Gun control - fines for unlawful hand gun posession

hi all :)

Recently here in Toronto there was a small march carried out by a local politician Tony Ruprecht of the Liberal party to bring attention to the passing of a bill that would set $2000 dollar fines for those caught with a hand gun in there possession...an illegally carried hand gun i presume the law was aimed at...

Well when i heard of this march and was invited to participate in it to help raise attention to the need for such a bill to be passed I declined and laughed to myself because i thought the whole thing was utter nonsense..

Why did i find marching for this bill to be so laughable, simply because it exemplifies just how distorted and out of touch our our governments priorities really are. In essence the government wants to charge a hardened criminal a $2000 dollar fine for possesion of leathal illegal hand gun , yet already on the books is a law that lets the government charge a $5000 dollar fine to anyone who refuses or cant pay their $15 dollar pet/cat licensing fee...

thats right folks , if your a drug dealer in Canada selling thousands of dollars worth of narcotics each week and your caught with an illegal hand gun then the government of Canada will slap you with a measly $2000 dollar ticket which may very well be pocket change to some of the narcotics dealers. But if you a pet owner who has never done any violent or serious crime and you even went so far as to spend $100 to $200 dollars of you own money to get your pet spayed and neutered as all good citizens should do, then if you dont have the cash or refuse to pay that lousy $15 dollar fine then the Canadian government will rush after you with a $5000 dollar fine for committing the dreadful act of not paying your $15 dollar licence fee on your spayed indoor house cat ....geesh :rolleyes:

It would appear judging by fines set that the government of Canada holds honest Canadian owners of spayed and neutered house pets to be a greater danger and threat to the public and fabric of Canadian society than it does the hard core hand gun carrying bikers , Mafias, drug dealers, gang bangers and various deranged hand gun carrying nutzo's out there ....

Yep $5000 dollars for not paying a $15 dollar pet license fee , and only $2000 dollars if your a crook caught carrying a illegal hand gun... Yep it would be truly laughable if it werent so pathetic a reflection of how out of touch and clueless or political leaders really are ..... :(

yep only in canada eh... pitty eh..

Edited by brett 1

What's with you people? - the laws used to be inforced and people 30 years ago respected the law and police and the courts. As kids we would take out the shot gun or borrow the neighbours 22...and the old guy that would let the kids take out the guns NEVER in a million years offered his revolver..and we would NEVER dare to even think about asking to use it - we knew one thing - hand guns in Canada were forbidden to anyone but police.

SUDDENLY - we forget the past ...and some how we believe that hand guns are legal and common and NOW we must put them out of bounds for common people!

Hand guns have always been restricted - and in the past anyone caught with one would NEVER make bail.

BECAUSE - a hand gun has one specific use - to kill a human being at close quarters!

Those caught with this type of weapon were assumed to be potential killers with intent to kill - by the very fact that they had a hand gun on their person or withing their possession.

WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH JUDGES?

When a person is arrested with a hand gun...He or she is saying ------

"I AM GOING TO KILL A HUMAN BEING"

Yet! Judges set those free who are about to kill.

Evil and stupidity are kin...............either are judges are functioning on some strange policy or they are plain stupid and should be replaced as quickly as possible!