakistani Army is slaughtering these scumbag Taliban...now they want a peace deal.....lol! Sri Lanka'a Army is a shining example how to deal with terrorist's ...............kill em all!

Lots of folks will not agree - but in practise you are correct.

To erase the problem one must clean the slate completely.

Borg

Lots of folks will not agree - but in practise you are correct.

To erase the problem one must clean the slate completely.

Borg

The sun is shinning on your head - and it's raining on mine. One mans terror is anothers freedom...The Tamils got off to a real tough start and were brutal - looks like they got out bruted...still mercey must be shown for the losers - In ancient warfare - there was a rule - always leave a route of escape for the advesary - he can take it and live - or stand and die - I am sure that the Tamils could have evacuated long ago - but they chose to stay and fight to the bitter end. Personally when confronted with such a delemia - I would simple leave and live - maybe that's why my tribe is still around - pride kills.

No, it's indicative that when defeated on an issue you take the low road.

As usual

Is that sort of like offering nothing and declaring victory?

You shouldn't be so petulant just because you got caught being a low browed racist.

Is that sort of like offering nothing and declaring victory?

You shouldn't be so petulant just because you got caught being a low browed racist.

Being a high brow racist is ecceptable..they usually have money and a high education and can say - Negros have thick sculls because they are meant to be boxers.. and I will grant a scholarship to any person of "colour" that maintains consciousness because nature has evolved them into a superiour race that can maintain consciousness when the brain is joggled ............seriously - rasism is fine - and should not be confined to race - idiots are idiots...and you judge the person by who they are and not by what family or gentic group they are from - there are dumb blacks and whites and smart ones also ---------------now that is a high brow bit of racism... :lol:

Exactly, there is nothing can certainly be defeated or can absolutely not be defeated in a war or a conflict, whether or not it's a regular army or a guerrilla movement. The result usually depend on that both sides can and will put how many resource and make how much effort to win the war.

A guerrilla movement is very difficult to be defeated, becaue of two causes:

The first cause is obvious. The side seeking guerrilla tactics usually is the weak side of the conflict, so it is more easily drawn sympathy from common people or neutral. That means it can commit of some resorts that its rival can not commit, so the strong-looked side becomes no longer strong as it would be.

The second cause is obscure but very important. The existence of a guerrilla movement usually means it can gain the support from the majority of people in the certain area whether you like it or not. Without such support, a guerrilla can not last for long. For example, an ET kid did a mischief and moved a thousand Taliban into Canada by magic. Can we expect them commiting a guerrilla war in Canada? LOL. They will be caught by Canadian soldiers in several days if not in several hours becasue they can not find someone hiding them in the cellar of his house. But in their home country, the circumstance is quite the contrary. When Canadian or American soldiers took over a village, even if there were a dozen of Taliban hiding, how could these soldiers sort them out from hundreds of non-cooperative villagers since Taliban militiamen don't wear bloody uniforms? This is why without a political solution, that means the government must regain the support for the common people in these area, an anti-guerrilla war can hardly win.

Edited by xul