Dion's 3 strikes interview

The way the question was worded was faulty. The question can not be answered without clarification of tenses.

Gee, how many clarifications does he needs? His own staff gave him clarification!

You continue to worry about that and HARPER does not even have the guts too face unfriendly Media.

Harper stopped his plane too comment on this. Do you have any idea how that would upset the French in the country by criticizing a French speaking politician. What was he thinking. Does he not want any votes in Quebec.

Well in one swoop, you just negated your talk about Harper having no guts! :rolleyes:

If the public did not like it they would have criticized Dion for it.

And they did criticize Dion for it! Even the media did!

I've heard callers to CPAC, Goldhawk and Talk Ottawa!

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You see, you're just digging yourself in deeper. Please feel free to stop making a fool of yourself.

First, I didn't initially ask this question; another member posed it, and you answered it incorrectly. I simply cut and pasted it and asked you to answer it properly.

And as I said, I had no problem grasping the meaning of the question.

Secondly, I believe that the question was intentionally structured as it was to see whether you would recognize the illogic. You didn't, yet you still gave an answer based on what you thought it meant.

Yeah, this is asked a couple days before an election, so Dion asked for clarification whether this meant that he had been elected in 2006, if it was just hypothetical, or of it was suggesting if he were elected on Oct. 14. I saw the clip, the interviewer was being a little vague. And it wouldn't come as a surprise, since the media is trying to get Harper re-elected.

Are you suggesting Dion is a little bit s-l-o-w?

Edited by betsy

And as I said, I had no problem grasping the meaning of the question.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH

I cought what you said before you editted it!!!!!!

Something about somebody else using my name???? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You still can't figure out that another member posted the question, I cut and pasted it so you could reread it and answer it properly!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

I saw the clip, the interviewer was being a little vague. And it wouldn't come as a surprise, since the media is trying to get Harper re-elected.

The media?

Hmm...for them to try to get Harper re-elected (which must've been pure agony for them to do), that's really saying a lot about Dion.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH

I cought what you said before you editted it!!!!!!

Something about somebody else using my name???? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You still can't figure out that another member posted the question, I cut and pasted it so you could reread it and answer it properly!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Well at least you're having fun! :lol:

Speaking of doing things on the fly...anyone who believes that anyone else could possibly have planned for or have a plan for what's been happening in the economy these last few weeks and days is deluding themselves. The capacity that some people have for suspending their disbelief is...beyond belief. It seems really desperate and has...no class. There's no other way to put it.

To suggest that no one could possibly plan for the protection of the economy is ridiculous! There are no sure guarantees, but yes plans are not only very much possible, in fact, they are crucial!

This was what the Cons did several months ago.

Flaherty to tighten bank regulation

Theophilos Argitis and David Scanlan, Bloomberg

Published: Thursday, April 24, 2008

Canada will tighten securities regulation to force more disclosure by financial institutions about their investments after record writedowns by the country's biggest banks, Finance Minister Jim Flaherty said.

The measures, which Flaherty said he'll discuss with bank executives on April 28, may be implemented as soon as this year and will include plans for a single, nationwide securities regulator. The changes will force banks to be more transparent about their holdings and improve risk management, Flaherty said in an interview yesterday in New York.

"I genuinely do plan to discuss with the bank CEOs on Monday the development of our plan to tighten regulation," said Flaherty. "This is a time where it is going to be necessary to have more stringent regulation

http://www.financialpost.com/most_popular/....html?id=468779

You don't wait for the crisis to happen before you act! In the case of Dion....according to him we are already in crisis, and yet he cannot even say anything with substance about it! Sound bites are not good enough at this time!

Edited by betsy

To suggest that no one could possibly plan for the protection of the economy is ridiculous! There are no sure guarantees, but yes plans are not only very much possible, in fact, they are crucial!

This was what the Cons did several months ago.

Flaherty to tighten bank regulation

Theophilos Argitis and David Scanlan, Bloomberg

Published: Thursday, April 24, 2008

Canada will tighten securities regulation to force more disclosure by financial institutions about their investments after record writedowns by the country's biggest banks, Finance Minister Jim Flaherty said.

The measures, which Flaherty said he'll discuss with bank executives on April 28, may be implemented as soon as this year and will include plans for a single, nationwide securities regulator. The changes will force banks to be more transparent about their holdings and improve risk management, Flaherty said in an interview yesterday in New York.

