In Toronto, people go hungry all the time

tango

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Both and much more.

Then perhaps Benoit, you should spend less time doing some of each and more time reading the forum rules:

NO CROSS-POSTING

Cross posting is defined as posting the same information in more then one forum on the Internet. It is also considered cross posting if you post the same information in different areas of these forums. If you want to propose a new topic, find the appropriate category and only post once. All cross-posts will be deleted without warning.

Edited by Renegade

You are clicking on the "Add Reply" button without replying.

You are clicking the keys and making words flow together in perfect harmony. I would like to buy the world a coat.

It's the sureal thing.

On this thread, the world is hungry not freezing.

You starve faster if you are cold...with a good coat, you can apply for a job and have pupose in your life ...

Give a man a porpoise and he will be fed for a week. Teach a man to whale and he will eat, have clothing and fuel as well as be the centre of attention from bleeding hearts for years

The extinction of whales and all other species of fish is the result of having tried to solve political problems by putting people to work.

Better no one work and everyone starve equally. But between you and me, I'm gunning for flipper....

Man is not a worker, he is a genius.

Feed and house yourself, genius. By that I mean divest yourself of your parent's nipple...I'm pretty sure the definition of genius is a lay about head wanker...

Feed and house yourself, genius. By that I mean divest yourself of your parent's nipple...I'm pretty sure the definition of genius is a lay about head wanker...

Jesus was a beggar more than a worker because he knew humble men makes more solid community than pompous ones.

Jesus was a beggar more than a worker because he knew humble men makes more solid community than pompous ones.

He told you that? Do you have a quote?

Funny then that so many of his parables are about the virtue of labour

The only parable of Jesus seemingly about the virtue of labour is in reality about the virtue of using one's talents.

The only?

The sower 1

The sower 2

The shepard and his lost sheep

The Merchant

The vineyard workers

The doorman

The sharecroppers

The Lazy servant

The unworthy servants

The fig tree....

You are clicking the keys and making words flow together in perfect harmony. I would like to buy the world a coat.

It's the sureal thing.

Courtesy of the Hillside Singers circa 1971?

The only?

The sower 1

The sower 2

The shepard and his lost sheep

The Merchant

The vineyard workers

The doorman

The sharecroppers

The Lazy servant

The unworthy servants

The fig tree....

I have already alluded to The doorman and The Lazy servant : The Parable of the Talents.

The other parables are far from valuing work:

The sower is about the ease with which one is receiving the gospel.

The shepard and his lost sheep is about particular attention given to the weakest of the weak.

The Merchant is about selling everything that we have, to follow Jesus into the Kingdom of God (pearl).

The vineyard workers are paid exactly the same whatever the amount of work done.

The sharecroppers is about taking great care of the son of a rentier (both non-workers).

The unworthy servants is about avoiding overabundance of pride.

The fig tree is about God expecting from His people a living faith in His Son, repentance and a life according to faith. The absence of this in the masses brought down God's wrath upon them, which is expressed in the parable under the guise of the owner's decision to cut down the barren fig tree.

Edited by benny

I can only adapt my message to my audience, but I will not change it to please anyone.

Yes, I can see that you babble the same nonsense on the other forum. Interestingly enough, their reaction to your "messsages" is similar to ours. Of course it must be that all of your audience is wrong and only you are right, and the wisdom of your words so profound that no one can make sense of it.

Just a quick update. Exciting things happening on the job seekers! Still no one at my door seeking work ,but at least I understand why. Benny has educated them.

Benny a quick question. If no one works how does one come about food ? Or is your vision a massive famine?

Just a quick update. Exciting things happening on the job seekers! Still no one at my door seeking work ,but at least I understand why. Benny has educated them.

Benny a quick question. If no one works how does one come about food ? Or is your vision a massive famine?

Seems you want to control the slaves though food...I guess you are against the idea of someone hungry being fed by you unless they sign a contract to waste their lives working for you for minimum wage...I am of the other school of thought - the way I was brought up was to feed those that are hungry if I can..with out strings attatched and without coercion. Maybe I was brought up by old orthodox Christians ....my mother had a buisness - and at the end of the day - the poor children in our semi-rural neighbourhood would arrive to be fed - she fed them all...without sending them out back to kneel and wash the floor first.

I have already alluded to The doorman and The Lazy servant : The Parable of the Talents.

So the virtue of work (or the virtues of workers) figures primarily in his parables....not sloth, unless you count the prodigal son....and yes..he returned to his father's abode to...work.

Seems you want to control the slaves though food...I guess you are against the idea of someone hungry being fed by you unless they sign a contract to waste their lives working for you for minimum wage...I am of the other school of thought - the way I was brought up was to feed those that are hungry if I can..with out strings attatched and without coercion. Maybe I was brought up by old orthodox Christians ....my mother had a buisness - and at the end of the day - the poor children in our semi-rural neighbourhood would arrive to be fed - she fed them all...without sending them out back to kneel and wash the floor first.

First of all you have branded me a person who exploits people at minimum wage. Where did you get that idea from ? Or are you just casting aspersions without proof to argue my case that I do not see any one diligently looking for honest work??

Your Mother must have been a fine and generous soul . But where did she aquire the food to feed the children? It had to be from someones labour. If the communists suppled the food then it was aquired through forced labour.