Reformed Palestinian bomber speaks out

Hugo

Walid Shoebat, a former Palestinian terrorist who converted to Christianity and fled the Middle East, has been speaking out on the true nature of the foe Israel faces.

He described that in his school, in which he was the only Muslim in a class of Christians, anti-Semitic hatred began early. In kindergarten, the first song he learnt was entitled "Jews are pigs", and this was typical of what he learnt. Even Christians in Palestine are taught to hate Jews. He compared the PLO and Hamas regimes to that of Nazism in their evil and their raw hatred.

Shoebat states that a slogan every Palestinian knows is "Saturdays first, Sundays second" which means that after world Jewry has been liquidated, the Muslims will move on to Christians and slaughter them too. A widely-told prophecy is that the slaughter of Jews will go on until the stones and the trees cry out that there are Jews hiding behind them, calling all Muslims to come and kill them.

He claims that the PLO and Hamas agenda is not the reclamation of Palestine but the destruction of Israel and of world Jewry. This is what they tell their own people, and these are the messages that Palestinians learn from birth.

Dhimmi, he states, is a facade. Jews and Christians being allowed to live in Arab nations with diminished rights are living on borrowed time, because the calls of militant Islam are clear that no Jew or Christian is to be spared, dhimmi or no.

Shoebat has no reason to have invented this, quite the opposite, in fact. Muslims who renounce their faith, as he has, also relinquish all of their rights, including the right to life. Typically, the extralegal punishment for conversion is throat-slitting. Shoebat's own American mother was held hostage until he was able to have her released, and it was only then that he learnt she was herself a Christian. His life is in danger and the Bank of Bahrain has placed a $10m bounty upon him. Indeed, the lives of all dissidents in PLO and Hamas-controlled areas are in grave danger. Shoebat states that no dissent is tolerated and it is treated with brutality. Those who renounce the faith and the Palestinian cause are killed, and their families killed.

Original articles:

http://www.frontpagemag.com/Articles/ReadA...le.asp?ID=12855

http://www.frontpagemag.com/articles/ReadA...le.asp?ID=12210

Well, your post actually sounds like complete rubbish. I notice there aren't any facts or citations to back it up.

1 in 5 Israeli citizens are Muslim. They have their mosques and freedoms, without any diminished rights. There are also Muslim MPs in the Israeli Parliament.

How many Jews serve in the leadership of Hamas or the PLO? How many synagogues are there in Palestine, or in Syria or Iran?

1 in 5 Israeli citizens are Muslim. They have their mosques and freedoms, without any diminished rights. There are also Muslim MPs in the Israeli Parliament.

Actually Muslims make up 15% of the population, not 20%. And of course that doesn't include the 1.5 million Palestinian Arabs living under military occupation in the West Bank and Gaza.

The Arabs who do live in Israel suffer from lower education and worse health, but they also have a far higher birth rate.

How many Jews serve in the leadership of Hamas or the PLO? How many synagogues are there in Palestine, or in Syria or Iran?

And this is relevant how?

Hugo,

Not to mention Israeli Arabs do not have the same immigration rights and land rights, not to mention many are discriminated for being Arabs. This includes firing Arab/Israelis for speaking Arabic while working at McDonalds. Or how about development projects in the more "Arab" regions in Israel that are severly less funded than that of Jewish Israeli's, turning the Arab/Israeli neighborhoods into ghettos.

Remi

This includes firing Arab/Israelis for speaking Arabic while working at McDonalds.

I don't need to add anything here. By comparing this practice (again, absolutely no evidence given on your part, so we only have your word for it that it happens at all) to that of slitting throats, raping women and killing children, you've really made my point for me.

don't need to add anything here. By comparing this practice (again, absolutely no evidence given on your part, so we only have your word for it that it happens at all) to that of slitting throats, raping women and killing children, you've really made my point for me.

As near as I can tell, your point is "Palestinians are evil," which is understandable considering your source is the vile racist David Horowitz.

The first time I travelled to the Middle East, several years ago, it was obvious that, in the region, Israel was the only democracy, and pluralist state - multicultural, or a society of diversity, I guess we'd say now. (But true, at the time, Israeli car license plates were different colours for Jews and Arabs.)

The main point?

Jordanians and Palestinians in Jordan would start conversations politely and then finish by saying "we will push them into the sea." (Palestinians are not anti-semitic - they are anti-Zionist.)

In Israel, about half at the time were willing to trade land for peace but the other half basically said "it's my land and if anybody tries to take it, I'll kill them." In the intervening years, the latter group has clearly become a majority.

This feud has the potential to go on for ages. The French and Germans, world powers at the time, got involved in such nonsense. Fortunately, the Israelis and the Palestinians are not world powers. Montreal vs Toronto is closer to the true situation.

your source is the vile racist David Horowitz

My source is Walid Shoebat. I chose those links because they were the first online materials I found on him. He's also appeared on several TV shows and he is telling his own story quite independent of Mr. Horowitz or anyone else.

That's fine, but what is the purpose of the article? What point are you trying to underscore? As for Horowitz, you're intelligent enough to know that the medium is important. Whatever Whalid Shoebat's message is, when people like Horowitz pick it up and run with it, I have to wonder what purposes they have in mind. It's like if I posted a third party article about Israel from the Heritage Front web site; people would understandably wonder what interest a white supremiscist party would have in carrying such information even if it was, itself, innocuous.

Shoebat himself brings to mind the case of another religious convert: John Walker Lindh. And we all remember the kind of reception he recieved back home.

(Edited to add:)

Just want to make it clear that I don't doubt Shoebat's story, or support institutionalized anti-Semetism. I abhor the violent application of extremist ideaologies, whether in the form of suicide bombers in Jeruselam or illegal settlements in the west Bank.