Ah, spring, and Romance is in the air

Argus

The topic is afghanistan...thanks for being irrelevant and pointless.

the following sentence is part of the topic of this thread:

"Unless you're around Islamists, of course"

this is not about afghanistan. this is another thread where a group of slobbering hyenas want to use any excuse to spread their hatred.

Pathetic, yet predictable response from you.

"uh-oh, people are talking about something terrible that Muslim fundies did. QUICK! Let's try and change the subject to Judaism!"

no kimmy. i've already said taliban's actions are disgusting. i made no attempt at trying to avoid the problem with groups like the taliban. i have made 2 points in this thread:

#1 - religious extremists come in all religions

#2 - those religious extremists do not represent everyone who belongs to the religion

These extreme Jewish fundamentalists... have they formed a military movement? Are these Jewish extremists out attacking people who don't conform to their views? Are they attempting to seize control of a country?

yes.

the jewish settlements are extremists. the israeli military have attacked and killed thousands of innocent people. they're also occupying and annexing palestinian land. just because they're wearing military uniforms, it doesn't make what they're doing okay.

The study also vetted attitudes towards Islamic law and unity, asking how desirable were the “strict application of Sharia Law in every Islamic country” and, in the long run, the unification of “all Islamic countries into a single Islamic state or Caliphate.” Many like it: 65 per cent in Egypt; 48 per cent in Indonesia and 76 per cent in Pakistan and Morocco.

World Muslims want Sharia and a return of one-world Muslim state

Asked whether Shari'a should be the only source of legislation, one of the sources of legislation, or not be a source of legislation, most Muslims believed it should at least be a source of legislation. Support was particularly strong in Jordan, Palestine, and Egypt, where approximately two-thirds of Muslim respondents stated that the Shari'a must be the only source of legislation

Strong majorities in middle east favour Sharia law

Apart from a few public lashings since Islamisation started in the 1980s, harsh physical punishments have not been imposed. Nobody has been executed under a law banning blasphemy against Islam, but some accused blasphemers have been killed by mobs.

Sharia law wanted in Muslim world

53 percent of Muslims think Shariah law should be recognized as a legal basis for settling family disputes, outlawed in 2006. Of those surveyed, 55 percent of Muslim women and 59 percent of Muslims aged 18 to 29 indicated their preference for Sharia law.

Many Canadian Muslims want Sharia Law

Forty per cent of the British Muslims surveyed said they backed introducing sharia in parts of Britain, while 41 per cent opposed

40% of British Muslims want Sharia law[/url\]

SHARIA law should rule Ireland in the event of a Muslim majority, a senior Islamic cleric has said.

Irish Muslims want Sharia law

No doubt dub will now tell us about all the Jewish and Christian mobs who beat accused blasphemers to death and approve of laws which execute women for adultery.

how is wanting sharia law any different than thousands of jews in canada and the UK practicing jewish law? do these muslims want non-muslims in canada and the UK to also adopt sharia law? do they want sharia law to go beyond civil and family matters?

correct me if i'm wrong, but i don't think killing lovebirds is part of the sharia law practiced in many muslim countries. some extremist groups like the taliban, interpret teaching to whatever way they want. only an ignorant person would equate their behaviour and ideologies as the behaviour of all muslims.

do all the countries you've listed kill lovebirds? most of these muslim countries have very different customs and traditions. they do share some similarities, like having oppressive governments but the cultural backgrounds are very different.

but yeah, anyway, lets look at the population of these countries:

...and Iran...
and The Sudan...and
Saudi Arabia...and
population: 27,601,038
Pakistan...and, etc.

that's around 300 million people, who, by your argument, practice archaic religious practices.

what about the other 1.2 billion+ muslims around the world?

throwing a blanket down and saying they're all the same is ignorant.

the following sentence is part of the topic of this thread:

"Unless you're around Islamists, of course"

this is not about afghanistan. this is another thread where a group of slobbering hyenas want to use any excuse to spread their hatred.

And yet, if that hatred were directed towards Jews you'd be drooling over your keyboard, right?

I don't think pointing out the dangers of Islamism - which is a political movement, not merely a religious movement, constitutes spreading hatred. And I think the only reason you and those of your ilk go to such extremes to defend Islamism is your hatred of Jews causes you to instinctively side with whomever you think also hates Jews.

Edited by Argus

how is wanting sharia law any different than thousands of jews in canada and the UK practicing jewish law? do these muslims want non-muslims in canada and the UK to also adopt sharia law? do they want sharia law to go beyond civil and family matters?

correct me if i'm wrong, but i don't think killing lovebirds is part of the sharia law practiced in many muslim countries.

Depends on the interpretation. Sharia generally calls for an unmarried woman who has sex to be publicly whipped. If she's married, and commits adultery, Sharia calls for her to be buried in the dirt to her neck and stoned to death. There are different interpretations however. As I said, women who are raped and who admit it can be executed and have been excuted in Sudan, Somalia, and Iran due to Sharia law stating that unless she has 4 male witnesses, the charge is false. They have then been executed for, in effect, admitting to having sex outside of marriage.

The point you are deliberately ignoring, of course, is that no one in the world (that I'm aware of) currently embraces or even tries to practice the hard-core, violent directives from the Bible of the Talmud. But hundreds of millions do wholeheartedly embrace Sharia law, which calls for executions for sexual misbehaviour - including homosexuality, executions for blasphemy, limbs amputated, public whippings, etc. Last month the chief cleric in Saudi Arabia said there was nothing wrong under Sharia law with giving away your underage daughter in marriage, and last week a judge confirmed that an 8 year old married to a 60 year old by her father - who needed the money - was legally married.

do all the countries you've listed kill lovebirds? most of these muslim countries have very different customs and traditions. they do share some similarities, like having oppressive governments but the cultural backgrounds are very different.

but yeah, anyway, lets look at the population of these countries: 65,875,22440,218,456 population: 27,601,038172,800,048

that's around 300 million people, who, by your argument, practice archaic religious practices.

what about the other 1.2 billion+ muslims around the world?

throwing a blanket down and saying they're all the same is ignorant.

So we're up from ten thousand to 300 million. Yet you're still acting like it's only a few people. Okay, when i get home I'll post similar surveys and information about Sharia and Indonesia, Nepal, Somalia, Yemen. You did read the part where 2/3rds of the people in Jordan and Egypt insist that all law should derive from Sharia, right? Where forty percent of British Muslims want Sharia law? Don't these people count in the "extremist" category, or do you reserve that for Jews?

by the way, i'm an atheist and would love nothing more but to rid the world of religion. at the same time, i can comprehend what most of you are doing does nothing but to fan the flames of extremism and segregation.

Are you in favour, as an atheist, in bringing people into Canada as immigrants who believe wholeheartedly that Sharia law should form the basis of all social interaction?

What about bringing in say, 10,000 of them every year? 20,000? 40,000?