"I genuinely do plan to discuss with the bank CEOs on Monday the development of our plan to tighten regulation," said Flaherty. "This is a time where it is going to be necessary to have more stringent regulation

http://www.financialpost.com/most_popular/....html?id=468779

You don't wait for the crisis to happen before you act! In the case of Dion....according to him we are already in crisis, and yet he cannot even say anything with substance about it! Sound bites are not good enough at this time!

http://www.thestar.com/Business/Mortgages/article/208229

This link shows problems at least a year earlier. April 2007

this is from the media. You still couldn't have read it.

***********Read the Link**************

http://www.thestar.com/FederalElection/article/516042

Look, English is my second language and yet I grasp the meaning of what the question was trying to ask. Granted that the question was poorly worded, Dion should've taken matters into his own hands.

If I were in Dion's situation I would repeat the question the way I understood it AND ANSWER the question THE WAY I UNDERSTOOD IT!

I'll answer like: "If you mean what would I do differently if I were Prime Minister...well, I would do this and that...."

That's what I mean. He should be quick on his feet to take charge!

Edited by betsy

this is from the media. You still couldn't have read it.

***********Read the Link**************

http://www.thestar.com/FederalElection/article/516042

For Pete's Sake, it's the Toronto Star! They're not a newspaper! They are the official media outlet for the Liberal Party of Canada!

They always have been and unless there is a drastic change of ownership they always will. The Star would defend Charles Manson if he was running as a Liberal!

They are so over the top partisan towards Liberals that any objective reader wrote them off years ago as an unbiased source.

Even TASS from Moscow is more objective than the Star when it comes to Liberals!

Sorry, they have about as much credibility in this area as Watchtower magazine.

http://www.thestar.com/Business/Mortgages/article/208229

This link shows problems at least a year earlier. April 2007

And here's an excerpt from your link:

"How Canada avoids U.S. problems

Our mortgage insurance provides more protection on high-risk loans

Apr 30, 2007 04:30 AM

Paul Brent

The meltdown of the U.S. subprime mortgage market has many Canadians wondering if the carnage will make its way north.

While U.S. mortgage defaults continue to soar and subprime lenders succumb to years worth of dubious loans, Canada's mortgage market appears immune to the fallout. It appears Canadian conservativism has insulated us from the excesses of our American cousins.

"The (mortgage) market here is much healthier, the lenders are more prudent in terms of their approval process and Canadians are just more conservative in terms of their products," said Jim Murphy, president of the Canadian Association of Accredited Mortgage Professionals."

It says in your link that it is conservatism that has insulated us. Therefore, it's only sensible we continue with that trait....and the Conservatives are the only ones to do it! The lefties will drive us to our knees.

Edited by betsy

For Pete's Sake, it's the Toronto Star! They're not a newspaper! They are the official media outlet for the Liberal Party of Canada!

They always have been and unless there is a drastic change of ownership they always will. The Star would defend Charles Manson if he was running as a Liberal!

They are so over the top partisan towards Liberals that any objective reader wrote them off years ago as an unbiased source.

Even TASS from Moscow is more objective than the Star when it comes to Liberals!

Sorry, they have about as much credibility in this area as Watchtower magazine.

That has been said about every media outlet I have posted a link from. The article makes sense I do not care who wrote it.

And here's an excerpt from your link:

"How Canada avoids U.S. problems

Our mortgage insurance provides more protection on high-risk loans

Apr 30, 2007 04:30 AM

Paul Brent

The meltdown of the U.S. subprime mortgage market has many Canadians wondering if the carnage will make its way north.

While U.S. mortgage defaults continue to soar and subprime lenders succumb to years worth of dubious loans, Canada's mortgage market appears immune to the fallout. It appears Canadian conservativism has insulated us from the excesses of our American cousins.

"The (mortgage) market here is much healthier, the lenders are more prudent in terms of their approval process and Canadians are just more conservative in terms of their products," said Jim Murphy, president of the Canadian Association of Accredited Mortgage Professionals."

It says in your link that it is conservatism that has insulated us. Therefore, it's only sensible we continue with that trait....and the Conservatives are the only ones to do it! The lefties will drive us to our knees.

