Steve Paiken runs one of the

Mr.Canada

He is smart, witty and in control. he doesn't let his personal views come across too much.

Runs a great program in Ontario called - The Agenda.

Anyone watch it?

No, or at least not often. It's a little too predictable.

Paiken is also one of the highest paid talking heads in Canada (2007 $231,346.22 )..which is amazing given the funding problems for TVO and the poor ratings of the show. If it was a cost per viewer, he would be the highest paid talking head in North America.

You really must look up some definitions M.Dancer. A "talking head" is a television pundit and a pundit is someone who espouses their views onto the public through some form of mass media.

Mr. Paiken does not do this, he has a panel and lets them talk and he serves as mediator.

Yeah, you really should read some definitions sometime.

I watch every political program I can find. If I'm not home I PVR them.

Yeah I'm a political junkie. It beats the hell out of sit coms.

EDIT- I'm sure that everyone you like works for free M.Dancer. Damn you're one of the most cynical people I've ever read, constantly looking at the dark side.

I don't really care what they make, it's the substance of the program that I'm interested in. Who meets your criteria M.Dancer?

Edited by Mr.Canada

You really must look up some definitions M.Dancer. A "talking head" is a television pundit and a pundit is someone who espouses their views onto the public through some form of mass media.

A talking head is a newsreader or news host.

http://www.answers.com/topic/talking-heads

I don't really care what they make, it's the substance of the program that I'm interested in.

I care. He's vastly overpaid with mine and every Ontarians tax money.

Paiken is also one of the highest paid talking heads in Canada (2007 $231,346.22 )..which is amazing given the funding problems for TVO and the poor ratings of the show.

On another thread I brough this up, his over the top pay scale (probably on the moderater theme).

I could only find his pay from the early 90's, and then it was 150G or so. It is way more than should be paid I grant that, but I bet he doesnt move anywhere....why take a paycut? For that he is smart.

I dont find him all that bright, enough I suppose to watch every now and then when the guests are good.

But it usually followed by Allan Gregg, Manager of Tragically Overplayed and his book show....ZZZZZZZZZZZZ time.

He is smart, witty and in control. he doesn't let his personal views come across too much.

Runs a great program in Ontario called - The Agenda.

Anyone watch it?

I've watched when he had Studio 2 and then he went to another news show, I can't think of the name but it dealt with more world news and had on 3 other people to give their view. Last night, Oct.20, he went to Windsor to talk about the auto industry and manufacturing in Ontario. and it was a good show. He'll be all the road again Nov.17th to kitchener area and talk about manufacturing.

I've watched The Agenda several times and its a pretty good show. I also think he did a good job moderating the leadership debate a few weeks ago. As for him being paid too much, my boss gets paid more than that, and he's on the public dole. And he (and all his other cohorts in so-called management) is a completely useless boob. At least Steve Paiken can do his job reasonably well.

Edited by Sir Bandelot