Second-language teaching policies.

well that's tough ... but how many dialects go extinct every century... thousands right? again this is nugatory: The strong do what they can the weak suffer what they must... that's the law of life...

Big talker on the net my friend - but I as an old man can still take you in a street fight.... :lol:

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see. Might makes right?

that essentially is the point.... the only possible mistakes of that dictum will come from incorrect estimates of strength...

I for one don't really see the point of further taxing the bovine canadian taxpayer to resuscitate an etiolated, barbarous and almost useless language.

probably not.. although if you need to debate with your fists... you boycott your brain.

and I would absolutely OWN you...

Sissy! Wait till you are old and infirm - and peeing your pants and some immigrant nurse will change your poopy diapers as she eyes your white ass with utter contempt and loathing - then you can mutter all you want about "the weak and how they must suffer...and how you in your youth NOW are some sort of invincable demi-god...hah...I am skilled in spirt and mind - and I do not use my fists - I simply toss you to the ground and stand on you to give you some humility....why you imagined FISTS is beyound me?

that essentially is the point.... the only possible mistakes of that dictum will come from incorrect estimates of strength...

I for one don't really see the point of further taxing the bovine canadian taxpayer to resuscitate an etiolated, barbarous and almost useless language.

Who every talked about extra taxes? Have you ever considered that there could be ways of at least slowing down the decline of those languages at no extra cost to the taxpayer?

Canadien, you have shockingly selective reading skills, a penchant for making some pretty insulting assumptions, a very big chip on your shoulder, and precious little knowledge of the community you cited or the circumstances and human relationships of that area.

So be it. Ciao.

In other words, you're shocked that I do not agree with the central theme of your argument, which that the Franco would be better off if they just gave up their language, or the little "they have a high school they have an hospital! they have a pool! that's unfair" side argument. The chip is obviously on your shoulder, and the gross ignorance is yours..

And speaking of insults... the "you Francos don't know what is best for you" tone of some of your postings would be an insult to my intelligence, if it wasn't so painfully wrong.

Ciao indeed.

Sorry you're right. New Brunswick.

And Chretien and Dion were just trying to speak English. Can you speak French as well as they can speak English?

I speak a bit of Spanish (the functional second language of my area though the U.S. doesn't have official languages) and can read, though not understand, Hebrew. I know nothing about Canada and assumed Chretien and Dion were speaking Canadian.

I speak a bit of Spanish (the functional second language of my area though the U.S. doesn't have official languages) and can read, though not understand, Hebrew. I know nothing about Canada and assumed Chretien and Dion were speaking Canadian.

Yes, Chretien was a fine representative for our country.

And how fine a representative Dion would have been. He could have shattered stereotypes around the world.

-k

{"I thought Canadians wore flannel shirts and say Eh a lot, but now that I have seen Mr Dion, I know that there are many Canadians who are retarded, as well."}