Stephane Dion, A new tax you will all LOVE to pay

TCCK

Dion wants to put a PERMANENT carbon tax on EVERYTHING we buy!

I do not know about you but my company and I pay enough taxes, I do not want to pay for all Stephane Dion wants to spend my tax dollars on.

Once again the Liberals think the answer to all a country's problems are ADD more Taxes and let the government have an open cheque book to spend all they want on anything they want.

Send a CLEAR message to Dion and DO NOT VOTE for him.

Don't drink the Liberal Kool Aid, it'll kill you and your bank account too!

I do not know about you but my company and I pay enough taxes, I do not want to pay for all Stephane Dion wants to spend my tax dollars on.

Once again the Liberals think the answer to all a country's problems are ADD more Taxes and let the government have an open cheque book to spend all they want on anything they want.

Wow, I did not know any of this. No-one on these boards has ever talked about the pros and cons of a carbon tax. Nope. No threads in progress about this topic at all.

Everyone do the research, Dion wants both his hands in your wallet and bank account.

He is disguising it as an ECO-TAX because anything Pro-Enviromental is always good but he just wants the new tax to pay for his countless promises and be able to spend and spend and spend

JUST LIKE THE BUSH REGIME HAS DONE TO BASICALLY BANKRUPT THE USA.

Do we want to be the next nation to be spent into bankrupcy and we work like slaves to still have our country go down the tubes and we have our hard esrned money thrown into the trash???

Think about it, do you REALLY want to vote Liberal now????

Everyone do the research, Dion wants both his hands in your wallet and bank account.

He is disguising it as an ECO-TAX because anything Pro-Enviromental is always good but he just wants the new tax to pay for his countless promises and be able to spend and spend and spend

JUST LIKE THE BUSH REGIME HAS DONE TO BASICALLY BANKRUPT THE USA.

Do we want to be the next nation to be spent into bankrupcy and we work like slaves to still have our country go down the tubes and we have our hard esrned money thrown into the trash???

Think about it, do you REALLY want to vote Liberal now????

You do understand that it is the RIGHT WING Harper's conservatives that model themselves after Bush.

You do understand that there is off senting tax reductions so that their is no net gain in revenue.

Oh I looked at the proposal, LOL, yes $1 of tax benefits for every $200 you pay is what it looks like to me but hey I just own & run a Nationwide company what would I know.

You sure have drank the Liberal Kool Aid and believe everything the high priest Dion says don't you!

It may look like the Conservatives are modeled after Bush's regime but Dion knows how to spend like Bush.

Oh I looked at the proposal, LOL, yes $1 of tax benefits for every $200 you pay is what it looks like to me but hey I just own & run a Nationwide company what would I know.

You sure have drank the Liberal Kool Aid and believe everything the high priest Dion says don't you!

It may look like the Conservatives are modeled after Bush's regime but Dion knows how to spend like Bush.

Check out the Conservative budgets yourself. You may quickly change your opinion.

Is your company poluting the environment? Will a carbon tax change the way you operate. Do you care about the environment at all or just about your own pocket.

Most people want something done about the environment. Few want to be the ones to pay for it. What expenditures of Dion are you talking about?

Is your company poluting the environment? Will a carbon tax change the way you operate. Do you care about the environment at all or just about your own pocket.

Most people want something done about the environment. Few want to be the ones to pay for it. What expenditures of Dion are you talking about?

Actually my company would probably from what my analysts say benefit from the Carbon Tax but I am against it because it is another tax that will just go into general revenue and be justification for more spending and Liberal members of parliament raises.

Remember the piracy tax on CD's in this country?? Not 1 recording artist has seen ANY of that promised revenue from the government because the Liberals ear marked it for elsewhere and Harper is still trying to figure out how to back that off so it goes to the recording artists.

What next a tax for breathing out carbon monoxide. We will all walk around with masks that register how mush carbon monoxide we breathe out.

Actually my company would probably from what my analysts say benefit from the Carbon Tax but I am against it because it is another tax that will just go into general revenue and be justification for more spending and Liberal members of parliament raises.

Remember the piracy tax on CD's in this country?? Not 1 recording artist has seen ANY of that promised revenue from the government because the Liberals ear marked it for elsewhere and Harper is still trying to figure out how to back that off so it goes to the recording artists.

What next a tax for breathing out carbon monoxide. We will all walk around with masks that register how mush carbon monoxide we breathe out.

Are you suggesting the Conservatives will not be looking for raises. Now that would be a promise I could go along with. You can find all kinds of examples of government money being poorly spent. Not only by the Liberals but the Progressive Conservatives. The big part of the problem is the Ministers themselves are often not aware of where the money is spent or money is rerouted to buy votes. Harper promised more accountability but instead became a more secretive government. I do not see any government doing what is needed. They all get in there and are so worried that mistakes will get out they keep everything secretive.

