Bill Ayers denied entry to Canada

http://www.google.com/hostednews/canadianp...qa9kFwnSOm9UufA

The University of Toronto says William Ayers, a former U.S. radical who featured prominently in Republican efforts to thwart Barack Obama's election campaign, has been denied entry to Canada.

The university's Centre for Urban Schooling issued a statement saying Ayers, who once lived next to Obama in Chicago, was denied entry to Canada on Sunday night.

Guess he is still on a terrorist watch list.

Perhaps Obama is on the same list and will be turned away when he visits Canada.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/canadianp...qa9kFwnSOm9UufA

Guess he is still on a terrorist watch list.

Perhaps Obama is on the same list and will be turned away when he visits Canada.

He was supposed to be a guest on my AM radio program I listen to in the morning.

I don't quite understand it why myself, perhaps there was more to it like he tried to bring unlabeled medication, you never know.

Canadian border security does not provide exemption for petty crimes like the U.S. does. Maybe this such distinguised man has an insignifigant, but relevant criminal record.

Ayr's charges and whatever was on his record from the 70's was expunged long ago so that cannot be it.

Ayr's charges and whatever was on his record from the 70's was expunged long ago so that cannot be it.

Terrorism and affiliated charges, like arson, attempted murder, etc, do not get expunged. Apparently he was blocked in 2005, as well, but has been able to enter at other times. Seems to depend on whether the agent at the border checks the proper lists.

He's got a long record of arrests for small things.

The worst was he was the co-founder of, Weather Underground, which claimed responsibility for a number of murders and attacks. That in and of itself would make his admittance to Canada a dubious affair.

I think it would be ludicrous to assume the government was trying to make any sort of statement.

Canadian border security does not provide exemption for petty crimes like the U.S. does. Maybe this such distinguised man has an insignifigant, but relevant criminal record.

Both sides of the border have been very strict on criminal records since 2001. People with criminal records should know in this day and age to get a pardon.

What I am not aware of is if this person had a pardon and was still denied access to Canada.

Terrorism and affiliated charges, like arson, attempted murder, etc, do not get expunged. Apparently he was blocked in 2005, as well, but has been able to enter at other times. Seems to depend on whether the agent at the border checks the proper lists.

They have been expunged.

What I am not aware of is if this person had a pardon and was still denied access to Canada.

There is an American in my class. He had a few mpaired driving charges from a decade ago. He was coming up here to live with his wife and be a student. He had to get a Royal Pardon to get up here. He said it cost almost $10 000.

There is an American in my class. He had a few mpaired driving charges from a decade ago. He was coming up here to live with his wife and be a student. He had to get a Royal Pardon to get up here. He said it cost almost $10 000.

Good. He deserves to pay. He should have to pay more. There's no excuse for putting other people's lives in danger needlessly.

Good. He deserves to pay. He should have to pay more. There's no excuse for putting other people's lives in danger needlessly.

I agree completely. It is inexcusable. If not for the fact that the charges were a decade in the past, I doubt he would have got in at all. I was just reporting what I knew :).

Sorry I didn't mean to attack you or anything there. It's just something that really bothers me.

Don't worry, I never took it as an attach. I in fact share your feelings. I was speechless when he told me. Anyway, it could be anything that kept Mr. Ayers from entering Canada. We really don't know.

Pardons in Canada cost roughly $50. unless you go through a private agency that pretends it can accellorate the process which then could cost you $500.

I rode with a friend who at the time was 30 years old, back in the late 80s. We were crossing the border which was regular activity for our employment. After numerous crossings, we had to bring him back to the Canadian side and recross. He had a mischief charge from when he was 18 years old and got to loud at a McDonalds. Those foolish actions cost him his job, 12 years later. But he should have known to get the pardon.

http://www.servicecanada.gc.ca/eng/goc/pardons.shtml

Border agents can deny non-citizens entry into the country without reason. Nevertheless, having been denied entry once before is usually enough reason for an agent to deny a person entry on subsequent attempts.

Border agents can deny non-citizens entry into the country without reason. Nevertheless, having been denied entry once before is usually enough reason for an agent to deny a person entry on subsequent attempts.

That is also a pain in the ass. I have a friend with no record, nothing unusual, but he tried to cross the border when he was 17 and had all his docs and monies needed for his trip to California. They choose not to let him across and he has had declare that he had been turned away ever since that incident. If he declares, it's been about 30% of the time he is arbitrarily denied across.

He has working visas etc, and it doesn't matter.

Some people are very lucky crossing the border, never being turned back in their lifetime.

Others, even the innocent, once fingered seem to have a difficult time from then on.

I take it nothing has come up regarding Ayers denial of entry. No firm reason?

Weatherman