Anyone who has anything against Harper - post here.

Hcheh

Out of all the harper bashing I have read not one person mentioned his uterly retarded drug policy.

Harper gets to sleep by counting Republican elephants. Another costly war on drugs dove tails nicely with imprisoning 14 year olds with hardened lifers.

Our newest minority will ensure this right wing neo-con nonsense remains a Harper dream.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Harper gets to sleep by counting Republican elephants. Another costly war on drugs dove tails nicely with imprisoning 14 year olds with hardened lifers.

I know all you gay-friendly lefties love the idea of putting 14 year olds into adult prison with "hardened lifers" but the actual fact is the only people in the county who have ever seemed to even have the first thought of doing that are you guys.

Here's the latest jewel from Heather Mallick which appeared on a UK website.

I'm so embarrassed: we've just re-elected a PM who wants to recreate Bushworld – eight years after it went out of fashion

-----

Is there some way I can blame George W Bush for Canada's humiliation? You betcha, as Sarah Palin would say.

Our prime minister, Stephen Harper, a strange man with an awkward gait, an absence of social skills, and the dress sense of that guy at the back of the hardware store who sorts nails for a living, is alone in this world in that he still adores Bush. Just as the US is about to turf the man who brought them a disastrous war, Alp-sized deficits and an economic collapse that would give Herbert Hoover pause, Harper this week tried to turn his minority government into a majority one that would transform Canada into Bushworld, eight years after it was fashionable.

He failed. And he failed with stasis, which is worse.

There are three wings to Canadian political life. Harper, the Conservative PM, is a rightwing extremist, although he doesn't suck up like Cameron. He is an anti-choice, pro-prison, poverty-ignoring, food-safety-privatising, arts-ridiculing, Afghanistan war-loving, cowboy hat-wearing guy.

----

Harper began passing laws making Canada more like the States. His most complimentary adjective was "CEO-like". He wants life sentences for 14-year-old murderers, of whom we have maybe three in a nation of 33 million citizens. He wants to build more prisons, ban safe-injection sites for heroin addicts, privatise universal healthcare, make the foetus not just a person, but someone who can dress for success – you know the drill.

And then he passed a law saying election dates had to be fixed, just like in the States. Weird, Canadians thought, but the governor-general can handle that.

----

Liberals get a new leader, not a sweet smart guy like Stéphane Dion, but someone with claws like Michael Ignatieff, a Canadian you Brits took to your bosom some years ago.

Thanks for sending him back. It's getting hot here, our trees are sawdust and our ice is melting. Canada needs a smart decisive cynic.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/20...nada-georgebush

I get the feeling that readers are supposed to find this Mallick piece funny. Yet when I read it, all I see is a person who can't make up her mind whether she's more obsessed with Harper or with Bush.

I wonder if it will make its way to the CBC website. Any guesses?

Here's the latest jewel from Heather Mallick which appeared on a UK website.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/20...nada-georgebush

I get the feeling that readers are supposed to find this Mallick piece funny. Yet when I read it, all I see is a person who can't make up her mind whether she's more obsessed with Harper or with Bush.

I wonder if it will make its way to the CBC website. Any guesses?

I get the feeling I see an author who is debating on listening to her toaster vs. putting more tinfoil in her hat nay tinfoil sombrero.