I have observed conservatism in Canada for over thirty years. I remember one thing about them as a young man. They were the people that controled the money. They were law and order. They were big buisness and they were the judicary. The problem is that the old guard is fading and aging. There are very few of these of the banker lawyer class left. My biggest fear is that there will be no replacements of the honour class once they are gone. The lefties will not be happy until they see international egg head Trotskyism grip the planet - Liberals have destroyed the family - extremist lefties know one thing - destroy the head of the household and take control of the female - then you have power over the children - This experiment has failed as we can see with the eruption of gun and knife voilence....Conservatism means to conserve what is good and healthy and moral...I know an old conservative and he is deeply concerned with the wet lands and other natural habitat..he orgainised and contributes to saving what is left of the natural world - the liberals are more concerned about human rights for dogs and gay marriage - and the super lefties want to be god and are concerned about destroying Chrisitainity because a believer stands in the way of them being the gods of social engineering - so what's left of conservatism - I will conserve.

I have observed conservatism in Canada for over thirty years. I remember one thing about them as a young man. They were the people that controled the money. They were law and order. They were big buisness and they were the judicary. The problem is that the old guard is fading and aging. There are very few of these of the banker lawyer class left. My biggest fear is that there will be no replacements of the honour class once they are gone.

I know what you mean. Twenty years ago when I came to this country, I was amazed that politicians who were caught or suspected of doing something improper voluntarily resign from office.

As the years go by it has changed. The bold lies and corruptions became too brazen. When they're caught red-handed, they fight tooth and nail hanging on to power. It's like back in my old country.

Edited by betsy

Maybe you only read liberal friendly media sources...

I read anything that can back up what it says. If you read biased sources you have to tame in down a bit but that does not mean you can not learn from it. If you want only unbiased sources you may have trouble finding them. I usually read both sides and figure the truth is probably some place in the middle.

You will always have better luck finding the truth with a moderate centralist attitude. When you hear what is bias reporting - take a good look at the talking head or columist..and ask yourself what motivates the speaker.. For instance I listen to CFRB talk radio - there was a time when Micheal Corin would spew out of both sides of his mouth politically - he double talked on religious issues also - which was always hypocritical - seeing he is Jewish and a Catholic convert - he played both sides of the fence...He will say anything if there is personal profit for him in it...media know who butters their bread...I am sure you can take a liberal media type and easily bribe them in to a conservative.. :P

I may have cracked the case of the question posed on "the interview". Stephane Dion is colour blind. That's why Jeanine selects all his clothes and helps him decide what to wear.

(Walking everywhere is more than a nod to the environment or even fitness: Dion is colour blind and doesn't see reds and greens well, so he doesn't often drive, although he does have a licence, he told Maclean's magazine.)

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canadavotes/leaders...aders-dion.html

Being colour blind is seen as a disability but it can have advantages.

Color blindness is usually classed as disability; however, in selected situations color blind people have an advantage over people with normal color vision. There are some studies which conclude that color blind individuals are better at penetrating certain camouflages.
(my emphasis)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Color_blindness

That's it! When Dion was faced with the dreaded question, it placed him in a "selected situation". That enabled him to penetrate the interviewer's camouflage. To unmask the interviewer's camouflage, he attempted to make the interviewer look dumb by questioning the question. The problem arose when his aide intervened and he then exited the "selected situation" and he could not completely penetrate the camouflage. Dion could not destroy the question. As he didn't have an answer it is the question that destroyed his interview.

Hey, all scenarios are possible.

You will always have better luck finding the truth with a moderate centralist attitude. When you hear what is bias reporting - take a good look at the talking head or columist..and ask yourself what motivates the speaker.. For instance I listen to CFRB talk radio - there was a time when Micheal Corin would spew out of both sides of his mouth politically - he double talked on religious issues also - which was always hypocritical - seeing he is Jewish and a Catholic convert - he played both sides of the fence...He will say anything if there is personal profit for him in it...media know who butters their bread...I am sure you can take a liberal media type and easily bribe them in to a conservative.. :P

Most talk shows take on a views that almost infuriate some of the listeners. That is how you get people too call in. There are few poster that seem too take some of these guys seriously. Most Media people of any sort like to spice it up a bit or no one will read their columns. You have remove a lot of the sensationalism to get at the facts.