I am sorry to hear there are still people out there who want to do nothing about the environment. Maybe there are much better ideas out there to deal with the environment. Harper seems to want to keep his blinders on and ignore the seriousness of the problem.

What kind of business?

Read all my posts and not only can you figure that out but who I am. (It is not just one business actually but many.)

and to Independant:

Quote: I am sorry to hear there are still people out there who want to do nothing about the environment. Maybe there are much better ideas out there to deal with the environment. Harper seems to want to keep his blinders on and ignore the seriousness of the problem.

Read my otehr posts in one of the other topics you will see I do care about the enviroment but I am not blindly brainwashed about "CLIMATE CHANGE", it is caused by high solar flare activity and something more in the solar system thus why Mars, Mecury and Jupiter are having the same issue. Do the research it is true!!

Read all my posts and not only can you figure that out but who I am. (It is not just one business actually but many.)

and to Independant:

Quote: I am sorry to hear there are still people out there who want to do nothing about the environment. Maybe there are much better ideas out there to deal with the environment. Harper seems to want to keep his blinders on and ignore the seriousness of the problem.

Read my otehr posts in one of the other topics you will see I do care about the enviroment but I am not blindly brainwashed about "CLIMATE CHANGE", it is caused by high solar flare activity and something more in the solar system thus why Mars, Mecury and Jupiter are having the same issue. Do the research it is true!!

I do agree that the sun has a lot to with Climate change but we are creating a lot of man made environmental problems as well(There is a lot of research on that as well) We have to take responsibily for the parts we can control.

and to Independant:

Well, for a while there I thought you were Ted Byfield but after noticing how you trumpet so many things as if they are new to this board when there are already many threads both new and old that chewed those points to death, I now figure you must be my teenage daughter!

She too thinks that no one knew anything and nothing of importance had occurred before she came along...

That's our man. Just the kind of polemics Harper's crowd is so keen on holding in this election. Just the attitude to do a serious analysys and meaningful discussion of issues and hopefully, work out real solutions.

What does it matter that he does not seem to have any clue what he's talking about?

Isn't the carbon tax only tax on business that pollutes? The more they pollute the more they pay and in return Dion returns that money to the people in a cut to income tax. How can that be bad for Canadians? From what I've heard the US is going to bring in the same thing after the election. What is Harper friends and family going to lose money in their oil business and investments???

and to Independant:

Dick Cheney, is that you?

But seriously, answer the man's questions.... and btw, can anyone provide me with a link supporting the claims of Harper trying to re-route this money to artists?

Isn't the carbon tax only tax on business that pollutes? The more they pollute the more they pay and in return Dion returns that money to the people in a cut to income tax. How can that be bad for Canadians? From what I've heard the US is going to bring in the same thing after the election. What is Harper friends and family going to lose money in their oil business and investments???

Who needs this income tax cut? Harper is gonna cut my GST another 2%!!!! Yeah baby!!!

No it is on EVERYTHING.

You might try reading what the Liberals themselves are saying about their tax. It will be on fuel, because fuel burned produces carbon. It will be on electricity, if it came from coal, oil or gas turbines. (This lets Quebec off the hook - hydro electricity is their main source. Go figure.)

It will be on anything manufactured, if something was burned in the manufacturing process. Tractors that burn diesel while farming to provide our food.

It will be on literally everything that you can construe an argument that it has burning and thus carbon emitting somewhere in the process of getting it to you. Just the increased shipping costs for planes, trains and transport trucks will add a hefty increase to the price.

Dion claims that all this will be offset by income tax cuts. Just the thought of all the research and math that would be involved is pretty scary. Somehow, any errors will surely not be in our favour. Have you forgotten how when the GST came in we were told it would not be on necessities? Have you forgotten the uproar when we saw GST being charged on salt, sugar, flour and even feminine hygiene products?

Or do you have total faith that a Dion government will be far more intelligent and honest than all previous governernments and make none of these mistakes?

This tax makes no sense as Global warming is a sham. The reason why the world was heating up was due to solar flare activity and not Carbon.

-Regards

I say you are half right. It's part nature and part man-made. You can't put a price on a person's health and whatever it take to clear the air I'm all for it!

Hey if the politicians really want to do something for mankind they should eliminate or make illegal all the chemicals that are clearly killing us slowly. Cigarettes, aspertame, MSG, etc. No I am not a whacko GREEN candidate, just throwing this out if they are going to start taxing anything that effects the enviroment then they should eliminate things that kill us too it stands to reason.