25$ oil and the effect on Tar Sands development

I thought that this is fitting, of how much the forcast of 25$ oil by this time next year, is going to effect the Alberta oil sands?

Will the conservatives have nearly as much money to throw around?

Anyone here to comment on exactly how much this will effect Canadian GNP etc.

Comments on how this will effect Canada in General?

Confederation may be looking good again.

As much as I know Canada in general is benefiting from Alberta's energy sources, in a sick way I'm looking forward to the day (which IS coming) where burning fossil-fuels will be regarded the same way as human-slavery, and Alberta has to put its hand out for an equalisation payment.

Confederation may be looking good again.

As much as I know Canada in general is benefiting from Alberta's energy sources, in a sick way I'm looking forward to the day (which IS coming) where burning fossil-fuels will be regarded the same way as human-slavery, and Alberta has to put its hand out for an equalisation payment.

Then kiss your social programs and other left wing nonsense good-bye.

And if I sound mean, I really wasn't this way until these last few days. Hearing and seeing everything I did about picking up the marbles and going home when things don't go their way... I think a little humble pie might do that province a little good.

Then kiss your social programs and other left wing nonsense good-bye.

Like I said, I know it'll be a sick enjoyment. But what can I say, some of the things I heard said and done these last few days really changed my perception of that province. I used to think those people were the fringe of your society....

And if I sound mean, I really wasn't this way until these last few days. Hearing and seeing everything I did about picking up the marbles and going home when things don't go their way... I think a little humble pie might do that province a little good.

Just like the humble pie is doing Ontario some good?

If you invest like me you would know OPEC is to cutt production and will give fair value at $75/barrel. So if your smart invest in those barrels not in corperations who have intention of expansion. Anhy smart investor will tell you it takes 7 years to plan and procede with projects so to be safe don't look to future prospects but the security in the barrel. AS for planning and engineering jobs consider the white collar toast. Tradesman are a hot commodity either way those jobs are secure in maintnance alone.

only the white collar will hurt the other white collar and personally I say F them all! Albertans and those in maintnance have nothing to worry.

On another note Syncrude has said " we have 40 years left of oil". So if we do not steward in deversifying consider the west toast!

Like I said, I know it'll be a sick enjoyment. But what can I say, some of the things I heard said and done these last few days really changed my perception of that province. I used to think those people were the fringe of your society....

Now you understand what Kimmy says about Vancouver and Alberta as up being down, day being night, etc.

Over the last few days the silent majority has been awakened and it is angry. Evidence of that is what's going on here. Every side has their radicals, and these days they are rearing their ugly heads.

If you invest like me you would know OPEC is to cutt production and will give fair value at $75/barrel. So if your smart invest in those barrels not in corperations who have intention of expansion. Anhy smart investor will tell you it takes 7 years to plan and procede with projects so to be safe don't look to future prospects but the security in the barrel. AS for planning and engineering jobs consider the white collar toast. Tradesman are a hot commodity either way those jobs are secure in maintnance alone.

only the white collar will hurt the other white collar and personally I say F them all! Albertans and those in maintnance have nothing to worry.

On another note Syncrude has said " we have 40 years left of oil". So if we do not steward in deversifying consider the west toast!

The only thing I invest in is my business, and it was one of the smartest investments I ever made. No slot machine stock market for me.

Now you understand what Kimmy says about Vancouver and Alberta as up being down, day being night, etc.

Over the last few days the silent majority has been awakened and it is angry. Evidence of that is what's going on here. Every side has their radicals, and these days they are rearing their ugly heads.

Kimmy was wrong in the fact that outside of Greater Vancouver, BC is pretty much the same as Alberta. She wants like-minded majority, she'd still have it if we merged these two provinces.

Edited by BC_chick

Don't confuse a setback with defeat... end of oil energy is defeat whereas what we saw for back East is a setback.

Alberta is going hard for nuclear power. They are spending massive amounts of dollars on reactors. When the oil sands are done, where do you think all of that electricity will go? Agriculture will also grow by leaps and bounds as it has been for the last two years. Alberta will spend it's oil money on diversifying the economy. You or I won't be around to see when Alberta goes dry.

that's why I said vancouver...

I added to that post since.

And if it's any consolation, I'm not happy about the way British Columbians reacted to the whole thing either. But at least they weren't foaming at the mouth and wanting to break up the country over a perfectly acceptable democratic move.

The only thing I invest in is my business, and it was one of the smartest investments I ever made. No slot machine stock market for me.

unless your a Golosky or how ever you spell the name I would not think of expanding, keep what you got we are in for some rough times and unless you got the that name your gonna get trampled. You seem like a new cummer to the bizz, it will be cutt throat time. like you said don't bring a knife to a gun fight.

Alberta is going hard for nuclear power. They are spending massive amounts of dollars on reactors. When the oil sands are done, where do you think all of that electricity will go? Agriculture will also grow by leaps and bounds as it has been for the last two years. Alberta will spend it's oil money on diversifying the economy. You or I won't be around to see when Alberta goes dry.

We'll see. All I know is that should the day ever come (likely or not) where AB needs to put its hand out, I will laugh my butt off. You know what they say about stepping on toes today that may be attached to ass you might have to kiss in the future.

unless your a Golosky or how ever you spell the name I would not think of expanding, keep what you got we are in for some rough times and unless you got the that name your gonna get trampled. You seem like a new cummer to the bizz, it will be cutt throat time. like you said don't bring a knife to a gun fight.

I'm a farmer, my business has been around for a century. I have expanded and upgraded my machinery instead of pissing it away in the stock market. I am well prepared to weather this storm. I've weathered the last one and that was for eons.

We'll see. All I know is that should the day ever come (likely or not) where AB needs to put its hand out, I will laugh my butt off. You know what they say about stepping on toes today that may be attached to ass you might have to kiss in the future.

I believe it's the ass you kick might be the ass you kiss. Ontario is learning this lesson the hard way. You are more than entitled to laugh your butt off, I laughed at Ontario when shit hit the fan.

I believe it's the ass you kick might be the ass you kiss. Ontario is learning this lesson the hard way. You are more than entitled to laugh your butt off, I laughed at Ontario when shit hit the fan.

You're free to do whatever you want as am I. It's the losers that want to break this country up that really get me mad.

Edited by BC_chick

You're free to do whatever you want as am I. It's the losers that want to break this country up that really get me mad.

Like I say I am opinionated, but am no seperatist. Harper's next majority must address this issue (yes it will be a majority, the electorate is sick of elections and the gong show) Harper is playing dirty pool playing with national unity however, that is a fact.

All i can think is why are we paying you sorry ars so much to plow those fields when we can have immigrants do it for way less cheap! Now that they are buying up all the farm land we should be undercutting you, should we not. I personally am sick and tired of farmers belly acking we dont get this, we don't get that! I need more subsidy and let me sell to the highest market. We should replace you guys you make way to much money you should eat bread crums like the rest.

All i can think is why are we paying you sorry ars so much to plow those fields when we can have immigrants do it for way less cheap! Now that they are buying up all the farm land we should be undercutting you, should we not. I personally am sick and tired of farmers belly acking we dont get this, we don't get that! I need more subsidy and let me sell to the highest market. We should replace you guys you make way to much money you should eat bread crums like the rest.

Immigrants have no capital and no desire to start up. Who's buying up farmland? Other farmers? I don't want fire hose spending on useless programs. However I am a tax payer that pays large taxes, I want my tax dollars working for me. Farmers are also some of the biggest contributors to the economy and 1 in 3 jobs is related to the ag industry. If you don't like farmers, you are more then welcome to not go to the grocery store and can grow/shoot your own food. If you want to pay through the nose for imported food then have at it. We have immigrants who can do oil field work for way less cheap, shall we open the door wide open? We also spend all of the money we get which helps out everybody.

Like I say I am opinionated, but am no seperatist. Harper's next majority must address this issue (yes it will be a majority, the electorate is sick of elections and the gong show) Harper is playing dirty pool playing with national unity however, that is a fact.

I know you're not a separatist, you were one of the few voices of reason on your side. I respect you as well, always have, not just for your anti-separation stance, but because you're quite level-headed.

As for Harper, my guess is (I just said this on another thread too), that he's going to come out feeling invincible now and really push far. The 'coalition' will have no choice but to push for no confidence, and it's not the end of anything yet. The coalition will either take place with someone else at the helm or there'll be another election when parliament resumes.

I'm starting to wonder if the LPC didn't pull this whole thing off covertly just to get Dion out of the picture before May.

Edited by BC_chick

While we're at it, why don't we outsource all our jobs overseas too?

Harper's only real concern is Harper. It was that way when he was a kid working for Jim Hawkes, it was that way when he was working with Preston Manning, and it's that way today. He managed to create this mythology that he's some sort of disinterested, detached technocrat, but he's a mean-spirited street fighter who gives no quarter and considers himself the final say on any matter. If there's a politician out there that he resembles the most; it is ironically Jean Chretien. They may be complete opposites ideologically, but they're both profoundly controlling and egomaniacal men who tolerate no dissent and are not interested in anyone else's opinions.

The Tories are married to him for now, but he should take heed. Mulroney was a tyrant in his day who ignored a fairly large chunk of his own party, and ultimately his actions lead to the destruction of the Progress Conservative Party. The same seems to be happening to the Liberals; Chretien's iron fist may have delivered him great political success, but has left the party bitterly divided and very much at risk of becoming a second-rate power in Parliament.

I think the Tories themselves have to ask the question "How many times do we want this guy to play chicken with us and our country". The Liberal MPs, save for a small group, largely let Chretien do what he wanted, and the party is going to pay for it for a long time.