Most talk shows take on a views that almost infuriate some of the listeners. That is how you get people too call in. There are few poster that seem too take some of these guys seriously. Most Media people of any sort like to spice it up a bit or no one will read their columns. You have remove a lot of the sensationalism to get at the facts.

First you are screened because they usually have an agenda and policy - so what you have to do is fool the screener and cleverly get your two cents worth before they figure out what you are saying.. Yes there is dramatic tension caused by provocative views to interest the listeners - but - I you can get past that stuff - you may be able to affect or infect a few thousand people - It takes a lot of cunning and energy to manipulate the media via your phone - I have given it up - it's not worth it and people do not learn anyway.

Actually, let's hope that Harper wins. It takes about four years for a depression to really set in, and by that time we will be having another election. So for the next four years we can watch the Conservatives pathetically try to manage the economy and drive us into a deficit and balloon the debt out of all proportion. Then we true Canadians can sweep their free market, republican asses out on the street and take back Canada for good!

Harper goofs in French

Once again, Stephen Harper has proven that it is normal to slip up in your second language. Today, he claimed that the Conservative Government has saved Canadian families $300,000 on average. It's not a big deal, except to the extent that it proves that Mr. Dion's one interview retake is irrelevant.

October 11, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day, Mr. Harper

OTTAWA – At a rally in Guelph, Ontario today, Stephen Harper encouraged Canadians to vote for his party on February 14.

“Friends, on February the 14th, in a time of global economic instability, I want you to ask Canadians - I want you to ask your friends, your neighbors, your colleagues to choose the only party that has a prudent and proven plan.”

We don’t think that this is a question of language for Mr. Harper since he delivered this early valentine in English. We are sure Mr. Harper would like to clarify for Canadians that Election Day is actually October 14, since when you're running a trillion-and-a-half-dollar economy, you don't get a chance to have do-overs.

Don’t worry, Mr. Harper, misspeaking in an election campaign is common. We’re sure that no one will question your competence and qualifications to be Prime Minister just because you got the election date wrong by four months.

And may we be the first to wish you a Happy Valentine’s Day, Mr. Harper.

A video clip can be found at:

Where is the argument now???? It's really pathetic to demonize Dion for not understanding if he was to answer the question from Murphy in the past sense or the present sense. It really was a badly structured sentence and I thought that journalists were language experts. Harper and his conservatives are just showing their ugly side again.

Harper goofs in French

Once again, Stephen Harper has proven that it is normal to slip up in your second language. Today, he claimed that the Conservative Government has saved Canadian families $300,000 on average. It's not a big deal, except to the extent that it proves that Mr. Dion's one interview retake is irrelevant.

October 11, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day, Mr. Harper

OTTAWA – At a rally in Guelph, Ontario today, Stephen Harper encouraged Canadians to vote for his party on February 14.

“Friends, on February the 14th, in a time of global economic instability, I want you to ask Canadians - I want you to ask your friends, your neighbors, your colleagues to choose the only party that has a prudent and proven plan.”

We don’t think that this is a question of language for Mr. Harper since he delivered this early valentine in English. We are sure Mr. Harper would like to clarify for Canadians that Election Day is actually October 14, since when you're running a trillion-and-a-half-dollar economy, you don't get a chance to have do-overs.

Don’t worry, Mr. Harper, misspeaking in an election campaign is common. We’re sure that no one will question your competence and qualifications to be Prime Minister just because you got the election date wrong by four months.

And may we be the first to wish you a Happy Valentine’s Day, Mr. Harper.

A video clip can be found at:

Where is the argument now???? It's really pathetic to demonize Dion for not understanding if he was to answer the question from Murphy in the past sense or the present sense. It really was a badly structured sentence and I thought that journalists were language experts. Harper and his conservatives are just showing their ugly side again.

hehehe

When will you lefties realize that the poin isn't Dion's nearly incomprehensible English, which is in itself a problem, rather, that he as no ecoomic plan?

Dion is a buffoon. My cat would be a better leader.

It's remarkable that America elected a light weight like Mr. Bush. It is stunning that Americans are so stunned. Are Canadians as stunned as the Americans? Will they elect Dion? I believe not. Even a hard core liberal resents the fact that the party brought him aboard as leader on the premise that he pander to the French. I am sure that Dion will get the gay vote - and seeing the liberals have convinced themselves and our young that 51% of the population is potentially gay - well they should have no problem electing milk skinned girly boy,, :lol: